• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Protecting a Logo

Grays_1890

Colin Calderwood
Quick one

My local football club was sponsored by a small company which is long dissolved. I have a copy of the company logo and I am helping the club use it to produce some historic club merchandise etc.

Is there a way to protect the logo as an asset or to stop it being used to spoil the original idea?

Could you for example register the company name as a social enterprise if all money is going to a local cause?

Quick one

My local football club was sponsored by a small company which is long dissolved. I have a copy of the company logo and I am helping the club use it to produce some historic club merchandise etc.

Is there a way to protect the logo as an asset or to stop it being used to spoil the original idea?

Could you for example register the company name as a social enterprise if all money is going to a local cause?

You'd possibly need to register the logo as a trademark to prevent it being used elsewhere. But as it's the logo of a former company, it might already be trademarked? I have no idea what happens to a registered trademark if the company to which it belongs no longer exists, but the original owner of the company for example might still have rights over its marks. Definitely worth checking (apologies if you already have) before too much work is done/money spent.
You can check here https://www.gov.uk/search-for-trademark

Hope it works out - sounds like an interesting project.

Back