• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Quitting Cigarettes

Cold turkey, now up to 45 days off them. Worst part of the whole thing are the dreams I'm having. Really bizarre and always end with me having a smoke.

Last edited:
I have been smoke free for 24 days now... three days on patches then just willpower. You have really got to want to give up to do it because I don't think you ever stop wanting a cigarette. I just hope I can crack it this time!
Well, I was going to post that one positive from lockdown was that it has finally helped me to quite cigarettes.... which I clearly didn't do in 2014! Hopefully this time I will last as a reformed ex-smoker.... nothing since March21st for me as I have been stuck at home and never smoked in front of the kids so simply had to stop!

I love cigarettes, if this lock down has done anything it has reaffirmed my love for them. If I am going out I am going out on my terms

I quit a while ago (it's more the green stuff I've been strongly missing recently) but I have strong admiration for people for are doing it who enjoy it unashamedly. Nothing worse than whiny smokers talking about how they really want to quit, if you're gonna do it may as well enjoy it!

I love cigarettes, if this lock down has done anything it has reaffirmed my love for them. If I am going out I am going out on my terms

I watched my uncle smoke his last cigarette. He died of lung cancer... You won't be going out on your terms, trust me.

That doesn't surprise me - I can't imagine myself ever not wanting a cigarette.

I've been given up for about 13.5 years now (40+ a day for 10 years prior to that). I felt the way you describe for a long time. Several years after quitting, I'd still get the occasional craving. After a nice meal out I think was the one that lasted the longest.

But honestly, at this point, I can't remember the last time I actually wanted a cigarette. It's been years.

Last edited:
So I am still going strong, I have started using an old Vape stick I had and some blueberry juice.

I am keen to continue vaping hear and there but want a decent device and some decent liquid. Any recommendations GGers?

So I am still going strong, I have started using an old Vape stick I had and some blueberry juice.

I am keen to continue vaping hear and there but want a decent device and some decent liquid. Any recommendations GGers?
My advice is; avoid vaping if you hate throat cancer.

Back