• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Window Thread

I'm surprised anyone is talking forwards/AMs/fullbacks, when we are so thin at CM

Thin in numbers or quality?

On any given day we can go from having 2 fit to 5 fit. And when there are 5 fit you would do well to bring in someone better than we have.

The total inconsistency in fitness in that area is what’s hindering us at the moment.

If that can’t improve then I agree we need an addition, however I still think Winks needs/deserves a long run in the side.

Thin because I don't think Dembele or Wanyama will ever play for us again. I think they are perma-crocked

If that were true then we would need to sign a CM in Jan.

It’s hard getting the top class deals over the line in Jan. Any short term solutions?

It's hard with Rose because when he's injured I can't help wondering if it could be a mental health thing. Hopefully it's not and he is ready to play again.

I thought he was looking very good before his latest injury. Looking at the struggles replacing Walker, it seems better to reintegrate Rose than find a replacement.

It's hard with Rose because when he's injured I can't help wondering if it could be a mental health thing. Hopefully it's not and he is ready to play again.

I thought he was looking very good before his latest injury. Looking at the struggles replacing Walker, it seems better to reintegrate Rose than find a replacement.

I agree. I’m sure he was really good for England in a game recently too.

As well as Davies has done, if we could unravel the in form Rose again it would help massively.

Chelsea have made their first official approach to Borussia Dortmund to sign USA winger Christian Pulisic, but the German club could demand £70m for the 20-year-old, whose preferred move would be to Liverpool. (Evening Standard)

Arsenal and Tottenham target Adrien Rabiot, 23, has ended new contract talks with Paris St-Germain. The France midfielder wants to leave at the end of the season. (RMC, via Sport)
(linked to Barca yesterday)

Crystal Palace, Bournemouth, West Ham,Saudi Sportswashing Machine and German side Schalke are interested in signing Chelsea's England midfielder Ruben Loftus-Cheek, 22, who admits it is "tough" not being a first-team regular at Stamford Bridge. (Mirror)
I still see echoes of Dembele about him, and wonder what Poch could do with him.

Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham are all interested in Real Madrid and Spain attacking midfielder Isco, 26. (Sun)

Tottenham, Arsenal and Southampton have joined Everton in monitoring RB Salzburg's 19-year-old attacking midfielder Hannes Wolf, who has been likened to Spurs playmaker Christian Eriksen. (Mirror)

We won't and rightly so imo. He is not that good, {edit} n̶o̶ ̶£̶4̶0̶m̶ ̶t̶o̶p̶s̶ . sticking to £35m

Im not convinced we need him, but I do think thats the going rate for a player like him (shocking, I agree) and that we would go to it if we needed him.

He is a player of big potential, already quality, opens up the desired US market - I think we would go for him if we needed an attacking player.

We spent £40m on a rookie defender, is £70m on an attacking player really that impossible to consider?

As ever, much will depend on outgoings (and how much they bring in) but I think the days of us not being willing to spend the right money on the right player are passed. We cant afford to NOT do it when the opportunity arises.

As it is, with Pulisic, I think its moot. We have Moura, Son, Eriksen, Alli... We simply dont need him.

Big money on the like of NDombele or Rabiot though? (or similarly quality CM) I think we will absolutely go for.

We spent £40m on a rookie defender, is £70m on an attacking player really that impossible to consider?

As ever, much will depend on outgoings (and how much they bring in) but I think the days of us not being willing to spend the right money on the right player are passed. We cant afford to NOT do it when the opportunity arises.

As it is, with Pulisic, I think its moot. We have Moura, Son, Eriksen, Alli... We simply dont need him.

Big money on the like of NDombele or Rabiot though? (or similarly quality CM) I think we will absolutely go for.
Agree. Rabiot will be out of contract though so I read? Which means other clubs will blow us out of the water on wages I would have thought. Would love to be proved wrong on that though....

Agree. Rabiot will be out of contract though so I read? Which means other clubs will blow us out of the water on wages I would have thought. Would love to be proved wrong on that though....

Who knows what his priorities are? You never can write one off completely because we just dont know what he is looking for.

We do know we are desperate for quality CM, so he can expect to play. We do know there is a very fast train to take him back to Paris any time he likes. We know we have been courting him for a LONG time, perhaps we have a good relationship? Perhaps he is sold on the "project"? So many factors play into it, we can only wait and see IMO.

Regardless, we are clearly desperate for quality in CM. We seem to have already lost Dembele and Wanyama, and Id happily lose Sissoko* too - which leaves us with Winks and Dier and an enormous gap in the squad.

*Yes, even though he is much improved I just dont think he is good enough. But, even if he were to stay, the point remains we really need to strengthen.

Where you not saying we should pay £40m for Grealish a championship player?

Maddison is probably north of the 25m that was paid now also. Therefore £35m for Pulisic is unrealistic. Especially when other big boys are interested.

And I think that's the main issue. As soon as one for the other top 6 are keen, not only does the price go up, but the wages become an issue.

When was the last time we signed a player where one of the other top 6 clubs were also interested?

Back