• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Predict The Run In

Quite interesting that a few of my Arsenal mates on twitter aren't TOO confident going into the game. They say Arteta is a doubt and that would be a big blow to them. I think they're just saying that though to be honest to stop from sounding overly confident.

I think the only game they won last season with Arteta injured was the West Brom game and we all know why they won that.

This season without Arteta they have done better, but he's still a huge loss to them. If I could handpick one player not to be able to play in that game, it would either be Cazorla or Arteta. That said, Saudi Sportswashing Machine are so bad that Liverpool without Suarez beat them 6-0 and Sunderland beat them 3-0 without Fletcher (and others)... So it might take more than one Arsenal player missing to mess them up...

Ok- I'm resigned to the odds being firmly stacked against us. I'm comfortable with us being 5th and still challenging for something last game of the season - however wouldn't it be great for the goons to fall at the last, to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory (normally reserved for us). That would be a sweeter scenario than being four points clear of them. Believe!!

COYS!!!!

Ok- I'm resigned to the odds being firmly stacked against us. I'm comfortable with us being 5th and still challenging for something last game of the season - however wouldn't it be great for the goons to fall at the last, to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory (normally reserved for us). That would be a sweeter scenario than being four points clear of them. Believe!!

COYS!!!!

Come on mate, we all know what's going to happen. We've been here before. If The Arse don't win and we're winning with minutes to go, we'll lose our lead in injury time to a Bale own goal.

If we win and that lot are losing with a minute to go, they'll sneak two injury time goals. We are Spurs, we only do glorious and spectacular failure. That's our role in the universe.

Yet, I can't completely get rid of that niggling feeling that we might just do it...

How about this situation : Chelsea get beaten in the EL Final. They are mentally affected so much that Everton beat them 5-0 on Sunday. We then thrash Sunderland 11-0, with Bale scoring 6 to finish as top scorer in the league. Chelsea and us finish level on 72 points and a goal difference of 30 goals but we finish above them by virtue of scoring more goals : 76 to 73. That will be a sweet revenge for us losing the CL place to them last season.

Ofcourse furious Chelsea fans will then demand for a match-fixing probe.:lol:

I see it more like this...

Saudi Sportswashing Machine-Arsenal will go into the 95th minute at 1-1, we'll have finished our game against the Mackems having won, and then Pardew will run onto the pitch before the final whistle, take the ball off one of his players, head straight for his own goal and blast the ball past whoever in goal. 2-1 Arsenal, ref allows the goal to stand, no retrospective action, Spurs miss out on Champions League again.

I see it more like we beat Sunderland 1-0 with a Bale free-kick after a tense afternoon at the lane. Meanwhile, up at Saudi Sportswashing Machine teams are stale-mated 0-0. Saudi Sportswashing Machine have had the majority of the chances against a nervous looking Arsenal but haven't put them away. Into injury time and things look desperate for the goons as our game has already finished....Per Mertesacker steps into midfield and decides to aimlessly smash the ball towards goal from 40 yards out, more in frustration than in any real hope of scoring... Saudi Sportswashing Machine's keeper slips and the ball hits his hands, slipping underneath him and rolling slowly into the net...

I see it more like we beat Sunderland 1-0 with a Bale free-kick after a tense afternoon at the lane. Meanwhile, up at Saudi Sportswashing Machine teams are stale-mated 0-0. Saudi Sportswashing Machine have had the majority of the chances against a nervous looking Arsenal but haven't put them away. Into injury time and things look desperate for the goons as our game has already finished....Per Mertesacker steps into midfield and decides to aimlessly smash the ball towards goal from 40 yards out, more in frustration than in any real hope of scoring... Saudi Sportswashing Machine's keeper slips and the ball hits his hands, slipping underneath him and rolling slowly into the net...

Haha, you know, we will all probably come up with an absurd scenario where we will snatch defeat from the jaws of victory but the truth, when it happens, will be far funnier, painful and ironic than anything we can imagine right now.

Heart says:

Tottenham 2 - 1 Sunderland

Sessengnon 13', Bale 54', Defoe 83'

Saudi Sportswashing Machine 1 - 1 Arsenal

Walcott 6', Ben Arfa 77'

Head says:

Tottenham 0 - 0 Sunderland

Saudi Sportswashing Machine 0 - 3 Arsenal

Wallcott 6', 33', Gervinho 57'

... or something like that.

Heart says:

Tottenham 2 - 1 Sunderland

Sessengnon 13', Bale 54', Defoe 83'

Saudi Sportswashing Machine 1 - 1 Arsenal

Walcott 6', Ben Arfa 77'

Head says:

Tottenham 0 - 0 Sunderland

Saudi Sportswashing Machine 0 - 3 Arsenal

Wallcott 6', 33', Gervinho 57'

... or something like that.

The suspended Sesegnon?

But yeah it could easily go that way, or anyway to be fair

What do we have in our favour... We at home and on a great run of form against a team we have ahold record against

What do Arsenal have in their favour.... Current form and playing a pretty shocking side. However they don't have a great record up there, all the pressure is on them. They may (and I mean May as Wenger likes his games) have Arteta out who is very important to them, and Saudi Sportswashing Machine owe their fans big time

One things for certain, we can only influence our own game

I honestly just cannot see Saudi Sportswashing Machine doing it. They just do not have the motivation. Imagine Arsenal bombarding them at the end, will they try that little extra and throw bodies on the line to secure a draw? I don't know. It's going to be a freak result for Saudi Sportswashing Machine to get something. Motivation is everything. It's simple for the scum. Just win this 1 game and they are safe in fourth

I can't see Saudi Sportswashing Machine getting anything on Sunday as they have been pretty appaling this season and I can see Arsenal ripping them apart. But if Saudi Sportswashing Machine play well and are looking to get something from the game, then Arsenal will find another way of getting the 3 points :-# ;)

Wigan had all the motivation on the world and look what good it did them. The toughest game Arsenal have had recently was QPR away who have less quality and even less motivation than Saudi Sportswashing Machine. They must have a point to prove after the appaulling recent home performances.

Difference between us and Arsenal is they have a brilliant player in Walcott who makes and scores goals, while we play with 10men with Lennon doing nothing. We need to change that.

But apparently Lennon has a position of his own, in the football world, stay by the touch line, and dont do anything.:lol:

Motivation isn't everything. We've seen very strange things happen on the final day of the season in the past in several leagues. Of course it will probably be an advantage for Arsenal to play a Saudi Sportswashing Machine team with nothing to play for, but there are other factors. Arsenal will be feeling the pressure, Saudi Sportswashing Machine can play with their shoulders dropped for the first time in a long time.

As usual I think the betting companies get their predictions somewhere in the ballpark.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football.../Saudi Sportswashing Machine-v-arsenal/winner

Odds for an Arsenal win ranging from 1.53-1.62. Or 8/15, 4/7, 8/13 and thereabouts if you prefer the silly fraction system. That obviously means that the betting companies think it's slightly less likely than that as they want their profits. But it's a decent estimation overall I think.

Far from a foregone conclusion, even though they are obviously favourites and they are the most likely winners.

Might be clutching at straws but:
(1) arteta is a big doubt for arse on Sat after getting an injury last night
(2) In their last 2 home games, Saudi Sportswashing Machine have been soundly beaten by their local rivals (3-0) and then got thrashed by Liverpool. You would have thought that they owe their fans a performance and that the fans will let them know that

What will be will be.

We will never know, but if we had been a point ahead going into the last game, I'm not sure how we would have handled the expectation. Certainly recently we have had a better record winning games when we simply have to, but the old Spurs is always lurking around the corner.
Perhaps not having it in our own hands could give us a better chance of getting the win on Sunday, while Arsenal being in the driving seat may hinder them, not that it very rarely does, but the odd occasion they have slipped up in the past.

It's gone down to the last day, maybe even stoppage time of the last game, I would have taken that scenario before the Swansea away game, never mind the start of the season

And if we had of been a point ahead this morning, no doubt some f#cker would have sh#t in our dinner on Sunday morning

it´s an away game. If Arsenal win it will only be by a goal. I just hope Saudi Sportswashing Machine score early so they will have something to play for. Going down early will not do that team any good

Back