• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pre Season 2017

Okay it was only a friendly, but at least it was Juventus. Much better performance than I was expecting, and gave me a little more confidence about our chances at Wembley every other week.

The massive blot on the day was obviously Trippier limping off, but this is Spurs, the moment we sold Walker you just knew the most likely candidate to get injured in pre-season was him. And no doubt it will be announced he is out for 4-6 weeks and he ends up being out until Christmas

Sissoko much more suited to wing-back ... I'm sure he filled in at rwb a couple of games last season.
Hmm? I half-jokingly called it in the last game of last season... I said don't worry lads, we'll play Sissoko at right wing back... then as the minutes ticked away I thought "actually this could happen" and then I thought "no way, Poch won't dare" and then... at kick-off... "Oh Dear GHod What Have I Done?" and lo, time runneth on and it shall come to pass, and it came to pass, and it will come to pass again, the blight on our squad hath stain-ed our season once more and locusts shall ravage the corn and frogs shall ravage thine lawn and Sissoko shall ravage thine defensive solidity and yay, he will kick the ball off the pitch and spit down his own shirt

The massive blot on the day was obviously Trippier limping off, but this is Spurs, the moment we sold Walker you just knew the most likely candidate to get injured in pre-season was him. And no doubt it will be announced he is out for 4-6 weeks and he ends up being out until Christmas
Or.... this could be a huge positive assuming Levy feels compelled to buy one of the 2 or 3 right backs we're linked with. But you know what they say about "assume" and Levy...

Hmm? I half-jokingly called it in the last game of last season... I said don't worry lads, we'll play Sissoko at right wing back... then as the minutes ticked away I thought "actually this could happen" and then I thought "no way, Poch won't dare" and then... at kick-off... "Oh Dear GHod What Have I Done?" and lo, time runneth on and it shall come to pass, and it came to pass, and it will come to pass again, the blight on our squad hath stain-ed our season once more and locusts shall ravage the corn and frogs shall ravage thine lawn and Sissoko shall ravage thine defensive solidity and yay, he will kick the ball off the pitch and spit down his own shirt

Leicester away, when we won 6-1, that was the game Sissoko played at rwb, right? Maybe I dreamt it...

Leicester away, when we won 6-1, that was the game Sissoko played at rwb, right? Maybe I dreamt it...
Don't expect me to remember details, all I remember is hatred and knee-jerk brain spasms and heavy drinking and jingoism and a distrust of the French. I still can't believe they won in 98 with such a terrible attack

no you cant. Remember Son in the semi-final?

Just because one player wasn't able to properly fill in at left wing-back against Chelsea doesn't mean that another player can't fill in better at right wing back against less able opponents.

I know I'm sounding like a Sissoko apologist, but enough with putting him down all the time, even when he has a good game like today. He may end up being crucial if he's played at RWB, so let's get behind him, OK?

I think we're all free to speak our opinions on here; in the unlikely event that Moussa Sissoko reads this forum and gets upset, then he needs to toughen up a bit and have a think about his performances. That said, I agree with getting behind the team on the pitch - I'd never boo someone in a Spurs shirt

According to espn account. Late announcement, non-club (run) fixture, remote ground, high prices, late k.o - maybe other reasons. They had better learn for next season, as situation could be the same.

According to espn account. Late announcement, non-club (run) fixture, remote ground, high prices, late k.o - maybe other reasons. They had better learn for next season, as situation could be the same.
We got a fee for turning up right? Don't think he will care about the low attendance, anyone who wants to can get a league ticket these days

We got a fee for turning up right? Don't think he will care about the low attendance, anyone who wants to can get a league ticket these days
But you're forgetting all the "fans" who follow Spurs just so they can moan about something, luckily they still have plenty of topic to hang their hats on.

I know I'm sounding like a Sissoko apologist, but enough with putting him down all the time, even when he has a good game like today. He may end up being crucial if he's played at RWB, so let's get behind him, OK?

I thought Sissoko played well yesterday, and normally would be happy enough if he filled in at RWB. But I think it would be a major mistake to play him v Toon, as they seem to really hate him up there.

The crowd will already be hyped for their Prem return against one of the London 'big boys'. Sissoko on the team sheet could turn it into a hate fest and kicking match. I could easily see us ending up with a suspension/injury in the game as well as a deflating defeat.

We should have brought in another defender and a pacy attacker weeks ago, now we face huge problems.

If Wanyama is out, and a replacement isn't ready from outside, I would go with Toby Jan and Ben at the back and KWP and Georgiou as wingbacks. I don't think they will be defensively exposed playing in those roles and will bring much needed pace to our team. Georgiou has often played LB/LWB and seems to have the temperament that won't be fazed at St James'.

If we go with 4 at the back then I guess it's Dier at RB, and Winks CM. I'm a massive Winks fan, but he doesn't seem right since his injury, so I think we need to go bold and deliver (hopefully :))

I can see a new RB incoming now, but just maybe it is time for KWP to stake a claim for the position! Sometimes life presents you with a chance and it is up to you to take it.

Playing Sissoko at RWB would be a mistake IMO. I don't think he has the tools for job and SJP is not the place to be finding this out, but I guess stranger things have happened.

I thought Sissoko played well yesterday, and normally would be happy enough if he filled in at RWB. But I think it would be a major mistake to play him v Toon, as they seem to really hate him up there.

The crowd will already be hyped for their Prem return against one of the London 'big boys'. Sissoko on the team sheet could turn it into a hate fest and kicking match. I could easily see us ending up with a suspension/injury in the game as well as a deflating defeat.

If they really hate him up there big deal, I guess he will have to wear his big boy pants and man-up. He is on £90K a week so there is no way we should not play him just because they might boo him and call him names. We have a 21 man first team squad and will probably be without Son, KGN, Wanayama, Rose, Trippier and Lamela which is a quarter of our squad so I suggest Sissoko be prepared

If they really hate him up there big deal, I guess he will have to wear his big boy pants and man-up. He is on £90K a week so there is no way we should not play him just because they might boo him and call him names. We have a 21 man first team squad and will probably be without Son, KGN, Wanayama, Rose, Trippier and Lamela which is a quarter of our squad so I suggest Sissoko be prepared
It's not just a case of them booing Sissoko, it's the atmosphere of hate that will be generated against the whole Spurs team. I want a calm as possible not 'extra heated' atmosphere up there. Refs and players are swayed by huge passionate crowds, and I don't want Toon players clattering ours with the ref keeping the red in his pocket. Then one of ours retaliates, and we all know the rest.

It's not just a case of them booing Sissoko, it's the atmosphere of hate that will be generated against the whole Spurs team. I want a calm as possible not 'extra heated' atmosphere up there. Refs and players are swayed by huge passionate crowds, and I don't want Toon players clattering ours with the ref keeping the red in his pocket. Then one of ours retaliates, and we all know the rest.

Well it is not about what you want but rather about the fact that management have so far failed to strengthen our squad and at the same time time sold the best right back in the league while at the same time a quarter of our first team squad will be missing the match due to fitness issues.

Sissoko may not be my favourite player but it is pure stupidity not to pick him because of a frenzied atmosphere. This is professional football mate. I do not remember Wenger not playing Campbell against us because he was afraid of the frenzied atmosphere. Heck I hope Sissoko scores and does an Adebayor running the full length of the pitch to celebrate in front of the them.

Last edited:
Back