• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pre-Season: *** Tottenham Hotspur vs Real Madrid OPSFMT ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premier is an offshoot of Setanta I think. Anyway its on Setanta sports 1 which is a lot easier to locate.

Saw a few people asking about an OMT so here goes...

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Real Madrid
2015 Audi Cup Semi-Final
Allianz Arena
UK Kick Off Time: 5:15pm Tues 4th August

TV: Premier Sports (who?!), Setanta Sports 1 (Most likely quite a few rivers as well).

290px-Tottenham_Hotspur.svg.png
VS
Real-Madrid.png

So, we've all debated the merit of playing *twice* in 24 hours just a few days before our Premier League opener and it does seem to be cutting it fine (Hell, if you believe those ITK we could sign £40m worth of players in that time!), but then it's not every day we get to play Europe's top teams and the mighty Tottenham Hotspur vs Real Madrid is still a prestigious fixture, even if a friendly.

I guess the team we play (and if we get any injuries) will tell us how "worth it" these friends are.

Personally I can only see good things for our younger players such as Kane, Bentley, Rose, Alli, Eriksen etc. to test themselves against the very best. Should also be good for team bonding and helping the new players gel (presuming we avoid a thrashing).

Hopefully we can enjoy it, though difficult to read to much into any result, I guess the main thing is for it to be an entertaining match.

Will also be nice to see Bale run-out against us (and to lesser extent he who doesn't like the Chicken badge).

Tottenham Squad
Michel Vorm
Hugo Lloris
Luke McGee

Kieran Trippier
Kyle Walker
Danny Rose
Ben Davies
Eric Dier
Federico Fazio
Toby Alderweireld
Kevin Wimmer
Jan Vertonghen

Nabil Bentaleb
Ryan Mason
Harry Winks
Dele Alli
Mousa Dembele
Tom Carroll
Josh Onomah
Christian Eriksen
Erik Lamela
Nacer Chadli

Harry Kane

Real Madrid Squad
Goalkeepers: Navas, Casilla, Ruben Yanez
Defenders: Varane, Pepe, Ramos, Nacho, Marcelo Carvajal, Arbeloa, Danilo
Midfielders: Kroos, James, Bale, Casemiro, Modric, Cheryshev, Isco, Illarramendi, Marco Asensio, Odegaard
Forwards: Jese, Lucas Vázquez, Borja Mayoral

The Audi cup in all it's glory....

audi_press730.jpg

Would be a good confidence boost for Kane to grab a goal...

HarryKane.jpg

You're Spurs and you know you are...

article-2629159-1D26C6BE00000578-173_634x409.jpg

Seriously, WTF is that beard :)....

gareth-bale1_3396728b.jpg

I suppose if you are gonna experiment with Alli and Dier as a midfield combination, Real Madrid is a fairly good test.

Alli and Dier CM :) Will be a good test, hopefully Dembele and Eriksen will drop back a lot to help.

No Townsend, Lennon, Ade, Pritchard or Soldado.

townsend does have a shoulder issue apparently and Pritch has an injury too I believe

It is important for us to get a good performance against Real Madrid. Regardless of the result, we really need a convincing performance to bring to our first league match against ManU. I think this match will depends on how players like Kane and Eriksen will play. Hope both will have a good match. It will be a great boost of confidence for Kane if he can score. It will be even better if we can get a result somehow !

Real Madrid starting XI: Kiko Casilla, Varane, Ramos, Danilo, Marcelo, Isco, Kroos, James, Modric, Jese, Bale

Our defence better stop the bad habit of our former players scoring against us. Will be very annoyed if we let Modric and Bale score against us ! Wish Vertonghen and Fazio are starting in this match. Having new players starting in defence against Real is not really a good idea. Both hope they will do well though.

Their Midfield and Attack is crazy. Probably quite important we treat it like a real game - if we just stroll about in the sunshine we could get tonked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back