• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings - Crystal Palace

IulianSteaua

Steed Malbranque
Saw no ratings thread, so I will start :

Lloris - 7 done well, good clean sheet.
Walker - 7 some missed passes but looked ok, defense should be also praised after a clean sheet.
Dawson- 7 good match.
Chiriches - 7 good match.
Rose - 6,5 still a little shaky after his return from injury. Better than in the last games but still needs time.

Bentaleb - 8 Excellent match, unlucky with the crossbar and a high pass percentage.MOTM
Dembele - 5 Weakest link, the rating is purely because we won, gives a clumsy penalty, missed passes all around.
Eriksen- 8 Great job, Eriksen is starting to be that player we need him to be. Took his goal well.
Lennon - 7 A lot of attacks came from that side of the field so he must be doing something right.

Ade - 6 Did not score, was not that dangerous up front, not a great night.
Soldado - 6 The same as Ade.

Defoe - 8 Gave us something to regret him for, came in and did well. Took his goal well.

Sherwood -8 Coming along nicely in the league. Must have said something at half time, the team was great in the 2nd half.

Ratings vs Crystal Palace

Lloris - 7 (not much to do but dealt with everything well)

Walker - 5 (An unusually poor performance from Kyle. Hope his injury isn't to bad)
Chiriches - 5.5 (Got pasted by Chamakh in the first half. Improved second half)
Dawson - 7 (Solid throughout)
Rose - 5.5 (Got forward well but his crossing was diabolical)

Lennon - 6 (Decent performance but not his best)
Benteleb - 7.5 (Our MOTM, Very good performance)
Dembele - 6.5 (Solid performance)
Eriksen - 6.5 (good goal, good second half)

Soldado - 4 (**** poor performance)
Adebayor - 6 (Shocking first half but improved a lot second half)

Subs
Defoe - 6.5 (good goal...overall performance decent)
Naughton - 6 (solid)
Chadli - not much time.

Lloris - 7

Walker - 4
Chiriches - 5
Dawson - 6
Rose - 5

Lennon - 7
Bentaleb - 8
Dembele - 7
Eriksen - 7

Soldado - 4
Adebayor - 5

4 - Soldado
5 - Chadli & Walker
6 - Lloris, Chirches, Rose, Naughton, Dembele, Lennon, Eriksen, Adebayor & Defoe
7 - Dawson
7.5 - Bentaleb

7 - Sherwood
3 - Fans*

* I am really falling out of love with WHL, our home support is (for want of a better phrase) 'rather poor'!

Walker was ****e.
Lloris all over the place.
First half our midfield was dreadful, no movement and too many touches are easy to defend against.
Soldado seemed like getting tired of not getting involved enough.
Winning on a bad day is nice though, great goal from Eriksen.
Naughton looks much more of a team player than Walker, who thinks he's much better than he is.

Sent from my HTC One using Fapatalk

Lloris - 6
Rose - 6
Walker - 6
Daws - 6
Vlad - 6
Dembele - 7
Bentaleb - 8
Lennon - 7
Eriksen - 7
Soldado - 4
Adebayor - 7

Defoe 7, Chadli 6, Naughton 7

EDIT being generous I know and overlooking a first half which was 5s all round!

Lloris - 6
Rose - 6
Walker - 4
Daws - 5
Vlad - 6
Dembele - 7
Bentaleb - 6
Lennon - 6
Eriksen - 7
Soldado - 4
Adebayor - 5

Defoe 7, Chadli 6, Naughton 7

Lloris 5
Walker 6
Dawson 6
Chiricheș 6
Rose 5
Lennon 7
Dembele 7
Bentaleb 6
Eriksen 7
Adebayor 6
Soldado 5

Naughton 6
Defoe 6
Chadli 6

all 6 - was overall a poor performance; while we won - it didn't look like so in the first half and we were lucky to score first.... could have been 2-0 down by halftime. very hard to watch.

eriksen 7 - turned the game with that goal, but was awful in possession

dembele 7 - only one to take a brutal beating and gave some back. must be divine intervention that he didn't get injured in that i game - the number of after the pass body checks and niggling tackles that went unpunished was amazing. he took a lot for the team...

pulis 8 - played rugby and ended up looking like gentlemen. jedinak was using his hands more than his feet. the rest were going for the body check on the side of the standing leg. Pulis knows how to employ subtle rugby tactics into the game to unsettle a relatively lightweight spurs team focusing on technical gameplay....but it was AWFUL FOOTBALL TO WATCH, PULIS AS USUAL.

sherwood 5 - same gameplan - 442 with crowded midfield, relatively high defensive line with pair of static strikers. aside from an additional striker and loris not sprinting out of the blocks - it looked like we control for unpredictability, however the result was the same- lots of possesion and few chances up front. like avb - stubborn in his system, not adapting to the opposition, no plan B

Last edited:
Hmmm, interesting, some bizarrely high scores here, surprised at the lack of rose bashing who I thought was just atrocious.

First half, the whole team were awful, yes the players could've put more in, but I blame Sherwood 95%. Second half obviously much better.

Lloris - 7. Solid, no clock ups, collected everything flown in
Walker - 4. Awful game from walker. He's been our best player this season.
Dawson - 6. Same old same old, but decent over all for him. Defended brilliantly in the mean. Makes mistakes when he tries to play football.
Chiriches - 6. The exact opposite of Dawson
Rose - 4. I just don't think this guy is close to good enough for us. I missed him when he was injured because of our shape, but never really rated him for us. He's defensively weak, and although his attacking intent is good, he's just awful in the final 3rd

Dembele - 7. Guy is just great, holds on well, distributes it well. There is no other player in the squad (maybe the league) who I'd be more confident not losing the ball. Awful tackle for the pen though
Bentaleb - 8. I've not been ****ing him off like a few on here, but he really was great yesterday. MOTM.
Lennon - 6. Our most under rated player, saying that it was his quietest game since his return
Eriksen - 7. Mad to think this guy is 21. Amazing talent who's only going to get better and better. Could do more though.

Ade - 6.5. AWFUL first half,but really battled hard, came deep and assisted the goal
Soldado - 6. Again I thought his general play was pretty good, a few nice layoffs and looked more dangerous than a de in the first half, and started the 2nd pretty well.

Sherwood... 4. 1 for the first half. I don't believe two works. AT ALL. Frightens me he keeps quoting Harry directly saying players when matches not formations, and he doesn't under stand the obsession with formations etc... It was one of the worst halves of football I've seen, predictably so. Second half was better after a screaming to, but our players are fantastic, his method will win us matches like this, which is amazing. But he's consistently showing us he's clueless. But very lucky.

Caution: these ratings based only on Sky one-hour highlights plus a bit of passing chalkboards and OMT threads

Loris 6 - seemed very nervy at crosses and goalmouth melees, parried one shot he should have held, redeemed by one top save at the end
Walker 5 - couple of woeful long range passes
Dawson 6 - good work plus the usual mix of wayward and accurate long-range passes
Chiriches 6 - decent
Rose 5 - too many poor crosses
Lennon 7 - busy-busy-busy, excellent assist for Defoe's goal
Dembele 6 - did his bit without producing anything special
Bentaleb 8 MotM - impressively composed in centre of midfield, couple of excellent long range shots including one that struck the inside of the post and only just stayed out
Eriksen 7 - quality on the ball and superbly taken goal, looked good in the highlights though many said he was a bit quiet
Adebayor 6 - mixed, too easily caught in possession, excellent assist for Eriksen's goal
Soldado 5 - poor once again - just what is going on with him?

Subs

Naughton 7 - tidy, extra point for that superb OTT ball to Ade for Erikesen's gaol
Defoe 7 - why oh why haven't we seen more of this Defoe so far in the PL this season? Could it be he's more relaxed now he knows he's leaving? Top strike.
Chadli n/a

Loved the ratings in the Sun. Lloris 6 - Didn't get anywhere near the penalty because he wasn't sat in row Z

Lloris - 6. Solid

Walker - 4. His worst game this season. Still been overall excellent this season though.
Dawson - 6. Relatively standard Dawson game
Chiriches - 5. Some very strange decisions by him yesterday. People should go easy on him though, he's just arrived in a new league and undergone a change of manager who wants to play a completely different style.
Rose - 4.Terrible. Was poor defensively and his crossing is atrocious. Needs to get his head up before putting balls in.

Dembele - 7. Terrible tackle for the penalty but otherwise excellent.
Bentaleb - 7. First half, some good passes but almost non0existent in a defensive sense. Improved 2nd half.
Lennon - 6. Needed to get more involved but a few good runs
Eriksen - 7. Excellent goal, should have scored another and told Walker to stop trying to take his fks when he is on the pitch. Long term if he's going to play on the left, I want to see him even more involved in general play.

Ade - 6. Terrible in the 1st half, improved 2nd.
Soldado - 4. I want to give him a rating that reflects that he was our worst player but I don't want to give him a 3. Some nice flicks etc but his first game where he just looked like he couldn't give a ****. Really needs a goal soon, for his sake as much as ours.

Lloris - 6. Solid

Walker - 4. His worst game this season. Still been overall excellent this season though.
Dawson - 6. Relatively standard Dawson game
Chiriches - 5. Some very strange decisions by him yesterday. People should go easy on him though, he's just arrived in a new league and undergone a change of manager who wants to play a completely different style.
Rose - 4.Terrible. Was poor defensively and his crossing is atrocious. Needs to get his head up before putting balls in.

Dembele - 7. Terrible tackle for the penalty but otherwise excellent.
Bentaleb - 7. First half, some good passes but almost non0existent in a defensive sense. Improved 2nd half.
Lennon - 6. Needed to get more involved but a few good runs
Eriksen - 7. Excellent goal, should have scored another and told Walker to stop trying to take his fks when he is on the pitch. Long term if he's going to play on the left, I want to see him even more involved in general play.

Ade - 6. Terrible in the 1st half, improved 2nd.
Soldado - 4. I want to give him a rating that reflects that he was our worst player but I don't want to give him a 3. Some nice flicks etc but his first game where he just looked like he couldn't give a ****. Really needs a goal soon, for his sake as much as ours.

Agree with these ratings. What was wrong with Walker today - was he injured from the start? Soldado seems to have given up trying and was very poor.

Just how is it only this game people are berating Soldado for his work rate? He's like this every week.

He ambles around, half-heartedly goes in for challenges, and just looks lost and defeated

Call me a cynic, but is it because this is the first time a commentator, on a river many were watching, was so vocal about Soldado's work-rate?

Just how is it only this game people are berating Soldado for his work rate? He's like this every week.

He ambles around, half-heartedly goes in for challenges, and just looks lost and defeated

Call me a cynic, but is it because this is the first time a commentator, on a river many were watching, was so vocal about Soldado's work-rate?

I don't know, but it could be because that's not even remotely true.

Back