• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Premier League Squad

http://sport.bt.com/sport-hurts/redknapp-hails-spurs-strength-as-they-move-second-91364332632821

Quite realistic of Harry Redknapp and nicely put. We have a good squad and to improve upon it we would need a player that is going to come in and say "I'm going to be #1 in that position".

Personally speaking, I think we need to be looking to get players in who can do that. Players like Moura who have a chance of displacing one of the starting XI or if not, being a quality backup.

Thanks for that link, Think Harry is spot on.

Thanks for that link, Think Harry is spot on.

I love how pro Spurs Harry is these days. He was a bit narked with the way it ended back in the day and wasn't all that nice - now he's mellowed its great to see. He also has a point here. Its £120m to find players to replace our top boys - and that's replace. Not add to or compete with.

I love how pro Spurs Harry is these days. He was a bit narked with the way it ended back in the day and wasn't all that nice - now he's mellowed its great to see. He also has a point here. Its £120m to find players to replace our top boys - and that's replace. Not add to or compete with.

Shame his son is such a complete bellend.

History has shows us that when teams fail to strengthen, even after a good season like the one we had last year, and the teams around you do, you are effectively going backwards, or at best remain standing still. Shock horror, after our best ever premier league showing, we failed to add quality and now we are in a real battle for the top 4.

It would be ironic if we have a sparkling new stadium and next season we are not playing CL football

History has shows us that when teams fail to strengthen, even after a good season like the one we had last year, and the teams around you do, you are effectively going backwards, or at best remain standing still. Shock horror, after our best ever premier league showing, we failed to add quality and now we are in a real battle for the top 4.

It would be ironic if we have a sparkling new stadium and next season we are not playing CL football

Think it is pretty likely and is why i put the big bet on after we lost to Chelsea on penalties.

We need a manager who is planning on being here for the next 5 years. With that plan we can integrate new players into the team and evolve that way. I dont know if Poch turned down the chance for new players and if he did why.

But we need to sit down with him and ask what his plans are for the next 5 years. Then we can get rid of some players and freshen the squad up.

Eriksen and Toby are off in the summer think most people agree that.

Wanamya and Lamela are to injury prone, guess we can carry one of them but not both.

Llorente and Janssen are both off.

So that is 6 or 5 players if you want to carry an injury prone player that we will let go in the summer. Add to that I really think we need new full backs for the system we play so should look to offload a fullback from each side, we could get rid of 8 players this summer.

Unless we think Poch is really going to be here for the next few years I am not sure the is any point in signing new players so we might as well just go for the academy lads.

My chosen route would be when Poch goes get in 6 or 7 signings with a focus on youth and really try to build again for the future.

End of an era, let the new one begin.

You don’t have to buy to strengthen, players are supposed to get better with coaching, fitter with training and more mentally resilient with therapy.

No doubt we’ve failed this season, but it’s not as simple as saying we didn’t buy right.

Think it is pretty likely and is why i put the big bet on after we lost to Chelsea on penalties.

We need a manager who is planning on being here for the next 5 years. With that plan we can integrate new players into the team and evolve that way. I dont know if Poch turned down the chance for new players and if he did why.

But we need to sit down with him and ask what his plans are for the next 5 years. Then we can get rid of some players and freshen the squad up.

Eriksen and Toby are off in the summer think most people agree that.

Wanamya and Lamela are to injury prone, guess we can carry one of them but not both.

Llorente and Janssen are both off.

So that is 6 or 5 players if you want to carry an injury prone player that we will let go in the summer. Add to that I really think we need new full backs for the system we play so should look to offload a fullback from each side, we could get rid of 8 players this summer.

Unless we think Poch is really going to be here for the next few years I am not sure the is any point in signing new players so we might as well just go for the academy lads.

My chosen route would be when Poch goes get in 6 or 7 signings with a focus on youth and really try to build again for the future.

End of an era, let the new one begin.

If would have made more sense to sign 2 or 3 players last summer and 2 or 3 this summer.

If would have made more sense to sign 2 or 3 players last summer and 2 or 3 this summer.

Totally agree mate.

Think it is a lack of long term planning.

We have issues with Rose and Davies is not good enough to be first choice, so you bring in a young left back who has to play when Rose is injured but otherwise you slowly bring him through into the team.

Same the other side with Tripper and Aurier, if Walker Peters is not good enough and it may be that he is not then why is he still around and if he is good enough then one of the other 2 can go.

I love what Poch has done for this club, but the squad has gone stale and if he leaves this summer(think he will) it could be like when Ferguson left United and the squad looked very lop sided.

To be fair I do not think it is all his fault and I imagine the stadium build and finances had a large part to play in it.

You don’t have to buy to strengthen, players are supposed to get better with coaching, fitter with training and more mentally resilient with therapy.

No doubt we’ve failed this season, but it’s not as simple as saying we didn’t buy right.

It was not a case of not buying right, it was a case of not buying at all.

You claim players are suppose to get better with coaching etc, well while that may be true, it is also true that is some players have a ceiling they cannot break through. Danny Rose is arguably our best full back but he seems incapable of being fit enough to play 2 games in a week, while our other full backs apart from the occasional good performance have been rank average for most of the season.

In central midfield we lost Dembele half way through the season while Wanyama looks a shadow of the player he was 2 years ago. Sissoko and Winks have been running on empty and we had no one to replace them with.

Last edited:
And another thing, why the feck was Rose playing in central midfield against the Goons and Dortmund, that simply exemplified our lack of depth

It was not a case of not buying right, it was a case of not buying at all.

You claim players are suppose to get better with coaching etc, well while that may be true, it is also true that is some players have a ceiling they cannot break through. Danny Rose is arguably our best full back but he seems incapable of being fit enough to play 2 games in a week, while our other full backs apart from the occasional good performance have been rank average for most of the season.

In central midfield we lost Dembele half way through the season while Wanyama looks a shadow of the player he was 2 years ago. Sissoko and Winks have been running on empty and we had no one to replace them with.

We filled all the available squad places for non-home grown players. Any new signings would have to replace someone already here. How would that strengthen us?

Every player can be improved upon

The key point is can we attract the players who would improve us

I think after finishing third and qualifying for the CL I would hope so, it would definitely be much easier than this summer if we fail to make the CL

Back