• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Prepare to have your mind completely blown

Danishfurniturelover

the prettiest spice girl
Meant to post this last night but we had guests round and then I went straight to bed afterwards.

Now what would you get a 15 year old girl for a Christmas present?

I ask because that is what I asked our friends last night when they came round, making conversation and being curious about the world I live in.

So the mum tells me that they are buying her likes for her instagram and facebook pages. Now I thought this was a wind up, because well obviously you would. So I laugh and say yeah sure but really what are you getting Melanie Then the is that shifting in the sit and uncomfortable looks at me, then my wife shoots me the look I am sure you have all got from yours.

So genuine question, has black mirror actually come true?

If you think I am winding you up, I am not. Check, because I sure as fcuk did last night. This is not a wind up, people can buy "likes" to appear more popular.

Genuinely dismayed.

Dismayed is a very good word for it, Chich.

If Melanie is pleased with that on Christmas morning, she's a fudging plum. You can tell her mother that next time you see her.

1*y2SD9HSMFmTKHJd_hgHmDA.gif

I'd buy her birth prevention.

That said, if Instagram likes is the brick, she probably won't be anywhere near any c0cks for years!

Dismayed is a very good word for it, Chich.

If Melanie is pleased with that on Christmas morning, she's a fudging plum. You can tell her mother that next time you see her.

I understand where you are coming from however, should we not feel sorry for Melanie who obviously has stupid parents.

Dave Gorman did a bit on buying social media followers on Modern Life Is Goodish a couple of years ago.

I think that using bots to astroturf is a bigger issue on social media.

Slightly unrelated but I found this really interesting

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/tinder-political-bots-jeremy-corbyn-labour

Will be voting for him next time round, but can you imagine the uproar if that was the "right" doing that.

Think eventually they will have to pass a law saying any use of bots in any political discussion should be illegal.

Back