• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Window Thread

Out of contract in the summer, but we need to start unloading players like this to free up space.

Heaton/Pope is a good shout.
Heaton and Pope wouldn't and shouldn't come to sit on our bench. 2 of the best English goalkeepers and they need to be playing regularly.

SPURS EYE GOMES DEAL

Tottenham are hoping to secure a permanent deal for Everton's on-loan midfielder Andre Gomes who is delaying on a transfer to Merseyside, according to The Sun.

Arsenal sent a scout to watch Roma's 21-year-old Turkey winger Cengiz Under. (Gazzetta dello Sport, via Mirror)

Tottenham and England striker Harry Kane, 25, has appointed his older brother Charlie to oversee his career. (Mail)

Thats what I thought. I cant forsee a situation where they are benched behind him, so assume they arent fit yet.

Even without Hart its a tough pair to keep happy I would think.

Thats what I thought. I cant forsee a situation where they are benched behind him, so assume they arent fit yet.

Even without Hart its a tough pair to keep happy I would think.

It doesn't really suit us though. Lloris still has a good 5-7 years left at his peak, and Gazzaniga has shown him self to be a very competent #2. The last thing you actually want with keepers is competition and egos. We just need to release Vorm and promote Whiteman to #3.

At Burnley Heaton should be long-term #1 and Pope will probably end up moving to be #1 at another mid-table side.

It doesn't really suit us though. Lloris still has a good 5-7 years left at his peak, and Gazzaniga has shown him self to be a very competent #2. The last thing you actually want with keepers is competition and egos. We just need to release Vorm and promote Whiteman to #3.

At Burnley Heaton should be long-term #1 and Pope will probably end up moving to be #1 at another mid-table side.

I'll put my tin hat on, but I don't think Lloris has 5-7 years at Spurs, he's been ok this year but has made more mistakes than before, I would be looking for a replacement soon.

Lloris is fine and doing a good job.
May not last 6-7 years but we will see.
With Gazzaniga as a #2 I think we are well-set in the goalkeeper department.

Last edited:
More broadly, I'd also be in favor of bringing in Phillip Billing, from Huddersfield, as our next DM. Ship out Wanyama in the process. Billing's just 21 (or 22, not sure), and he's improving every game. He's a big physical unit (1.98m), is surprisingly good with the ball, can bring it forward, can pass pretty damn well, knows the Premier League and is home-grown. Having him as our DM rotation option would suit me just fine.

More broadly, I'd also be in favor of bringing in Phillip Billing, from Huddersfield, as our next DM. Ship out Wanyama in the process. Billing's just 21 (or 22, not sure), and he's improving every game. He's a big physical unit (1.98m), is surprisingly good with the ball, can bring it forward, can pass pretty damn well, knows the Premier League and is home-grown. Having him as our DM rotation option would suit me just fine.
He came in to the Prem with a big reputation after the promotion season, I thought he was more of a box to box / AM, but that maybe just because he was that much better than Championship level oppo he could do that role as well. Can’t say I’ve seen too much of Huddersfield or him since they’ve been promoted though.

“I would not be disappointed if we didn’t sign anyone,” Pochettino said. “I know very well that January is always difficult and look what happened to different players that arrived last January. It takes time to understand and perform, to fit with the team.

“Sometimes it’s better not to sign if you don’t find the right player. And players who maybe don’t play too much need to go and play in another club. Maybe the best decision is to send them on loan or sell them.”

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/12/...e-much-better-than-aston-villas-jack-grealis/

Tottenham Hotspur reportedly scouted Hull City winger Jarrod Bowen earlier this month, when the youngster scored a brace against QPR - and he would be a much better signing than Aston Villa's Jack Grealish.

Hull Daily Mail claim Bowen, 21, was watched by Spurs' talent spotters on December 1 as he scored two goals against QPR. This season, he has netted six goals and created three more in 21 league appearances.

Boasting plenty of speed, trickery and an unwavering eye for goal, Bowen is said to be available for a bargain fee of just £10million ahead of the January transfer window. It remains to be seen if Hull can keep him.

Spurs have been targeting a number of Championship players ahead of January if reports are to be believed, with Bowen the latest to be linked to Mauricio Pochettino's side. Villa's Jack Grealish is another.

Spurs almost bought Grealish in the summer, with Villa wanting £30million for his services - though Spurs only managed to offer £25million. Now, the north Londoners could buy a better alternative for a much smaller price.

Indeed, Bowen has scored three times as many goals as Grealish has this season - with the latter only managing two strikes this term. Grealish is also two years Bowen's senior.

At £10million, Bowen is a bargain. But he becomes an even better option when it is considered that he would cost a third of Grealish's asking price.

Spurs have to land Bowen in the summer and forget about luring Grealish to the Champions League side.

Levy needs to beg (Jo Lewis), borrow (the banks that already lent us), or steal (selling someone for more than their worth) and fund Poch.

I hope we don't sell Toby. But he's almost 30 and if united came up with 50m you can see why we'd accept.

Levy needs to beg (Jo Lewis), borrow (the banks that already lent us), or steal (selling someone for more than their worth) and fund Poch.

I hope we don't sell Toby. But he's almost 30 and if united came up with 50m you can see why we'd accept.

Toby is in solid form for us, I'd rather we lost out on 20m or 30m and kept him until the summer. We're still in every competition, we can only afford to offload fringe players in Jan imo.

Today showed again we need at least 1 head in - CM

Winks/Dier/Sissoko can’t do it on their own.

Skipp was ok today, but it was against a rank average side.

Fair play to Sissoko playing a 90 in Spain Tuesday and another today.

Back