• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Preseason 2014

dortmund have been dredful all pre-season. hypes died down, theyll finish 3rd/4th this seson

Dortmund played without Weidenfeller, Subotic, Gundogan, Reus, Sahin, Durm and Jakub Błaszczykowski. Bender and Immobile played 2nd half, and Grosskreutz played 20 minutes. They will be fine when the season starts, remember we trashed Roma 5-0 a week before PL kick off? :p

The most worrying thing for me from yesterdays game was Poch playing Eriksen on the right for the most part, reducing his threat to the odd cross.

He was head and shoulders our best player last season off the left with the whole field at his mercy when he cut in on that wand of a right foot, and also the dangerous in swinging crosses when he checked back inside. Im fully behind Poch but this looked a blatant tactical error to me. I can guarantee now that if Eriksen plays right all season he wont be half as good as last season. Seems obvious to me, The front 3 can interchange with Eriksen left or centre, Lamela Right or Centre and Lennon on either wing.
i hope it was Poch just experimenting.....Eriksen is dynamite on the left and you have to be a twerp not to realise he is very effective there. Anyway the best thing will be if the 3 behind the lone striker interchange positions from time to time during the game.

Dortmund played without Weidenfeller, Subotic, Gundogan, Reus, Sahin, Durm and Jakub Błaszczykowski. Bender and Immobile played 2nd half, and Grosskreutz played 20 minutes. They will be fine when the season starts, remember we trashed Roma 5-0 a week before PL kick off? :p

im not impressed with Dortmund's buys these days...i mean, Immobile to replace Lewandowski?? Aubamayang from last season is hit and miss, Ji and Ramos are average.

I dont see Klopp hanging around there too much longer tbh

i hope it was Poch just experimenting.....Eriksen is dynamite on the left and you have to be a twerp not to realise he is very effective there. Anyway the best thing will be if the 3 behind the lone striker interchange positions from time to time during the game.

I think that he is just doing it to develop the players and get them more comfortable when they interchange

I've already admitted that yesterday is the only pre season I've watched, but I'm a bit worried as it looked more like first pre season friendly than last

game day 1 against a side that are going to be incredibly well drilled and play football by numbers isn't the ideal start

I've already admitted that yesterday is the only pre season I've watched, but I'm a bit worried as it looked more like first pre season friendly than last

game day 1 against a side that are going to be incredibly well drilled and play football by numbers isn't the ideal start

There has been steady improvement all through preseason. See no reason why that shouldn't continue once the season starts. It's the fitness levels that concern me, can we press like that for the full 90 minutes without tiring when both teams are giving 100%?

What kind of expectations has everyone got for September then?

West ham away, Qpr home and Liverpool home.

Think I'm expecting 6 points from that. Think Liverpool have a far more settled system and player base, and it'll be too much for us.

What kind of expectations has everyone got for September then?

West ham away, Qpr home and Liverpool home.

Think I'm expecting 6 points from that. Think Liverpool have a far more settled system and player base, and it'll be too much for us.

I'm not at all hopeful for the game at West Ham. Pochettino hasn't beaten them, our recent record is best forgotten and BFS knows how to organise a team.

Imagine if we lose - that would be 4 times inside 12 months.

I'd go for 4 points personally. I don't hope for much against Liverpool and the opening fixture is always a hard one to predict.

I'm still on the "give the coach more than a season" bus though so that'll be fine. No one likes to hear it, but Liverpool had to fall a little way before they clicked and really haven't looked back for the best part of 18 month's. I'm gonna be patient and wait to see us develop into a decent footballing team.

Last edited:
Mauricio Pochettino is ready to wield the axe at Tottenham Hotspur, with seven players needing to be trimmed from his squad.

With less than a week to go before Spurs kick-off the new Premier League season with a trip to London rivals West Ham United, some big decisions are required at White Hart Lane.

Pochettino has 32 senior players on his books, but can only select 25 for the 2014/15 campaign.

Sales or loans will have to be sanctioned, freeing up space in the ranks for possible new recruits and offering those on the fringes of the fold an opportunity to go and get game time elsewhere.

Pochettino said: “We have a week of hard work to go and there could be some changes. But I already have in my mind the personnel important for the game.

“We currently have 32 players so we need to be clinical in our selection.”

Spurs’ pre-season form bodes well for the challenges ahead, with five games negotiated without defeat, but Pochettino believes there is more to come from his side as World Cup performers are eased back in alongside fresh and familiar faces.

The Argentine, who swapped life at Southampton for that in north London over the summer, added: “It has been a difficult period because some players arrived late back from the World Cup.

“We have only been training for 25 days and it is very difficult to translate your philosophy to the players and put it into practice in such a short amount of time.”

One of those Pochettino is still waiting to draft into his plans is Kyle Walker, with the England international full-back still recovering from the pelvic problem which wrecked his World Cup dream.

The Spurs boss said: “He will recover soon but we need to be calm with him.”

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9416623/transfer-news-mauricio-pochettino-ready-to-trim-tottenham-squad?

Re: Levy - End Of Season Letter

Our challenge now is to ensure we are in the best possible position for the start of next season - a season in which we shall look for a new level of commitment and performance from all.

So what do people think? With the start of the season a mere 5 days off are we in the best possible position to start it off? Personally I think we are way off what's everyone's opinions?

Our challenge now is to ensure we are in the best possible position for the start of next season - a season in which we shall look for a new level of commitment and performance from all.

So what do people think? With the start of the season a mere 5 days off are we in the best possible position to start it off? Personally I think we are way off what's everyone's opinions?

No, but we're not way off either. Ideally we'd have secured the additional centre-back earlier in the summer, and would by now have cleared our decks of most of the unwanted players in preparation for the arrival of Schneiderlin: however, despite our failure to do the above, we're still fairly secure overall. Poch has a variety of players to choose from in most positions (barring right-back, apparently) and there's still time to bring in the players he wants. We will take a bit of a hit on our outgoings now (given that the buying clubs will likely know that we're desperate to sell given our bloated squad size), but it isn't the worst summer we've ever had, not by a long way.

our challenge is to extract best value out of our purchases last season.
i think it will take at least half a season for poch to settle in and we should be seeing transfers mid season too.
its a transistional season.

our challenge is to extract best value out of our purchases last season.
i think it will take at least half a season for poch to settle in and we should be seeing transfers mid season too.
its a transistional season.

I know it's become a bit of a cliché at Spurs, but that's never been more true than of this year. I want Pochettino winning silverware and challenging for the top spots next season. I don't think there's a chance in hell it'll happen this year though; so in his first season I just want to see what looks - to me - like real progress in the right direction. I'll be more than happy with that.

I know it's become a bit of a cliché at Spurs, but that's never been more true than of this year. I want Pochettino winning silverware and challenging for the top spots next season. I don't think there's a chance in hell it'll happen this year though; so in his first season I just want to see what looks - to me - like real progress in the right direction. I'll be more than happy with that.

Agreed 100 %. I'm not expecting top 4 or a trophy, I just to see us have a game plan, play some entertaining stuff and be a challenge for the other top teams - and to see players develop nicely in the right direction. If Poch has the support of the players and Levy next summer, and could do business early (I know... ;) ), I think we could be a real force in 2015/2016.

2012-2013 was expected to be transitional because it was AVB's first season. Then the Gooners stumbled and we all thought we might edge them.
2013/2014 was meant to be the year when AVB had a settled team all on the same page, instead we had too many new faces struggling to learn a system that never really looked to be getting off the ground.

This year is a transitional year though. We have a new coach, new shape, new players and a half a pre season without any of our international's. No doubt the paper's will be heaping the pressure on in October and adding us into the big Top 4 battle. I just hope people don't get drawn in and start going ape **** when thing's don't pan out like the journo's and pundits said it would.

i think this year the focus will be on Arsenal's title ambitions and Man U and Liverpool making top 4 post suarez (not doing a spurs).
unless things go awfully wrong, i don't think anyone is really expecting us to to achieve anything, except maybe an outside chance.

i expect us to start clicking late in the season, hopefully by then we would not be too far away from the leading pack.

Back