• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Rage, tears and disbelief filled rant thread

Having Azza would have helped in this game imo. Shame we didn't blood some youngsters but I tbh - it was still a strong team.

Having not watched the game, I can on;y imagine our CB pairing was never going to work?

Yes, we've played a lot of games. I understand why he put the team out he did, I applaud him for it, and I don't have a problem with it. Why? Because that team should have been able to win that game regardless. There are mitigating circumstances in any defeat, but given a choice prior to the game I think most any manager would have taken our starting eleven of '2nd stringers' today over Leicester's.

With the squad we have at this club and the cost to assemble (Soldado and Lamela alone close to 60 mil) we should in my mind with the right coaching still have enough about us to beat a Leceister City side that is bottom at home today. Not saying it should have been easy. I'm sure they, as with many others teams it seems, made it 'difficult' for us. But not only didn't we win, we couldn't even score from open play (again). We got a gift (again) from a defender who slid in. (And then I got a chuckle at some of the whining because Townsend took the PK :)).

Also believe that most, if not all, our previous managers would have received criticism after such a result today. We were leading in the game and seems to me we should have been able to engineer a win from that position and do whatever it was that we needed to do. We should have found a way and employed whatever system or formation necessary with the players available.

That said, Vorm has to make that save at the end, and Fazio (to me) looked very static as the cross came in. Otherwise, unfortuantely, we'd still be in the hat.;)

Last edited:
Since winning the FA Cup our record in the competition has been:

92; R3 (Villa - replay)
93; SF (Scum)
94: R4 (Ipswich)
95; SF (Everton)
96; R5 (Nott'm For - replay)
97; R3 (Man Utd)
98; R4 (Barnsley)
99; SF (Saudi Sportswashing Machine)
00; R3 (Saudi Sportswashing Machine - replay)
01; SF (Scum)
02; QF (Chelsea)
03; R3 (Southampton)
04; R4 (Emirates Marketing Project - replay)
05; QF (Saudi Sportswashing Machine)
06: R3 (Leicester)
07; QF (Chelsea - replay)
08: R4 (Man Utd)
09: R4 (Man Utd)
10: SF (Portsmouth)
11: R4 (Fulham)
12: SF (Chelsea)
13: R4 (Leeds)
14: R3 (Scum)
15: R4 (Leicester)

So yes, our poorest performance in the competition over a 3-year spread in a quarter century (we lost in R4, R3 R3 between 1988 - 1990 before winning it the next season so hopefully a omen?!)

What makes today even worse is the City and Chelsea results coupled with Southampton and Swansea going out and how poor Man U and Liverpool have been; it meant that if we had progressed there was no-one to fear but that also Scum are basically won it already.

Not many of you actually pay money and actually go to games do you? Absolutely gutted we are out the cup.

I went today and the only thing that really bothered me was the reception Ade got.

A defeat was better than a draw. We have two cups to play for ffs.

Win the FA Cup qualify for the Europa League

Win the Capital One Cup qualify for the Europa League

Now which one has the lesser number of games still to play to get to Wembley?

Didn't know whether to post here or in the OMT (I bet that's a hoot to read through)

Just got back in, and the bonus of it being a 200mile drive is that by the time we get home the anger/frustration vented at the match has diminshed (but not gone entirely)

Tbh in the end it was hardly a shock. the first seeds of doubt crept in around 2.05pm as we drove past Lee Valley and heard the team news.

No Kane, No Eriksen, No Chadli = no goals, throw in the fact that meant we were playing 3 players (Capoue,Paulinho and Chiriches) who f#ckin break my heart knowing they are out there in a Spurs shirt.
The warning signs were there early on, I am not blaming Vorm for the defeat because without him we could have been 2-0 down before we got the penalty.
Without the benefit of a replay I felt we got lucky to be not down to 10 men and 1-1 at half-time too, so at the break I was feeling more nervous.

Then, the icing on the cake with 15 mins to go, the bloke sat behind us says he is quite surprised, as he has never since Spurs win a game at WHL. From that moment the writing was on the wall.

The cherry on top was hearing City and Chelsea had lost, because it didn't make me feel better, that made it worse, knowing it would have been two big obstacles out of the way in our quest to win the FA Cup again.

We had better progress on Weds night after making 9 changes today, that's all I can say

I went today and the only thing that really bothered me was the reception Ade got.

Please explain how losing a game and being out of a cup is better than drawing having a replay and possibly going through and possibly winning a trophy? Deary deary me.

Those highlights confirm that Fazio and Kaboul cannot play together Fazio is too pedestrian at times and Kaboul, well he's just awful. Honestly I have never really rated the guy but he was once seen as our defensive saviour. Please just let him go to besiktas.

You mean when Kaboul was playing alongside King? Funny how he made everyone and anyone look better than they actually are.

I don't agree with the second part of your statement but 100% agree with the first. The stupid ****s who booed ade as he came on should fu ck off and support another club. I'm not his biggest fan but booing him as he comes on, what is that supposed to achieve? ****ing bell ends!!!

Talked about the match in the ratings thread but, if the FA wants to make the cup valued by the biggest teams, the winner should go into the champions league. Its the best way I can think of doing so. Plus, it adds that extra bit of glory to being in europe when you've won something to get in there.

Those highlights confirm that Fazio and Kaboul cannot play together Fazio is too pedestrian at times and Kaboul, well he's just awful. Honestly I have never really rated the guy but he was once seen as our defensive saviour. Please just let him go to besiktas.

Younes has gone. It's terrible to watch, but he really has just lost whatever he ever had. Nothing there. Form cannot afford to fumble stuff like that either, yes, he made some great saves but means nowt if you fumble easier stuff like that, especially when you're the back-up. Hopefully DL understands the deal when he sees that some of our squad aren't up to the task.

On another note, nice to see a few people in various threads on the forum accusing those of us who aren't trying to slash our wrists of being, essentially, passion-less part-time supporters. Sigh.

Younes has gone. It's terrible to watch, but he really has just lost whatever he ever had. Nothing there. Form cannot afford to fumble stuff like that either, yes, he made some great saves but means nowt if you fumble easier stuff like that, especially when you're the back-up. Hopefully DL understands the deal when he sees that some of our squad aren't up to the task.

On another note, nice to see a few people in various threads on the forum accusing those of us who aren't trying to slash our wrists of being, essentially, passion-less part-time supporters. Sigh.

I think we all underestimated just how much Ledley's influence helped him in the 2011/2012 season.

I think we all underestimated just how much Ledley's influence helped him in the 2011/2012 season.

You mean the season where king played 20 games and he faded horribly for the last 5-10 or so to the point where people agreed that he finally looked shot?

Ledley was one of our greatest but kaboul was an excellent defender for Portsmouth and for 2.5 seasons with us.

His best season was the 2010/2011 where he partnered dawson, king and gAllas and 2011/2012 before he got injured. His reading of the game has always been up and down but during that period his concentration, positioning, aggression, strength and pace was top class,

Your right he's finished but I hate these fans who rubbish him completely because his last year has been poor. He suffered two horrendous injuries as he was coming into his peak and there were more than a muttering at spurs that he may never play again. It seems to fit the current narrative to only judge him on his first season as a 19 year old and this last year to support the argument.

Same goes for Dawson who lots of people also completely rubbish and say 'never good enough but a true spurs man' True his last year or so was pony but he also suffered two horrific knee injuries that basically ruined any pace and recovery he had and stopped his ability at making last ditch blocks.

Sad end for both players but football is so short termist in that people forget that both of these players were blossoming into very very good PL centre halves before they got cut down.

I lost 18months through a cruciate and a top sports physio said that if your lucky you can only lose 10% of your previous power and strength. Seeing as both players relied more on physicality as opposed to brain power I can only imagine how debilitating those injuries were at that level to their ability and also confidence.

Kaboul has acted a bit of a prat over the past month but give respect when it is due. Same goes for dawson. Both of them at their peak would walk into our back line.

Also strange logic for those who think it's positive that we are out.

Presuming that we make the league cup final (tough second leg) we will either face a liverpool side who have slapped us for a ridiculous number of goals over the past 18 months or a chelsea side who on their day will be too good for us. Yes it's one off match and I would believe we could do it but it will still be a huge ask to win it.

If we had won and got a decent draw next round youd like to think we would have a good chance judging by who has gone out. I am pretty gutted as its a massive oportunity missed.

Also we have close to zero chance to finishing 4th as we simply aren't good enough and don't have any depth.

The Europa has some serious teams in it and we will more than likely get outclassed in the later stages by a CL team - that's if we have enough to get past a pretty decent forientina side

You mean the season where king played 20 games and he faded horribly for the last 5-10 or so to the point where people agreed that he finally looked shot?

Ledley was one of our greatest but kaboul was an excellent defender for Portsmouth and for 2.5 seasons with us.

His best season was the 2010/2011 where he partnered dawson, king and gAllas and 2011/2012 before he got injured. His reading of the game has always been up and down but during that period his concentration, positioning, aggression, strength and pace was top class,

Your right he's finished but I hate these fans who rubbish him completely because his last year has been poor. He suffered two horrendous injuries as he was coming into his peak and there were more than a muttering at spurs that he may never play again. It seems to fit the current narrative to only judge him on his first season as a 19 year old and this last year to support the argument.

Same goes for Dawson who lots of people also completely rubbish and say 'never good enough but a true spurs man' True his last year or so was pony but he also suffered two horrific knee injuries that basically ruined any pace and recovery he had and stopped his ability at making last ditch blocks.

Sad end for both players but football is so short termist in that people forget that both of these players were blossoming into very very good PL centre halves before they got cut down.

I lost 18months through a cruciate and a top sports physio said that if your lucky you can only lose 10% of your previous power and strength. Seeing as both players relied more on physicality as opposed to brain power I can only imagine how debilitating those injuries were at that level to their ability and also confidence.

Kaboul has acted a bit of a prat over the past month but give respect when it is due. Same goes for dawson. Both of them at their peak would walk into our back line.

Very fair comments

Can only assume you're one of these modern day fans who thinks top 4 is be all and end all. Really quite ashamed the amount of spurs fans saying they couldn't care less about the cup.

Back