• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

PS3 or Xbox 360 on 2 TVs

COYS

Allan Nielsen
I think I'm really pushing it here, but I wanna know if it's possible to be able to watch and use my PS3 or X360 on 2 TVs at the same time whilst ensuring I keep full HD quality.

If you guys have got good methods, please keep it affordable as if it's too expensive it may just end up better value getting a new console!

My advice:

- Xbox (Living room)
- PS3 (Bedroom)

It will be prohibitively expensive getting this set-up

You might as well buy another console

My advice:

- Xbox (Living room)
- PS3 (Bedroom)

It will be prohibitively expensive getting this set-up

You might as well buy another console

Just as I thought :(

I just thought it'd be nice to watch Blu-Rays in both rooms without having to buy a whole new Blu-Ray player or lift the PS3 up and downstairs whenever I wanna change rooms.

Oh well, not the end of the world.

Sorry about bumping this thread, but I wanna know this now (might be more realistic)...

Instead of shelling out another £10 a month on Sky Multiroom, would it be possible if I distribute the HD signals (not SD, I know this is possible anyway) from my Sky HD box to my bedroom, or is that also ridiculously expensive? Having wires all over my house isn't ideal so the wires would ave to be nice and easy to stick to the skirting boards and attract no attention.

I'll suggest the same as Arcy. I don't know if it exists a wireless option, but an HDMI splitter would be your best bet, I think. I would rather spend the bucks on Sky Multiroom (though I don't really know what it is), since the splitter (I think) won't allow you to change channels in your room. Unless the Sky box and your remote uses wi-fi signals.

I'll suggest the same as Arcy. I don't know if it exists a wireless option, but an HDMI splitter would be your best bet, I think. I would rather spend the bucks on Sky Multiroom (though I don't really know what it is), since the splitter (I think) won't allow you to change channels in your room. Unless the Sky box and your remote uses wi-fi signals.

I know if you use the standard Sky distribution kit which I currently have, you can connect a 'magic eye' so you can use the remote, but I think that only works with the Sky distribution kit which does not transmit HD signals :(

Sky multiroom is £10.25 a month extra, and they give you a free extra Sky HD box (though it can't do any of the Sky+ features - pause, rewind and record)

I know if you use the standard Sky distribution kit which I currently have, you can connect a 'magic eye' so you can use the remote, but I think that only works with the Sky distribution kit which does not transmit HD signals :(

Sky multiroom is £10.25 a month extra, and they give you a free extra Sky HD box (though it can't do any of the Sky+ features - pause, rewind and record)

I have installed a similar system by using an hdmi distribution amp to send the picture and the rf distribution system (magic eye) which is built in to the sky box to allow remote control of the box from another room. However you end up having to run 2 cables to the second room. Its just a really cheap way of doing it and it means you cant watch two different things in the two rooms at the same time. Just get the multiroom or get a free sat box and run a new cable from your dish.

I have installed a similar system by using an hdmi distribution amp to send the picture and the rf distribution system (magic eye) which is built in to the sky box to allow remote control of the box from another room. However you end up having to run 2 cables to the second room. Its just a really cheap way of doing it and it means you cant watch two different things in the two rooms at the same time. Just get the multiroom or get a free sat box and run a new cable from your dish.

Another option is HDMI over Ethernet. I'm sure I've seen models that will transmit remote signals too.

Should cost about £20 but you're limited to about 30m without boosting the signal.

re sky signal - my parents have a gizmo which plugs in to your sky box and transmits a signal to another gizmo which you plug in to another tv somewhere. you can use a sky remote on the second tv but obviously can only watch one thing over the two tv's

forget what it's called but they got it from Comet or somewhere like that i think

Another option is HDMI over Ethernet. I'm sure I've seen models that will transmit remote signals too.

Should cost about £20 but you're limited to about 30m without boosting the signal.

This sounds interesting... So this means when I wanna watch Sky in HD in my bedroom I just have to run a wire across my house, plug it in to my bedroom TV and when a TV man comes round he can fix it to the skirting boards?

You still need the infra red system alongside it to change channels and will need cat6 if you want anything over 720p resolution

Back