• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Window Thread

We aren’t signing anyone in January. If foyth can’t even get in the Champions League squad as we have too many players then we’re not going to sign anyone. We’d have to get rid of 2 before we signed someone I guess Walker-peters on loan would be one potential but not sure he is in the cap.

It's only overseas players. We have 19 for EPL and 20 for CL (where Davies counts as foreign too), but can only name 17

As Vorm and Dembele are nearly out of contract, I'd leave them two out, plus Janssen and Nkodou, to bring one in.

hasn't he turned a bit brick - I don't believe the £160m mega bid is true.
Not fulfilled his potential might be another way of looking at it. You can see the talent there but it is not quite working out for him. I would liken him to Martial in that regards.

160mil seems nuts though.

Not fulfilled his potential might be another way of looking at it. You can see the talent there but it is not quite working out for him. I would liken him to Martial in that regards.

160mil seems nuts though.

I'd take Martial for a fraction of that cost over Asensio ..

Asensio doesn't impress me, and we don't need another small midfielder, part of the success of modern Spurs is our ability to physically mix it up.

I don't watch the Spanish league very often but listen to a few podcasts and he has been very poor this year according to them. RM tend to champion their Spanish players (Isco is best example ) and they have massively turned on him. May be unrest due to managers but I would not be spending mega money on him

I'd take Martial for a fraction of that cost over Asensio ..

Asensio doesn't impress me, and we don't need another small midfielder, part of the success of modern Spurs is our ability to physically mix it up.
He's not small (1.82m) nor a midfielder. He plays left or right of the striker.

I would take Martial though if given the option.

He's not small (1.82m) nor a midfielder. He plays left or right of the striker.

I would take Martial though if given the option.

AM? :)

I've seen him in person for Madrid, once Madrid take Bale/Benzema come off, there is a significant lack of physicality in that side.

But yes, for same price I'd take Martial all day long.

We aren’t signing anyone in January. If foyth can’t even get in the Champions League squad as we have too many players then we’re not going to sign anyone. We’d have to get rid of 2 before we signed someone I guess Walker-peters on loan would be one potential but not sure he is in the cap.

We could sign any UK-trained players without getting into any CL squad bother. That said, I'm not really sure there's a British CM (who is gettable) who could really help us that much with replacing Dembele. Loftus-Cheek would be great, but I can't see that happening. I'd imagine we'd save our big CM purchase for the summer. Would be great to take a punt on some young British talent (a la Dele) in Jan tho.

AM? :)

I've seen him in person for Madrid, once Madrid take Bale/Benzema come off, there is a significant lack of physicality in that side.

But yes, for same price I'd take Martial all day long.
Inside forward in ye olde parlance, but yes LAM or RAM I guess ;). I have seen him play well and not so well but RM won't sell him irrespective of how he is playing this season. They reckon he is about to step it up big time. That remains to be seen but it might go some towards explaining the price tag (which sounds made up actually).

I would say that physicality is or lack of not really his issue but end product. We're not getting him anyway so the point is moot.

We could sign any UK-trained players without getting into any CL squad bother. That said, I'm not really sure there's a British CM (who is gettable) who could really help us that much with replacing Dembele. Loftus-Cheek would be great, but I can't see that happening. I'd imagine we'd save our big CM purchase for the summer. Would be great to take a punt on some young British talent (a la Dele) in Jan tho.

Prior to his ruptured ACL Lewis Cook would have been an option. Obviously question marks about his recovery now, but he's already an accomplished midfielder at 21.

I would prefer we signed a top midfielder irrespective of whether they can play in the Champions League for us this season. At this moment, we have involvement in three other tournaments. At the least, the new signing can play matches in those competitions and allow another player the rest in those matches. I think we need a top midfielder, someone like Ndombele and it’s only if the targets are not available, and no alternatives viable or identified that we should wait for the summer.

We have too many OS players for the league too, not just CL

Then just amend the registration list when required and cut out the weakest link. Ideally sell as on reflection I appreciate that just freezing them out may adversely affect squad confidence and spirits. But the signing of a good new player could have a huge positive effect on the squad hmm

Back