• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Rating out of 10 for the window?

Rating out of 10 for the window is...

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 6 7.1%

Votes: 14 16.5%

Votes: 40 47.1%

Votes: 22 25.9%

Votes: 2 2.4%

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters

AdamB

Garth Crooks
I'll give it 8/10

Covered some priorities: reserve GK, RB, CB
Couple players I didnt expect but with lots of potential: Gil, Sarr
Bunch of older players shipped out

2 marks deducted from the max 10/10 for the essential back-up CF who I really feel is needed, however hard it is to find someone appropriate

[Creative CM and another CB would have been an bonus in my mind rather than needed to hit 10/10]

Spurs Twitter foaming at how bad the window is…I think it’s been bloody good. And I think it is going under appreciated that we under performed last year, so merely by getting back to some competent level fairly reflecting our squad’s ability, we will improve.

We also have a really good squad. Lots of depth. Good options everywhere. I feel like the new stadium era of Spurs that folks like @billyiddo were talking about in the summer should be like this. We casually drop 30m on a young, exciting, skilled full back. Just like we did last summer.

We’ve massively reduced the average age, we signed a Spain international, a top centre back, we kept Kane, we shifted loads off the wage bill, and I am looking forward to seeing how players like Skipp, Sessegnon and Scarlett do as part of this squad. If Dier and Sanchez keep performing like new signings, I think we can be happy.

A solid 8/10
Got rid of a lot of crap and got some massively bright talented youngsters in
Shame we didn't get the Eriksen type player we're desperately crying out for though

I think it was a 6 to 7 window.

We trimmed some fat and signed some young players with potential for the squad - a little bit light on direct improvements for the first XI and the Romero transfers impact is lessened as he's essentially replacing our best/most experienced CB rather than coming in to compliment him.

Nuno now has the opportunity to see what he can get out of Sanchez Dier Dele Ndombele GLC Moura Bergwijn over the coming season before deciding where he needs to improve in those areas of the pitch next summer in the transfer market - i guess when you think about it with those players in the squad it was always unlikely we'd see many signings in those positions.

7/10. Did fairly well. Nothing spectacular. Reduced the age of the squad.

We won't know how the new players do till the end of the season though. Even then they are all young so it might be years.

6.5/10

Did fairly well with the outgoings and bought some promising youngsters but haven't significantly improved the first 11.

A creative CM and a back up Striker are essential in my eyes.... 2 hours to get it done!

6.5/10

Did fairly well with the outgoings and bought some promising youngsters but haven't significantly improved the first 11.

A creative CM and a back up Striker are essential in my eyes.... 2 hours to get it done!

the striker/forward thing is a major black mark and a bit of a disgrace

7 or 8 out of 10. Shifted a lot of brick, covered some problem areas and bought well. We also look like we have a cohesive transfer strategy that will pay off over the medium to long term.

We are still a bit short at CB, need Ndombele to step up and the lack of backup striker is a worry but it’s impossible to do everything at once.

I’m fairly happy with it.

the striker/forward thing is a major black mark and a bit of a disgrace

Is it? We're probably only going to play with one striker up top. That's kane. Scarlett for conference league. Son backup. Was spending £70m on a backup striker ever on the cards if kane stayed? I doubt it.

People are confusing "how good was the window" with "how good is our squad".

You can't solve the whole squad in one window!

Paratici has done LOADS of good things and gives me promise we are going in the right direction and will continue to improve during the next few windows.

NB - I don't want us to sign "meh" players because we already have loads of those averagely decent players that are fine... so we need to bide our team and make the right moves when available, we can't just click our fingers. We have a budget.

Is it? We're probably only going to play with one striker up top. That's kane. Scarlett for conference league. Son backup. Was spending £70m on a backup striker ever on the cards if kane stayed? I doubt it.

We have always have had a problem getting a second striker to fill in when Kane gets injured. Just look as the ones we brought in and let go since he has been our main man. NO striker who is a good one is going to come here and get splinters in his arse sitting on the bench. I am amazed that some fans can not see that.

Why would you spend 70 million on a back up striker?

Ings was £25 million.

We have always have had a problem getting a second striker to fill in when Kane gets injured. Just look as the ones we brought in and let go since he has been our main man. NO striker who is a good one is going to come here and get splinters in his arse sitting on the bench. I am amazed that some fans can not see that.

I’m amazed that some fans can’t see it’s killed us in the past.

8 out of 10 mainly for the high earners we no longer needed and managed to sell - Alderweireld, Sissoko, Lamela, Bale, plus Foyth, Hart, etc. Sizeable chunk of the rebuild taken care of right there. Very decent incomings in Romero and Gil, and an interesting prospect for the future in Pape Sarr. A shame that we did not manage to get rid of Aurier and NDombele. Not sure about Emerson.

Back