• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Preseason 2018

I mean I really like Foyth but I would not like to start the season in the starting 11 in the league, I simply do not think he is ready for that. As for Sissoko and Llorente I simply do not think either are good enough and if we have serious aspirations they should be replaced.

I can understand you may not have seen enough of Foyth to think he's ready, but dozens, hundreds maybe thousands all thought Edwards should be getting games last season, as outsiders we don't know what the manager sees in players and only playing will tell.

I can understand you may not have seen enough of Foyth to think he's ready, but dozens, hundreds maybe thousands all thought Edwards should be getting games last season, as outsiders we don't know what the manager sees in players and only playing will tell.

But even with regards to Edwards nobody was suggesting he start league matches for us.

I wonder what Poch saw in Sissoko that made him think he was the right person for us?

I dont think Edwards has the mindset to succeed anywhere. If he does not track back he will not get a job anywhere.

It been pretty obvious that his attitude has been wrong, i tried say this during his time at Norwich but some would not believe what i was passing on from those who were working with him.

The only one who can help him is himself and its seems at this time he can not/will not except that.

It been pretty obvious that his attitude has been wrong, i tried say this during his time at Norwich but some would not believe what i was passing on from those who were working with him.

The only one who can help him is himself and its seems at this time he can not/will not except that.

Yep aside from the fact he will not have career as a footballer which is sad. But he is going to earn a fcuk load less in whatever he ends up doing.

But even with regards to Edwards nobody was suggesting he start league matches for us.

I wonder what Poch saw in Sissoko that made him think he was the right person for us?

I think you should look back in his thread, he was the new messiah to many, probably because they had never seen him play, too many people hold strong views on players they have never seen in the flesh. Poch saw something in Foyth and that's more important than others opinions at this present time, it's always a gamble with young players, the best at 16 often fail to make it and defenders rarely shine until they have a full season playing against men.

ICYMI, just noticed that our game against Roma is on being shown on Premier Sports in U.K.

http://www.premiersports.com/football/international-champions-cup/

Nice 2nd half performance from Pulisic to turn the game around against Dippers.

Watched the 2nd half and he was very good. I would love us to buy him with the bonus he is very talented and will appeal to the the US market Levy is after. £65m bid would give them a decision to make :)

Ok, with Foyth also out injured our options in the squad suddenly become ermmm

-------------Vorm
Aurier--Sanchez--Davies--Kyle
-------Wanyama--Winks
---Moura--Erikssen--Lamela
------------- Son

Highly possible Dier could be back in contention as a CB instead of Davies as he didn't play as much throughout the WC

Bench: Gazza, (Space for another youngster), Onmah, Vickers, Llorente, Sissoko, (& Whoever else is available from W/C Semi's or a couple of youngsters.

What are your pre-season squads?

That's a shame for Onomah. Considering the other absentees he might have stood a good chance of starting in CM.

When is our first match (UK time)?

Roma at the San Diego Soccer Stadium on Wednesday, July 25. The kick-off is 3.05am (BST)

I'm also gutted for Onomah, I really felt he had a chance this year. ho hum...

Last edited:
Ok, with Foyth also out injured our options in the squad suddenly become ermmm

-------------Vorm
Aurier--Sanchez--Davies--Kyle
-------Wanyama--Winks
---Moura--Erikssen--Lamela
------------- Son

Highly possible Dier could be back in contention as a CB instead of Davies as he didn't play as much throughout the WC

Bench: Gazza, (Space for another youngster), Onmah, Vickers, Llorente, Sissoko, (& Whoever else is available from W/C Semi's or a couple of youngsters.

What are your pre-season squads?
Winks may not be ready, did not go to USA, likewise Onomah. So may have to start Sissoko. On the plus side Kane is eager to come straight back in, which would mean Lamela switching to RM and Moura dropping back to the bench.

Poch quotes in US earlier today:

"Harry is doing his recovery work in London," said Pochettino. "He’s doing well after his injury and we’re waiting for the evolution and we hope he can join the group as soon as possible, but at the moment he’s out of the group. We need to assess him every day."

"Josh is part of our plans, he’s injured and doing his recovery with Harry Winks, that’s why he’s not here."

< 6 hrs

D'oh !. Hadn't allowed for day flip, so woke early to find nothing on stream.

Last edited:
Back