• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Rage, tears and disbelief filled rant thread

Didn't know whether to post here or in the OMT (I bet that's a hoot to read through)

Just got back in, and the bonus of it being a 200mile drive is that by the time we get home the anger/frustration vented at the match has diminshed (but not gone entirely)

Tbh in the end it was hardly a shock. the first seeds of doubt crept in around 2.05pm as we drove past Lee Valley and heard the team news.

No Kane, No Eriksen, No Chadli = no goals, throw in the fact that meant we were playing 3 players (Capoue,Paulinho and Chiriches) who f#ckin break my heart knowing they are out there in a Spurs shirt.
The warning signs were there early on, I am not blaming Vorm for the defeat because without him we could have been 2-0 down before we got the penalty.
Without the benefit of a replay I felt we got lucky to be not down to 10 men and 1-1 at half-time too, so at the break I was feeling more nervous.

Then, the icing on the cake with 15 mins to go, the bloke sat behind us says he is quite surprised, as he has never since Spurs win a game at WHL. From that moment the writing was on the wall.

The cherry on top was hearing City and Chel53a had lost, because it didn't make me feel better, that made it worse, knowing it would have been two big obstacles out of the way in our quest to win the FA Cup again.

We had better progress on Weds night after making 9 changes today, that's all I can say

BAN!

I was there as well. Thought I'd try somewhere different and sat in Block 13 West Lower beside the journos. Never again, lesson learned. I didn't have a great view of Vorm's mistake as I was quite low down and there were a few players in my line of sight, but saw it when I went into the member's lounge (! lol) afterwards. Dear me.

I definitely feared the worst when Kramaric went down, looked to be a nailed on pen and red card. I glanced at Pearson who staring in disbelief. Cambiasso was warming up at the time and had bit of banter with our fans as a result.

I'm going to the NLD as well, but might ban myself! My record this season is awful - West Brom home, City away, Saudi Sportswashing Machine home, Crystal Place home. Only seen us beat QPR and Asteras.

Still onwards and upwards! COYS!

Can only assume you're one of these modern day fans who thinks top 4 is be all and end all. Really quite ashamed the amount of spurs fans saying they couldn't care less about the cup.

I cared enough to go up and support the team. If that isn't old school enough for you I was wearing a hat all the while.

Your strawman bull**** is tiresome. I reiterate we are in two other cups and add the fa cup is special but loses its magic when the local non league teams are eliminated.

Every game is an end and occasion in itself but we have to manage our resources properly to compete in all of them over a season.

Look forward not back.

Can only assume you're one of these modern day fans who thinks top 4 is be all and end all. Really quite ashamed the amount of spurs fans saying they couldn't care less about the cup.

Well said =D>, I travel home and away and have done for years and I have never wanted my team to lose, call themselves Spurs supporters they should be ashamed to wear the colours.

ive seen people say they didn't want a replay given our fixture congestion, not that they didn't want us to win - can you honestly not see the sense in that, even if you don't agree with it?

ive seen people say they didn't want a replay given our fixture congestion, not that they didn't want us to win - can you honestly not see the sense in that, even if you don't agree with it?

Well I guess we move in different circles as I have heard and read it, no I never want my team to lose and never have in the 50 years I have been supporting them and I will never understand those (so called) supporters who have/do say it.

Well I guess we move in different circles as I have heard and read it, no I never want my team to lose and never have in the 50 years I have been supporting them and I will never understand those (so called) supporters who have/do say it.

perhaps you should frequent circles with a better standard of Spurs supporter then because i certainly never saw anyone at the game yesterday or in the pub after willing us to lose when Leicester equalized ;)

No.

Sorry Billy but our squad should be able to deal with it. I'm gutted we lost but would've preferred to go through. Had we of done our players would've dealt with it. Still so gutted we lost.

Well said =D>, I travel home and away and have done for years and I have never wanted my team to lose, call themselves Spurs supporters they should be ashamed to wear the colours.

I didnt want your team to lose.

Your team were flat yesterday, some of your players made some basic mistakes at your own ground.

Lets hope the next time your club puts out your team in your colours at your ground the other lower ranking supporters get behind your team better and get you the result you want.

No.

Sorry Billy but our squad should be able to deal with it. I'm gutted we lost but would've preferred to go through. Had we of done our players would've dealt with it. Still so gutted we lost.

i would have much preferred to go through, no doubt about it but i can also understand why people wouldn't have wanted more games added to what is already shaping up to be a long season. taking a silver lining from a dark cloud does not make someone a bad supporter

I think it is one thing to be relieved we lost and another to have the disappointment mitigated by a potential positive side.

However, yesterday there was a sense of a lost opportunity. With 15/20 minutes to go we were winning and City and Chelsea were losing. Our chances of winning the cup increase substantially when two of the best are out. If the Leicester get a favourable draw and other contenders are drawn together next round the sense of loss will be worse.

perhaps you should frequent circles with a better standard of Spurs supporter then because i certainly never saw anyone at the game yesterday or in the pub after willing us to lose when Leicester equalized ;)

I am quite happy with the crowd I travel with as we all spend a lot of money to see our team win games, but when I hear and read supporters saying they do not want a reply and not caring that much about losing then I despair, and yes there were some who in the pubs after the game who said it.

I didnt want your team to lose.

Your team were flat yesterday, some of your players made some basic mistakes at your own ground.

Lets hope the next time your club puts out your team in your colours at your ground the other lower ranking supporters get behind your team better and get you the result you want.

And your point is?

BAN!

I was there as well. Thought I'd try somewhere different and sat in Block 13 West Lower beside the journos. Never again, lesson learned. I didn't have a great view of Vorm's mistake as I was quite low down and there were a few players in my line of sight, but saw it when I went into the member's lounge (! lol) afterwards. Dear me.

I definitely feared the worst when Kramaric went down, looked to be a nailed on pen and red card. I glanced at Pearson who staring in disbelief. Cambiasso was warming up at the time and had bit of banter with our fans as a result.

I'm going to the NLD as well, but might ban myself! My record this season is awful - West Brom home, City away, Saudi Sportswashing Machine home, Crystal Place home. Only seen us beat QPR and Asteras.

Still onwards and upwards! COYS!

It's okay I've got this :eek:k: My NLD record at WHL is 3 wins from 3 matches all 2-1 and I don't intend to see it relinquished in 2 weeks time. The lucky replica shirt/jeans/socks will be donned including stopping at the lucky services and making sure we have a Burger King...not that we are the least bit superstitious!

Who said they didn't want us to win? :rio:

It's the indifference.

I get that Spurs supporters all have their own priorities towards certain tournaments and at this moment of the season due to how things have panned out, the FA Cup is perhaps the least important to the other three fronts we're fighting on.

Personally , I'm gutted the players chosen to do the job yesterday, couldn't reproduce a four goal win just as they did in the previous round against Burnley. I feel disappointment that Capoue couldn't score us another piledriver, or we didn't get to see Paulihno score another goal, maybe Solly and Lamela add a couple more too.

If they had showed that they could get the job done, would it not make the likelihood of Spurs succeeding on the other fronts, more likely? I happen to think it would. The fringe players finding form can only enhance our chances in the other competitions so I just don't get this idea or agree, that it's one less tournament to worry about so we will be stronger in the one's that we're still in .

The draw for the 5th round is Monday evening and as far as I'm concerned it will now be a sad occasion for me .

i would have much preferred to go through, no doubt about it but i can also understand why people wouldn't have wanted more games added to what is already shaping up to be a long season. taking a silver lining from a dark cloud does not make someone a bad supporter

I doubt Poch would've wanted us to go out in order to free up a couple of mid weeks and weekends though and he knows the squads capabilities.

Back