• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Premier League Squad

So will we have submitted our 25 man squad by now?
Anyone know who's in and who's missed out?

Announced tonight

25 Squad players (*=Home grown)
Alderweireld, Toby Albertine
Alli, Bamidele Jermaine*
Aurier, Serge
Davies, Benjamin Thomas*
Dembele, Mousa
Dier, Eric Jeremy Edgar
Eriksen, Christian
Gazzaniga, Paulo Dino
Heung-min, Son
Kane, Harry*
Lamela, Erik
Llorente Torres, Fernando Javier
Lloris, Hugo
Nkoudou Mbida, Georges-Kevin
Ogilvie, Connor Stuart*
Rodrigues Moura da Silva, Lucas
Rose, Daniel Lee*
Sanchez Mina, Davinson
Sissoko, Moussa
Trippier, Kieran John*
Vertonghen, Jan
Vorm, Michel
Wanyama, Victor
Winks, Harry*

Under-21 players (Contracts and Scholars)
Amos, Luke Ayodele
Asante, Enock Amponsah
Austin, Brandon Anthon
Bennett, J'Neil Lloyd
Binks, Luis Thomas
Bowden, Jamie Patrick
Brown, Jaden
Carter-Vickers, Cameron
Cirkin, Dennis
Clarke, Rayan Romario
Cooper, Chay
De Bie, Jonathan
Dinzeyi, Jonathan Toko Lema
Duncan, Dylan
Edwards, Marcus
Eyoma, Timothy Joel
Fagan-Walcott, Malachi Michael
Foyth, Juan Marcos
Freeman, Charlie
Georgiou, Anthony Michael
Glover, Thomas William
Harrison, Shayon
Hinds, Tariq Devontae Aaron
Kurylowicz, Kacper
Lyons-Foster, Brooklyn
Maghoma, Edmond-Paris
Markanday, Dilan Kumar
Marsh, George Owen
Mukendi, Jeremie
Oakley-Boothe, Tashan
Okedina, Jubril Adesope
Oluwayemi, Oluwaferanmi Joshua Chibuzo
Onomah, Joshua
Parrott, Troy Daniel
Patterson, Phoenix MacLaren
Pedder, Rafferty
Pochettino, Maurizio
Reynolds, Jamie Joe
Richards, Rodel
Roles, Jack
Shashoua, Armando
Shashoua, Samuel
Skipp, Oliver William
Statham, Maxwell Louis
Sterling, Kazaiah
Tainio, Maximus Mikael
Tanganga, Japhat Manzambi
Thorpe, Elliot Morgan
Tracey, Shilow
Walker-Peters, Kyle
White, Harvey David
Whiteman, Alfie

https://www.premierleague.com/news/844127

So Janssen gets binned. And Nkoudou will not be in the CL one because Davies is an additional foreigner under their rules

So Janssen gets binned. And Nkoudou will not be in the CL one because Davies is an additional foreigner under their rules
Just on instinct I far prefer Janssen to Llorente. I know he had trouble scoring goals but it felt like when he came on as a sub he fackin ran araand, drew fouls and made a nuisance of himself. Fernando, gorgeous though he is, doesn't seem to do that much.

Just on instinct I far prefer Janssen to Llorente. I know he had trouble scoring goals but it felt like when he came on as a sub he fackin ran araand, drew fouls and made a nuisance of himself. Fernando, gorgeous though he is, doesn't seem to do that much.
Did Llorente ever really run around much? If that is what we thought we were buying then we didn't watch the tapes. He is a target man and ever was such. In saying that he is sliding down the far side of the bell curve now and will not help us overly this season.

Where do you get this idea?

It's in his book. It's not overly explicit, but a couple of times he seemed exasperated by his attitude. With some of the others he was specific - Nkoudou he said rubbed him up the wrong way for keeping his headphones on and not engaging with teammates and staff. But with Janssen it was always more an unsaid 'and well Janssen...'

So from that list above it is clear that we didn't actually need to move anyone on to bring in another player to register in our 25 man squad.

So from that list above it is clear that we didn't actually need to move anyone on to bring in another player to register in our 25 man squad.

We're paying Janssen say £3m in wages for the season and he's not allowed to play. Another player would have meant the same with Nkoudou.

Janssen's injured for much of the rest of the calendar year though isn't he. And Poch hates him

Clean slates and all that though! He'll get the chance after x-mas, bag a brace against Scum and suddenley rise into Kane-ish stardom! :D

Did Llorente ever really run around much? If that is what we thought we were buying then we didn't watch the tapes. He is a target man and ever was such. In saying that he is sliding down the far side of the bell curve now and will not help us overly this season.
That’s kind of my point. For all his faults - mainly not scoring much - Janssen SEEMED to be able to make more of an impact on games he came on as a sub. I recall him winning free kicks, hustling the oppo defenders/keeper and putting himself about. Which APPEARS to be more than Llorent does. Neither are good enough for us if we want to progress.

It's in his book. It's not overly explicit, but a couple of times he seemed exasperated by his attitude. With some of the others he was specific - Nkoudou he said rubbed him up the wrong way for keeping his headphones on and not engaging with teammates and staff. But with Janssen it was always more an unsaid 'and well Janssen...'

I read the book about two months ago and whilst it wasn't a masterpiece and therefore not that memorable, I can honestly say I didn't pick up on Poch's hatred for Janssen. I thought Janssen came across as a nice guy, unlucky in terms of goals scored for us but a useful hold up player with more skill than he got credit for.

I read the book about two months ago and whilst it wasn't a masterpiece and therefore not that memorable, I can honestly say I didn't pick up on Poch's hatred for Janssen. I thought Janssen came across as a nice guy, unlucky in terms of goals scored for us but a useful hold up player with more skill than he got credit for.
I remember an article somewhere a few months after Janssen arrived saying he needed to improve his attitude in training.

I remember an article somewhere a few months after Janssen arrived saying he needed to improve his attitude in training.

Fair enough. I've always felt the back up striker should offer something different to Kane anyway i.e. pace and still an ability to finish (a young version of Jamie Vardy). Either way I'd suggest Llorente isn't the answer.

Fair enough. I've always felt the back up striker should offer something different to Kane anyway i.e. pace and still an ability to finish (a young version of Jamie Vardy). Either way I'd suggest Llorente isn't the answer.
I think it would be beneficial to us if the back up striker wasn’t as goal shy as Janssen and Llorente.

We're paying Janssen say £3m in wages for the season and he's not allowed to play. Another player would have meant the same with Nkoudou.
Janssen can't play anyway because he is injured. We have the lowest wage to turnover ratio in the league, running at only 40 odd percent. The wage bill cannot be allowed to be an excuse here. Additionally it is amazing how most players* will suddenly decide a loan anywhere is more appealing than spending a season without a chance of a single first team game

* Winston Bogarde excepted.

http://sport.bt.com/sport-hurts/redknapp-hails-spurs-strength-as-they-move-second-91364332632821

Quite realistic of Harry Redknapp and nicely put. We have a good squad and to improve upon it we would need a player that is going to come in and say "I'm going to be #1 in that position".

Personally speaking, I think we need to be looking to get players in who can do that. Players like Moura who have a chance of displacing one of the starting XI or if not, being a quality backup.

Back