• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pushing up the daisies - 2021 edition

1986: "If you stay here much longer you'll all be slitty-eyed." To a group of British students during a royal visit to China.

1995: "How do you keep the natives off the booze long enough to pass the test." To a Scottish driving instructor.

1999: "Deaf? If you are near there, no wonder you are deaf." Speaking to a group of young deaf people in Cardiff who were standing near a steel band.

1999: "It looks as if it was put in by an Indian." Referring to an old-fashioned fuse box in a factory near Edinburgh.

2002: "You look like a suicide bomber." To a young policewoman wearing a bullet-proof vest on Stornoway, Isle of Lewis.

2013: "The Philippines must be half empty as you're all here running the NHS." On meeting a Filipino nurse at Luton and Dunstable Hospital.

Media blackout applied for a few days.

I hope the BBC can afford Nicholas Witchell’s overtime.

I've no time for royalty or their hangers on but I do think like us all he deserves a degree of respect on his death. I find it amusing that the same people who make apologies for the attitudes and action of people due to their environment and upbringing are ready to be critical of him. This is what you get when you allow a group to go unchecked and answerable to anybody.

Last edited:
Respect is deserved but I do think it's odd that he is given a 2 minute silence as opposed to the customary 1. Its as if to say his life was more important than others, or deserves more reflection than a non royal. Will we give the queen a 5 minute silence when she passes on?

Sad to hear re DMX, as someone who hasn't delved in to his music too much, which is his best album?

Back