• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings/Thoughts vs. Fulham

Raziel

Les Medley
Actually thought is was a poor-ish game from us against a dire team. Two brilliant saves from Lloris and two set pieces from Eriksen covered up a lot of cracks.

A few thoughts

- Individual errors .. again
- I don't like "midfielder Ade" what's the point? we have 900 midfielders and our best striker spends 85 minutes playing in that position? Not Ade's best day, number of decent crosses to nobody in the box today because Ade was too deep. TS should have replaced Ade with Soldado (not Kane) and seen how that worked.
- Dembele, until we can give him a brain transplant, really don't see why we play him (at least Paulinho scores)
- Lennon continues his more improved (still not in form) progress, 1 assist, 1 off the post.
- Lloris, people still want to sell this guy? very close to MOM for me.
- Eriksen, the man of the day .. again
- Kane, can't ask anymore of a 20 year old in his third start

Fryers/Naughton/Rose, all too mistake prone

Townsend/Soldado, not enough time to comment.

TS, a win, but nothing is changing ..

Last edited:
Match ratings vs Fulham

Lloris - 8

Naughton - 6
Kaboul - 4
Fryers - 5
Rose - 7

Lennon - 7
Paulinho - 6.5
Chadli - 5.5
Eriksen - 7

Kane - 7
Adebayor - 5

Last edited:
Actually thought is was a poor-ish game from us against a dire team. Two brilliant saves from Lloris and two set pieces from Eriksen covered up a lot of cracks.

A few thoughts

- Individual errors .. again
- I don't like "midfielder Ade" what's the point? we have 900 midfielders and our best striker spends 85 minutes playing in that position? Not Ade's best day, number of decent crosses to nobody in the box today because Ade was too deep. TS should have replaced Ade with Soldado (not Kane) and seen how that worked.
- Dembele, until we can give him a brain transplant, really don't see why we play him (at least Paulinho scores)
- Lennon continues his more improved (still not in form) progress, 1 assist, 1 off the post.
- Lloris, people still want to sell this guy? very close to MOM for me.
- Eriksen, the man of the day .. again
- Kane, can't ask anymore of a 20 year old in his third start

Fryers/Naughton/Rose, all too mistake prone

Townsend/Soldado, not enough time to comment.

TS, a win, but nothing is changing ..

Some of your comments are baffling and makes me unsure whether you're talking about todays game or your opinion in general.

Lloris - 8 - Kept us in it, would not have got the win without him.

Naughton - 5 - Not as bad as usual, but we won't get anywhere with this guy in our team.
Kaboul - 7 - Possibly his best game for us since returning from injury.
Fryers - 6 - Solid for a youngster out of position.
Rose - 6.5 - One of his better games but, like Naughton, we won't get anywhere with his as first choice LB.

Lennon - 6.5 - Better, but still not looking like his old self. Give Townsend a run.
Paulinho - 7 - A bit sloppy before his goal, but worked hard. Seems more motivated than he was. Got an important goal too.
Chadli - 5 - Quiet. IMO, our worst summer signing.
Eriksen - 8 - Once again showing us how much worse we would be doing without him.

Kane - 6.5 - Well taken goal but that was about it. Fearing that Sherwood may now see him as undroppable.
Adebayor - 4.5 - Not very good at all.

Dembele - 6 - Tidy for half an hour but didn't do much. Tbf he is coming back from injury.
Soldado - 6 - See Dembele.
Townsend - N/A - Should have come on earlier with the game already won.

Some of your comments are baffling and makes me unsure whether you're talking about todays game or your opinion in general.

Which?

- You like Ade spending 90% of the game wide, in midfield, in our half? seen today
- Dembele has all the skills, yet everytime we play him, he does absolutely nothing with his possession? seen today
- Lennon had a slightly better game today as last games, as compared to previous 10 or so?
- Great save in open play, and penalty, and usually sweeping from Lloris, yet if you look on this board so many people we should sell and get ****ing Foster
- Eriksen .. no more comment
- Kane, 20, 3 games, 3 goals ..

What comments?

very poor footballing system of play means there is very little synergies (e.g. telepathic understanding or set pieces) so everything we do looks laboured, and the players look isolated.

what counts for us now are the individual contributions - mainly eriksen, loris and lennon for this game - the coach has little influence on the pitch it seems; its left to the players to figure it out once the positions are decided.

Which?

- You like Ade spending 90% of the game wide, in midfield, in our half? seen today
- Dembele has all the skills, yet everytime we play him, he does absolutely nothing with his possession? seen today
- Lennon had a slightly better game today as last games, as compared to previous 10 or so?
- Great save in open play, and penalty, and usually sweeping from Lloris, yet if you look on this board so many people we should sell and get ****ing Foster
- Eriksen .. no more comment
- Kane, 20, 3 games, 3 goals ..

What comments?

Mentioning Dembele when he didn't even start and played well when he came on. Saying Rose and Naughton are prone to mistakes (when both were good...especially Rose) and not putting Kaboul in the list of people making mistakes.

Back in the hotel after the match.

Not the most entertaining game this season, but another win I suppose, thanks to Lloris and Eriksen. Four good saves from the former, and two cracking free-kick assists for the latter
Atmosphere was rather flat again, but again chicken and egg, not given much by the team to cheer about

Play like that next week and we will get beat. The guy with the can on Northumberland Park got the score right, and my prediction for Stoke next Saturday is that Charlie Adam will go straight through Eriksen in the opening 10mins

Mentioning Dembele when he didn't even start and played well when he came on. Saying Rose and Naughton are prone to mistakes (when both were good...especially Rose) and not putting Kaboul in the list of people making mistakes.

Dembele did what he always does (I have watched him closely all season), he almost never "plays well". He gets a lot of possession, shields the ball well, often turns away from his man well, then does nothing, i.e. either does a poor pass, runs into a blind alley or somehow just makes a wrong decision, doesn't create and assist, doesn't score. Everyone on this board calls Paulinho "invisblinho", yet look at his goals/assists vs. Dembele.
Rose was Rose, misplaced passes, clumsy defending (could have been called for a penalty), honestly you thought he had a good game?
Naughton tries, is learning to work with Lennon better, but again, not a good game.
Kaboul made mistakes, but had a couple of decent tackles, got the ball forward and scored, I just gave the guy a break due to his contribution.

Lloris - 8. Superb performance. Saved our blushes.

Naughton - 5. Bottom line is he isn't good enough for a team with Champion's League ambitions.
Kaboul - 4. Awful.
Fryers - 5. Barely better than Kaboul.
Rose - 6. Better game. Pick of the defenders.

Lennon - 6.5. His defensive work was excellent today, and better going forward.
Chadli - 5. Fail to see what he brings to the team in all honesty.
Paulinho - 6. Better game, but surprisingly poor technique.
Eriksen - 8. Absolutely superb set-piece deliveries.

Kane - 6. Good goal, but offered little else.
Adebayor - 4. Poor game. Miles away from where he needs to be constantly.

Dembele did what he always does (I have watched him closely all season), he almost never "plays well". He gets a lot of possession, shields the ball well, often turns away from his man well, then does nothing, i.e. either does a poor pass, runs into a blind alley or somehow just makes a wrong decision, doesn't create and assist, doesn't score. Everyone on this board calls Paulinho "invisblinho", yet look at his goals/assists vs. Dembele.
Rose was Rose, misplaced passes, clumsy defending (could have been called for a penalty), honestly you thought he had a good game?
Naughton tries, is learning to work with Lennon better, but again, not a good game.
Kaboul made mistakes, but had a couple of decent tackles, got the ball forward and scored, I just gave the guy a break due to his contribution.

Rose was our best defender today by a distance imo.

Some of our final third passing was good. Nice to see.

But its same old same old. Too many times we're slopping playing the ball around defensive areas and the defensive looks crap. Unprotected and individually poor as well. It wasn't a problem against Foolham, but would have been against better teams.

When we were two goals to the good, we were not focused enough, we don't seem to concentrate and could have let them back in. Sherwood needs to impress how vital it is to stay focused and keep possession.

Some promising signs, but the same old defensive problems and a lack of concentration. We play well when we're desperate, but when we take our foot off the pedal, we looked vulnerable. We need to consistently run the game, there are too many lapses currently. But it takes time to refine a side.

Some of our final third passing was good. Nice to see.

But its same old same old. Too many times we're slopping playing the ball around defensive areas and the defensive looks crap. Unprotected and individually poor as well. It wasn't a problem against Foolham, but would have been against better teams.

When we were two goals to the good, we were not focused enough, we don't seem to concentrate and could have let them back in. Sherwood needs to impress how vital it is to stay focused and keep possession.

Some promising signs, but the same old defensive problems and a lack of concentration. We play well when we're desperate, but when we take our foot off the pedal, we looked vulnerable. We need to consistently run the game, there are too many lapses currently. But it takes time to refine a side.

Two overcommitted FB's who are not the best at defending in position to start with, no DM, high line with CBs that seem to be isolated too often and beaten by strait balls.

We look like **** whenever someone/anyone attacks, if they stand off us, we look like a decent team.

Basic **** mate ... no rocket science here

And could very easily have given away a needless penalty

But it clearly wasn't a foul so that's irrelevant.

Considering the amount of stick Rose gets, I'm happy when he plays well and it's nice when he's given a bit of credit.

He's arguably got the most difficult job out of the whole of our defence. He gets no protection from Eriksen and it also called upon to provide attacking width. BAE played in similar circumstances with Modric and Bale but very rarely provided attacking support on the overlap. For what it's worth, I don't think Rose is quite good enough yet to perform the duties he's being asked to do. Maybe given time he can become more reliable but he'll need some patience.

Lloris 8
Naughton 4 - squad player at best I'm afraid
Kaboul 6 - nowhere near as bad as people made out but I do not know why he didn't take charge of Rodellega. Fryers lost the first six or so headers and began to give up.
Fryers - 5
Rose - 5
Lennon - 8 MOTM
Erikson - 8
Chadli - 4
Paulinho - 7
Adebayor - 6
Kane - 6

Lloris - 8. Superb performance. Saved our blushes.

Naughton - 5. Bottom line is he isn't good enough for a team with Champion's League ambitions.
Kaboul - 4. Awful.
Fryers - 5. Barely better than Kaboul.
Rose - 6. Better game. Pick of the defenders.

Lennon - 6.5. His defensive work was excellent today, and better going forward.
Chadli - 5. Fail to see what he brings to the team in all honesty.
Paulinho - 6. Better game, but surprisingly poor technique.
Eriksen - 8. Absolutely superb set-piece deliveries.

Kane - 6. Good goal, but offered little else.
Adebayor - 4. Poor game. Miles away from where he needs to be constantly.

Spot on!!! My thoughts exactly

watched it in the pub today and do not get to judge as well due to booze intake.

what impressed me today was Paulinho was more in the game then for a long time was impressed with his attitude today.

Lloris 8 good saves.

Naughton 6
Kaboul 5 no leadership or organising the defence
Fryers 6 nice first touch have to see how he progresses.
Rose 6

Lennon 7 lots of hard work, crap crossing but an assist and he kept plugging away.
Eriksen 8 I LOVE THE GREAT DANE
Chadli 6 did not realise he was playing
Paulinho 8 ran a lot more and looked like he cared, if he keeps this up and adds skill I will be happy.

Ade 6 poor passing today but kept going.
Kane 7.5 nice goal, good touch good awareness, like the lad.

Back