• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings - Lazio (A)

I'm no Walker fan-boy but his passing last night was on par with everyone else on the team, bar none. In fact he two long distance crossfield passes that were spot on.

His overall performance was decent enough defensively and I can remember numerous interceptions that he made, and he got his CB's out of jail on a few occasions. The boy deserves criticism for some of his recent performances but last night was one of his better ones to my eyes.

Anyway considering its a rating thread

Lloris - 7 Two great saves and commanded his box superbly. Swept up behind the defense too. Crazy for-the-cameras save in the first half that nearly cost a goal. Also poor was going to ground way too early versus their striker in the 2nd left a gaping goal which he thankfully missed. I can see he's trying to impress but maybe trying a little too hard to catch the managers eye.

Walker - 6 (see above)
Caulker - 5 Not a good performance for me.
Vertonghen - 5 Sloppy play all around.
Naughton - 5 Solid if unspectacular

Dempsey - 4 I don't know what this guy adds.
Sigurdsson - 4 Looked devoid of confidence and hadn't a clue how to play that position
Sandro - 7 Energetic performance as always.
Carroll - 6 Good first half but disappeared in the 2nd.
Bale - 5 Same as above and still not doing a lot defensively either.

Adebayor - 5 Nothing really happened for him but the service was cack.

Last edited:
Its laughable how people continue to slate walker! The lad is 22 and you expect him to be 9/10 every week! Not gona happen!
Personally I feel he has been let down by Redknapp and AVB in terms of giving him a break out the team.

Walker is, in time, going to be a top draw full back for the modern day and when AVB gets a Lennon replacement (unfortunately he will do this) then walker will have room to bomb forward and people will be raving about him being the next Dani Alvez!

The hate which Walker get on here is unbelieveable! He's 21, a full international and has the raw ingredients to go on and be a really top class RB (e.g. page, height, decent engine, good passer/crosser etc). He just needs games to gain experience. To replace him with someone better would cost the best part of £10m+ and it would mean he wouldnt develop so his value would drop

The hate which Walker get on here is unbelieveable! He's 21, a full international and has the raw ingredients to go on and be a really top class RB (e.g. page, height, decent engine, good passer/crosser etc). He just needs games to gain experience. To replace him with someone better would cost the best part of £10m+ and it would mean he wouldnt develop so his value would drop

Full International means very little and good passer/crosser? You must be talking about a different Walker.

dude, even when he was at top form, Walker is categorically NOT a good crosser especially. His final ball is absolutely atrocious.

I didn't see the game, not gonna slate him, I agree he has a lot of potential, is young and should not be written off. But footballing-wise, he has a LONG way to go.

Firstly crossing? what the fudge? have you not seen him?

Secondly disregarding the crosser bit you have described an athlete - which Walker is. A footballer? I wont pass judgement now but the ability doesnt really seem to be there.

Think you've got him confused with the other Kyle, Adam, he does seem to be a good crosser/passer of the ball and once Bennys back I think we'll see that from the right back position. Giving Walker a bit of a break is important as being played constantly whilst in such wretched from doesn't seem to be helping him. Bit of time to consider, consolidate and then work his way back in to the team.

Walker is a great athlete,but a terrible footballer and I ve said it last season when Walker was still FOTM and some people here even called him the "best RB in the league".His footballing skills are nowhere near PL quality and the only thing that makes him a mediocre defender is his truly amazing pace.I think some people here need to wake up and realise that his technique will never allow him to be a top drawer footballer,let alone one of the best RB's in the world.His first touch,crossing,passing and ball control will be just as good(or bad) in 5-6 years.Last year,everyone was tossing themselves silly over Walker,but in reality BAE(with Modric) was responsible for the majority of all our good plays.

Walker is a great athlete,but a terrible footballer and I ve said it last season when Walker was still FOTM and some people here even called him the "best RB in the league".His footballing skills are nowhere near PL quality and the only thing that makes him a mediocre defender is his truly amazing pace.I think some people here need to wake up and realise that his technique will never allow him to be a top drawer footballer,let alone one of the best RB's in the world.His first touch,crossing,passing and ball control will be just as good(or bad) in 5-6 years.Last year,everyone was tossing themselves silly over Walker,but in reality BAE(with Modric) was responsible for the majority of all our good plays.

The funny thing is you have pundits actually rating him. Neville loves the guy and seems to really rate him. Neville must know his stuff so im unsure of whether we are getting it all wrong or the pundits including a former brilliant right back in Neille.

The funny thing is you have pundits actually rating him. Neville loves the guy and seems to really rate him. Neville must know his stuff so im unsure of whether we are getting it all wrong or the pundits including a former brilliant right back in Neille.

From my experience,most English pundits rate the players by the following criteria:

Pace(by far the most important one)
Strength/Size(Can he handle the physicality of the PL?!)
Age/Nationality(Look at him,he is tall and strong,must be a good CB/DM,right?)
Workrate(Player has brick game,but pundits will say "He put a good shift in,well played son")
Rest

Walker has a huge advantage of being English,it's what has got him the award for the best young player last season.He did OK last season,nothing spectacular,but he was rated as if he was the next big thing in world football.

My rather late comments

- Lloris had a brilliant game and was the only reason we got a point on the day. Great saves, but far more important is comes and kills potentially dangerous situations. His distribution could improve but imo is the best of any of our keepers. Time for this guy to get a run in the team.
- Walker, young, great athlete, amazing pace. He has been desperately out of form this season, but what he needs to work on decision making (passes, positioning, when to defend, when to attack, etc.), that is easily something a player can add to their game. Challenge for him and the club, is it would be great to have cover for him, to rest him and also give him a week or two on the training ground to work on some areas (priority area for January buy)
- Carroll, decent first half, faded with the physicality in second. Needs to learn to be more comfortable with less time on the ball, should come with game time.
- Ade/Dempsey/Bale all mediocre games.

My comments on the general ratings in this thread

- Amazing people still want to give Lloris some bad marks, easily our MOM and only reason we didn't lose.
- People bitch about Walker and Dempsey? Siggy was our worst player .. again (only one of our major purchases for me that I struggle to see the value in)

Lloris 8

Walker 5.5
Caulker 6
Vertonghen 6
Naughton 5.5

Sandro 6
Carroll 6.5

Siggy 5.5
Dempsey 5
Bale 6

Ade 5

Lennon, Defoe, Dembele 6

Not sure if Neville can be trusted when it comes to English players, although very good at analyzing and communicating he seems about as biased as most English pundits.

Most people that rave about Walker talk about his potential, I think we are right to be excited about the future, but equally I think people are right to criticize what he's currently getting wrong. I think he was overrated last season and gets a bit more flak than he deserves because people set the bar a bit too high for him.

There are some basics he needs to sort out, passing, crossing and positioning among them. These aren't things that all players just naturally develop though. Time will tell if he will be able to reach his potential. Talking of Neville, he seemed to me like a player who did very well with the talent he had. He wasn't the greatest on the ball and his close control was average, but he improved both his passing and crossing to the point of being very effective, although not flash in any way. He went on to be a regular for United and later a captain for them as well as a England regular. I hope Kyle can do something similar and then his outstanding athleticism can help him become something special.

The Dortmund footballnaut was mentioned in another thread, imagine young Walker spending half an hour in something like that every day for a year. I imagine his passing would reach an acceptable level, although I have no actual clue of course.

Think you've got him confused with the other Kyle, Adam, he does seem to be a good crosser/passer of the ball and once Bennys back I think we'll see that from the right back position. Giving Walker a bit of a break is important as being played constantly whilst in such wretched from doesn't seem to be helping him. Bit of time to consider, consolidate and then work his way back in to the team.
Strange how it's as obvious as daylight to everyone except AVB. Admittedly his options are limited whilst both Gallas and Naughton are struggling but either could at least do a job, with Dawson and Caulker at CB and Verthongen LB.

Last edited:
Lloris 8 - some fine saves got lucky on several ocassions, but our MOM by some way
Walker 5 - has played a lot worse
Calker 5 - not his best game
Verts 5 - pulled all over the place and missed some crucial tackles
Naughton 5 - looked very shaky
Carroll 6 -neat
Sandro 6 - some good tackles but also gave the ball away cheaply in dangerous positions
Sigg 5 - tried hard but clearly out of position
Dempsey 3 - just nothing seems to work for him. Spent a lot of time on the floor complaining
Bale 6 - our best forward. tried hard but had no support
Ade 3 - looked totally uninterested and it was really lame display. Hoped he might want to prove something - he didnt

AVB - 4 uninspiring in every aspect so far. We could and should have been anihilated today. Thanks to Hugo and their forward missing 5 clear chances, we somehow got a flukey undeserved draw

Lazio (A) 0-0

Our worst Europa league performance with 5.86, worse than Panathinaikos (A) which was a 5.91. Lowest rating given was 5.18 and highest was 6.73.

Best performance so far by Lloris with a rating of 8.32 and MOTM by a long way. His 8.32 eclipses his previous high of 7.23 and is the 3rd highest rating of the season behind Bale's 8.50 and Defoe's 8.70 at home to Maribor. Another positive was our central midfield partnership of Sandro and Carroll who were well above average with 6.74 and 6.71 respectively.

At the other end of the spectrum Dempsey's 4.58 means he has the most sub-5.5 performances of the season than anyone else with 7 in 12 games. He has also now been the worst player on the pitch in an incredible 5 games with Defoe, Livemore and Walker a distant second with 2 games each.

Sigurdsson also gets another sub-5.5 with 5.21 as does Adebayor with 4.84 and the two substitutes (Defoe and Lennon) who had half an hour but didn't make any impact both getting 5.09 which makes that Lennon's lowest rating of the season since his 5.11 vs Emirates Marketing Project (A). Caulker also had his worst performace of the season with 5.82 (5.95) but remains one of only 4 regulars who have yet to get a sub-5.5 (Lloris, Sandro and Dembele the others).

The high standard deviation for Kyle Walker should also be noted as he seems to have split opinion in this match between forum members. With the way the season has been going and having played the most games out of any player, avoiding a sub-5.5 is always a good thing considering a third of his games have been sub-5.5s.

TXH9g.jpg

Lazio (A) 0-0

Our worst Europa league performance with 5.86, worse than Panathinaikos (A) which was a 5.91. Lowest rating given was 5.18 and highest was 6.73.

Best performance so far by Lloris with a rating of 8.32 and MOTM by a long way. His 8.32 eclipses his previous high of 7.23 and is the 3rd highest rating of the season behind Bale's 8.50 and Defoe's 8.70 at home to Maribor. Another positive was our central midfield partnership of Sandro and Carroll who were well above average with 6.74 and 6.71 respectively.

At the other end of the spectrum Dempsey's 4.58 means he has the most sub-5.5 performances of the season than anyone else with 7 in 12 games. He has also now been the worst player on the pitch in an incredible 5 games with Defoe, Livemore and Walker a distant second with 2 games each.

Sigurdsson also gets another sub-5.5 with 5.21 as does Adebayor with 4.84 and the two substitutes (Defoe and Lennon) who had half an hour but didn't make any impact both getting 5.09 which makes that Lennon's lowest rating of the season since his 5.11 vs Emirates Marketing Project (A). Caulker also had his worst performace of the season with 5.82 (5.95) but remains one of only 4 regulars who have yet to get a sub-5.5 (Lloris, Sandro and Dembele the others).

The high standard deviation for Kyle Walker should also be noted as he seems to have split opinion in this match between forum members. With the way the season has been going and having played the most games out of any player, avoiding a sub-5.5 is always a good thing considering a third of his games have been sub-5.5s.

TXH9g.jpg

A good job as always Zin master.

Back