• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pre Season 2016

Jordinho

Ron Henry
Staff member
AUSTRALIAN football fans are in for another treat next year with news that European giants Juventus and Tottenham Hotspur will headline the International Champions Cup in Melbourne.

The four-team tournament will also feature A-League champions Melbourne Victory with the final team to be confirmed in February.

The Herald Sun reported that both Juventus and Spurs would bring full-strength squads Down Under for the July football festival, meaning superstars Paul Pogba and Harry Kane will be strutting their stuff in front of what are sure to be packed houses.

“The best of the best will be coming down here again and we’re really delighted to have convinced them to come to Melbourne,’’ said tournament organiser Bart Campbell, chairman of TLA Worldwide.

The tournament will kick off on July 23 at the Melbourne Cricket Ground with a showdown between Juventus and Victory.

Real Madrid, Emirates Marketing Project and Roma played in this year’s ICC tournament.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/footbal...ions-cup-in-2016/story-e6frf423-1227664196409

Blimey bit early to be announcing that isn't it?

Nothing to play for after the Saudi Sportswashing Machine defeat, so not that early. :p

Also, seeing Spurs live at the BMO Field in 2014 was one of the absolute highlights of that year for me, but now that they're going to a faraway country I don't live in, I have absolutely no hesitation in saying that it's a money-making venture that only detracts from the fitness of our side in July and that we'd be better served playing Accrington Stanley at home. :)

There is a good chance that It will not be a full strength side, has a lot of players will be at the euros.

It will highlight that tournaments can be played in Australia in summer ..... so unlike Qatar !

-------------Vorm/McGee

Trippier--2CV--Maghoma--Walkes

----------Bentaleb--Winks

Lamela-----Eriksen----Son

------------Njie

Our strongest side excluding players who will be at the Euros.

Blimey bit early to be announcing that isn't it?

Was thinking the same. I think it is not logic to think about the pre-season when the season is still long way to go. Hope the players won't have the same mentality and start thinking about their holiday plans already.

-------------Vorm/McGee

------------Njie

Walkes - primarily a right-footed centre mid is a bit of a strange choice. I suspect Ogilvie(an actual left back) and KWP(comfortable switching sides) would make the trip, Ball would also be ahead of Maghoma. Don't think Mason will make the England squad either.

How the fcuk are they charging $200 (hundred quid) a ticket for a pre season friendly featuring no European internationals??!

Why won't there be any European internationals? European Championships finish on July 10, first of these games is on July 26. I guess it's possible those key players might still be having a break, but this would be pre-season games.

Edit:
I do agree though, $200 is outrageous.

Why won't there be any European internationals? European Championships finish on July 10, first of these games is on July 26. I guess it's possible those key players might still be having a break, but this would be pre-season games.

Edit:
I do agree though, $200 is outrageous.

There are rules about how much time players have to be given off after tournaments - it's why Sanchez missed the start of arsenals season last year IIRC

I thought it was 4 weeks but don't quote me on that

Just checked and Sanchez came on as a sub in the first game of the season and started in their second.

-------------Vorm/McGee

------------Njie

You think Rose and Mason will make the England squad? Personally I think Rose should have had a chance by now, but cant see it happening.

Back