• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Preseason 2018

Son will be on the pre-season tour and play against Saudi Sportswashing Machine and then join up with the Korean squad. :)

For the season opener I reckon we are looking at something resembling this.
-------------Vorm
Aurier--Sanchez--Foyth--Davies
-------Wanyama--Winks
---Moura--Erikssen--Lamela
------------- Son

Bench: Gazza, KWP, Onmah, Vickers, Llorente, Sissoko, (& Whoever else is available from W/C Semi's or a couple of youngsters.

Not too shabby

Llorente and Sissoko? Seriously? Foyth starting? Hell no

Llorente and Sissoko? Seriously? Foyth starting? Hell no

ha ha, what do you mean hell no? hell no, you are not a fan of those two on the bench with Foyth starting? or something else? :cool:

I listed the team based on our current squad whilst excluding W/C semi-finalists. I've never been a fan of Sissoko and would not be disappointed to see him leave but he clearly provides something in the middle of the park and if Winks is not fit then Sissoko will probably get the nod alongside Vinny.

Llorente really disappointed me last year, expect he'll leave if an offer comes in so he may not even be on the bench. Foyth or Carter Vickers? Foyth has look more composed and comfortable on the ball whilst looking a little lightweight whereas CV looks strong and solid with some pace yet less comfy.

I'm not sure pre season games are as important for the team and players as they use to be, players today are usually fitter and more health concious than a few years back and are ready to perform when the season starts, I'd be more concerned with the players mental state and whether they were drained by the World Cup.
I think its more about learning to play in Poch's system... So more important for new and transitioning players. Of course there are drills for set pieces and tactics which benefits the team, perhaps Kane and Trippier could teach Poch something in return if they were here.

Sent from my SM-G960F using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

No Winks, Janssen Edwards or Griffiths going to the US.

Winks is injured, but I am gutted that Josh Onomah is not going. I can only hope he is injured too:

22 July 2018|Tottenham Hotspur

The squad for our International Champions Cup matches in the USA has been confirmed as follows...

Serge Aurier
Cameron Carter-Vickers
Ben Davies
Christian Eriksen
Juan Foyth
Paulo Gazzaniga
Erik Lamela
Fernando Llorente
Lucas Moura
Georges-Kevin N’Koudou
Davinson Sanchez
Moussa Sissoko
Heung-Min Son
Michel Vorm
Kyle Walker-Peters
Victor Wanyama
Luke Amos
Brandon Austin
TJ Eyoma
Anthony Georgiou
George Marsh
Tashan Oakley-Boothe
Oliver Skipp
Kazaiah Sterling
Alfie Whiteman

ha ha, what do you mean hell no? hell no, you are not a fan of those two on the bench with Foyth starting? or something else? :cool:

I mean I really like Foyth but I would not like to start the season in the starting 11 in the league, I simply do not think he is ready for that. As for Sissoko and Llorente I simply do not think either are good enough and if we have serious aspirations they should be replaced.

I mean I really like Foyth but I would not like to start the season in the starting 11 in the league, I simply do not think he is ready for that. As for Sissoko and Llorente I simply do not think either are good enough and if we have serious aspirations they should be replaced.

I tend to agree with your Sissoko and Llorente position, but Foyth starting will be out of necessity for just a couple of games as I would expect to see Verts (and other Semi finalists) back for the Manure game.

Also looking at the Pre-Season squad, I too am hoping Onomah has a knock (he was pictured next to winks on the bikes) rather than him being loaned or sold off this summer.

I tend to agree with your Sissoko and Llorente position, but Foyth starting will be out of necessity for just a couple of games as I would expect to see Verts (and other Semi finalists) back for the Manure game.

Nah, that is too risky, an injury or a knock and then we will have him starting, that worries me.

Also looking at the Pre-Season squad, I too am hoping Onomah has a knock (he was pictured next to winks on the bikes) rather than him being loaned or sold off this summer.

Hope you are right as Onomah is a player that could be really good for us if he is given a chance this season

Back