• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Preseason 2018

Supposing, just supposing England make the WC Final on July 16? It has just dawned on me that is 3 weeks prior to the start of the season so how many weeks holiday will Poch give our players?

And just imagine if was an England v Belgium final?

And remember Son will away in the Asian Cup so he will miss the start of the season anyway.

July 15th

4 weeks

In which case we would start the season without Kane, Dele, Rose, Trippier, Dier and Son. And if England were to meet Belgium in the final then the situation gets worse

I think he is correcting you. The final is on the 15th not 16th, and from the final to the start of the season it's 4 weeks not 3.

Current pre-season - UK times (corrected to get right dates - D'oh !)

Wed 26 July .... 03:05 ..... Roma

Sat 29 July ...... 04:05 ..... Barcelona

Tue 01 Aug ..... 01:35 ..... AC Milan

Sat 04 Aug ...... 19:00 ...... Girona​

Last edited:
Current pre-season - UK times

Wed 25 July .... 03:05 ..... Roma

Sat 28 July ...... 04:05 ..... Barcelona

Tue 31 July ..... 01:35 ..... AC Milan

Cant believe that we'll have any of our England WC players, nor Beglians or Lloris til the Girona game at the earliest, and even then it would be off the bench

Current pre-season - UK times

Wed 25 July .... 03:05 ..... Roma

Sat 28 July ...... 04:05 ..... Barcelona

Tue 31 July ..... 01:35 ..... AC Milan

What a load a brick, no way I'm getting up at 3, 4, 1am... burn the club to the ground

What ever happens the Players in semis will be playing next weekend. The 3/4 playoff or final.

We are going to start the season worryingly short of first team players who’ve had a decent break.

What ever happens the Players in semis will be playing next weekend. The 3/4 playoff or final.

We are going to start the season worryingly short of first team players who’ve had a decent break.

If we end up in the 3rd place play-off then I hope Southgate treats it like the Belgium game and plays the second string.

We're looking at an even slower start than usual this season then. At least Eriksen and Sanchez are resting now. I can see Lamela getting plenty game time from the start of the season.

Kane, Dele, Jan and Toby being knackered too soon next season, will be our biggest worry IMO.

Back