• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Racism in football

Saw an article online earlier that made reference to Rudiger suffering racist abuse against us earlier this season. As was suggested on here at the time, it appears mud sticks regardless of evidence (or lack therefof).

Do you reckon he's got the same media adviser as Rose?

In seriousness, horrible scenes though. I don't really get how you could think trying physically stop your teammate leaving the pitch is a good idea, but then I also don't get why you'd want to racially abuse someone, from the stands or anywhere really.

If that quote is genuine, fair fudging play. Refs at this stage at the very least should be making players feel protected and to show they are willing to take action.

I think his colleagues were trying to show a "don't let them win" approach. Maybe misplaced but its a situation non of us have been in to judge

It looks worse because his black teammates are trying to console or calm him, while the white ones are physically trying to stop him leaving.

Saw an article online earlier that made reference to Rudiger suffering racist abuse against us earlier this season. As was suggested on here at the time, it appears mud sticks regardless of evidence (or lack therefof).
Can you post the article, the Club are likely to want to take action.

Can you post the article, the Club are likely to want to take action.

It was something I skimmed over when scanning the news online that morning. I couldn't even tell you who wrote it. I did have a quick look for it again after seeing your post but wasn't able to locate it.

World certainly has changed since I was young, when I was protesting against apartheid, nuclear weapons and war in Vietnam it was ok for police to kick fudge out of us, now protesters are saints instead long haired layabouts.

Last edited:
Seems there must be a shorter way to say counter black lives matter demonstrators, I think I could do it with one word.

Football has to sort out is standards in racism and I’ve said it for years on this thread. People talk on other threads about racism being a huge issue in society but we have a sport that doesn’t set a standard as far as I’m concerned.

We seem to (and I include people on this forum) turn a blind eye or at least accept things in football they would rightly call for action in normal life.

Football in some respects gets what it deserves when it allows proven racists and criminals to prosper and people accept it because of the thirst for glory. The actions taken by having panels and badges on shirts is nothing more than just show to tick a box.

Football doesn’t want to chuck out racism if players filmed being racist are award 200k contracts afterwards and are held as heroes.

Football doesn’t care about oppression when it is bribed into awarding the Crown Jewels of the sport to oppressive regimes.

Back