• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Preseason 2018

Will be great having Winks available this season. He's been pretty unlucky this last year. Lamela too will benefit hugely from a complete rest/pre season.
Fingers crossed but it doesn't always work like that. Seem to remember hoping Rose and Lamela would be ready for the start of last season.

How many of the World Cup players do we expect to be ready for kick off?

Son is out for sure.

Eriksen and Sanchez should be back in training, but probably not match fit, as they were knocked out two weeks ago.

The rest should get at least three weeks off starting now to fully recuperate. I can see Lloris and Vertonghen playing. We'll need someone to partner Sanchez.

I'm sure most players will feature from the start, with notable exceptions, but I expect heavier squad rotation than normal early in the season. Up front is where we need to be worried, with Son out and Kane knackered/injured.

Season is close too, so any new signing is not very likely to have an immediate impact. I think we could see a lot of Lamela and Moura in August.

I'm sure most players will feature from the start, with notable exceptions, but I expect heavier squad rotation than normal early in the season. Up front is where we need to be worried, with Son out and Kane knackered/injured.

Season is close too, so any new signing is not very likely to have an immediate impact. I think we could see a lot of Lamela and Moura in August.

Lamela did well upfront against Chelsea, maybe we should go with that in Harry's absence.

So if Toby, Rose, Dembele, Sissoko and Janssen leave, we have the following;

First XI

----------------Lloris--------------
Trippier Sanchez Verts Davies
-----Wanyama-----Winks---------
-----Alli----Eriksen----Son------
---------------Kane---------------

Back up pool/subs from

---------------Vorm---------------
KWP--Foyth--???? NEW--???? NEW
--------Dier------Onomah--------
----Lamela----Moura---???? NEW
-------------????? NEW-------------

I've probably forgotten someone but we seem to need a CB, LB, striker and attacking midfielder. Four weeks until the season starts..pre season has already begun.

I'd expect every player to have a minimum of 3 weeks off, some as much as 4 or 5. Dembele, Alli, Rose and Dier didn't play every game luckily but the others did.

The 9 involved in the last world cup weekend probably won't return to training till the week before the season starts I expect.

Kane made some comments about having 2 weeks off but definitely wanting to play against Saudi Sportswashing Machine (cue comments re his August issues...)

Kane made some comments about having 2 weeks off but definitely wanting to play against Saudi Sportswashing Machine (cue comments re his August issues...)

He should take 4 weeks off and definitely miss the first couple of games

I'm not sure pre season games are as important for the team and players as they use to be, players today are usually fitter and more health concious than a few years back and are ready to perform when the season starts, I'd be more concerned with the players mental state and whether they were drained by the World Cup.

How many of the World Cup players do we expect to be ready for kick off?

Son is out for sure.
Son will be on the pre-season tour and play against Saudi Sportswashing Machine and then join up with the Korean squad. :)

For the season opener I reckon we are looking at something resembling this.
-------------Vorm
Aurier--Sanchez--Foyth--Davies
-------Wanyama--Winks
---Moura--Erikssen--Lamela
------------- Son

Bench: Gazza, KWP, Onmah, Vickers, Llorente, Sissoko, (& Whoever else is available from W/C Semi's or a couple of youngsters.

Not too shabby

Back