• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Rating out of 10 for the window?

Rating out of 10 for the window is...

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 6 7.1%

Votes: 14 16.5%

Votes: 40 47.1%

Votes: 22 25.9%

Votes: 2 2.4%

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
So you're saying Son is our second choice striker for games Kane can't make? So, the solution is taking our BEST winger and moving him somewhere else? You see the folly in that move surely?

Alternatively your answer is to bring back a player with 2 goals in 6 games from League 1 to solve our striker shortage? If he was good enough for the PL or Champo would he not have been loaned to a club at that level already or kept?

If the youth was good enough to be playing at this level already, they'd be playing at this level already. Trent Arnold was 17 when he made his Liverpool debut. Harvey Elliott played for Fulham at 16 and now plays for Liverpool (obvs won't be for a while).

This assertion that just chucking youth will make them flourish is quite archaic. It should have been obvious from the first Pacos game you can't just lump kids into the game and expect them to be at a level to challenge.

No i'm saying you give them a chance and keep giving them chances. If after that they don't make it fine. If you don't they will just leave. Other gifted youngsters won't join our academy, because there would be no way to progress. Chelsea manage it because they give them huge wages. Even then salah, de bruyne, lukaku... if they'd have given a chance would have saved them a fortune.

The Edouard signing by Palace really fudges me off. He may turn out to be brick. But he was the exact sort of backup striker we could have gone for. Instead we have no one again.

Tonight is a perfect example. It's either Kane or Dane. Laughable.

Anyone who still uses the "no one wants to be back up to Kane" really needs to stop sticking their head in the sand.
Was a mental call not to buy him
I did flag it earlier in the window that IMO paratici may know European markets but I don’t think he was as clued up as the domestic one

The Edouard signing by Palace really fudges me off. He may turn out to be brick. But he was the exact sort of backup striker we could have gone for. Instead we have no one again.

Tonight is a perfect example. It's either Kane or Dane. Laughable.

Anyone who still uses the "no one wants to be back up to Kane" really needs to stop sticking their head in the sand.

Agreed. Daka who went to Leicester is another one who we could have gone for. Could have probably got Jovic on loan from Real Madrid too. And I'm sure there's plenty of others who an actual scout could have come up with

Agreed. Daka who went to Leicester is another one who we could have gone for. Could have probably got Jovic on loan from Real Madrid too. And I'm sure there's plenty of others who an actual scout could have come up with

Loads. If money isn't an issue and we don't want to use dane and give him experience.

There was a reason levy wanted the new manager to bring through youth. Some might disagree snd that is fine. But that is what we are going with.

Loads. If money isn't an issue and we don't want to use dane and give him experience.

There was a reason levy wanted the new manager to bring through youth. Some might disagree snd that is fine. But that is what we are going with.

No problem bringing through youth but you don't go into 4 competitions with one senior striker. Youth is there to support, what we're saying is if Kane can't play, your next choice is a 17 year old.

No problem bringing through youth but you don't go into 4 competitions with one senior striker. Youth is there to support, what we're saying is if Kane can't play, your next choice is a 17 year old.

You still don't get it. You think there is 4 competitions to care about. Levy doesn't.

You say that. See the team selection for tonight ? Should be kids and concentrate on Sunday. Kane’s playing and will no doubt be leggy Sunday. Diamond is spot on.

Yes kane is playing. He won't finish the game. Out of them the only one i'd be worried of fatigue is skipp.

Ok i might have been ott saying that levy doesn't care about the other competitions.

But our priorities are the league and getting in cl.

We can't match the spending of city, utd or chelsea.

So we have to get young players with potential.

To get that, we have to play young players with potential.

From our academy and bought.

No i'm saying you give them a chance and keep giving them chances. If after that they don't make it fine. If you don't they will just leave. Other gifted youngsters won't join our academy, because there would be no way to progress. Chelsea manage it because they give them huge wages. Even then salah, de bruyne, lukaku... if they'd have given a chance would have saved them a fortune.

We are quite good at giving younger player chances, there is a middle ground between a 17 year old being our main back up to rotating him and someone more senior.

We are quite good at giving younger player chances, there is a middle ground between a 17 year old being our main back up to rotating him and someone more senior.

Son is our backup.

There was a pandemic where the club lost £200m in revenue. We had to borrow £250m.

What’s Son up to at the moment?

so we have 2 strikers and 1 isn’t really a striker

We are expecting son and/or Kane to be involved in all games this season?

I see lessons haven’t be learnt.

we also brought a 4th RB for 25 million

1 isn't really a striker? The guy will score more playing up front than most strikers in the prem.

We have 2 rbs and a cb/rb in tanganga.

Nobody is saying it's ideal. We'd all love the funds of city, but we don't have them. We do have 2 excellent choices to play up front and a youngster who could be the next big thing.

1 isn't really a striker? The guy will score more playing up front than most strikers in the prem.

Nobody is saying it's ideal. We'd all love the funds of city, but we don't have them. We do have 2 excellent choices to play up front and a youngster who could be the next big thing.

He will also not have the hold up play of a striker and goes through massive periods of not scoring.

So who is going to replace Bales/Vinnies goals?

When we signed Emerson we have Tang playing there well, Doherty and Serge.

We don’t have the funds of city, even more of a reason not to sign a player in a position we are OK in over an area we are not.

He may well be but he is simply not yet ready - as yesterday evening clearly showed. It is also dreadfully unfair to put all the pressure and expectations on his young shoulders.

And I don't believe it is funds issue... we were ready to pay 35 mill for Traore. No team (except for Emirates Marketing Project) aiming for a top league position can be happy with just one dedicated centre forward - no matter how good he may be.

Back