• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Prediction - Who will be the best signing from this summer's transfer window?

Rorschach

Sonny Walters
This thread would probably make more sense when the transfer window was closed but just roll with it.

Which signing from this transfer window will have the most impact this coming season?

I'm going to go for Benteke myself. He was pricey, but that aside I think he'll be a big success at Liverpool.

laughing at the Benteke/Schneiderlin views, both likely to be moderately successful, but way over priced and not better than who they replace (Benteke over Sterling/Saurez, MS over Carrick?)

Ade on free (loan, with wages to pay) really does have shot, Ade looking for contract is a WC player as several teams have experienced.

I'm gonna go for a player no-one has been talking about that cost £29m - Firminho at Liverpool.

For that money he will either be brick hot or he will be their version of Lamela.

Have a feeling Firminho will be disappointing. Decent but not all that. Think he shirks a little, from the little I have seen.

I think Claise will be good value for money for Saints. And Depay at Utd.

laughing at the Benteke/Schneiderlin views, both likely to be moderately successful, but way over priced and not better than who they replace (Benteke over Sterling/Saurez, MS over Carrick?)

Ade on free (loan, with wages to pay) really does have shot, Ade looking for contract is a WC player as several teams have experienced.

why laugh. Carrick is what 34? Picking up constant injuries. His presence is severely missed when he doesnt play and is a player you only appreciate when he isnt there. Its not easy at all to find someone suitable to replace him, but in Schneiderlin, only 24 and all his best years ahead of him, they have a player who will have the same effect as carrick imo.

Schweinsteiger is the one i smile about. He looks overweight, picks up knocks, and his legs appear to have gone, however in the CL he will have more of an effect. If he is fit of course. Im very curious to see how he copes in the PL week in week out

I think it hasn't happened yet, it'll be whichever forward United sign, be it Muller, Ibra, or someone else

Obviously it is hard if not impossible to replace Suarez, but Sterling is very inconsistent in my opinion, just like Benteke actually. Unplayable on their day but need to do it more often is a criticism that could be levelled at both players

Originally I wasn't a Benteke fan. Quite the opposite in fact, and like many on here I just saw him as a big target man . But after we were linked to him (repreatedly) I paid a bit more attention and realised there is far more to his game than I gave him credit for originally. I think we'll be looking back on this transfer in a year or two's time regretting we didn't push the boat out for him when we had the chance. Obviously I hope I am wrong but that only happened once before :D so the odds are against it.

why laugh. Carrick is what 34? Picking up constant injuries. His presence is severely missed when he doesnt play and is a player you only appreciate when he isnt there. Its not easy at all to find someone suitable to replace him, but in Schneiderlin, only 24 and all his best years ahead of him, they have a player who will have the same effect as carrick imo.

Schweinsteiger is the one i smile about. He looks overweight, picks up knocks, and his legs appear to have gone, however in the CL he will have more of an effect. If he is fit of course. Im very curious to see how he copes in the PL week in week out
I think the same about Schweinsteiger. I predict the relentless pace of the PL will tell on those ageing legs.

Back