• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pre Season 2013

I personally rate Benny higher than Rose. Rose is good going forward but is a red card waiting to happen at the back.

Better at getting around the outside than Ekotto and probably a better crosser. Not a patch on Ekotto when on the ball under a bit of pressure or when passing the ball though.

What annoyed me the most was the singing, why do we always sign stand up if you ate arse, it sound bad when we don't play them and worst in a friendly game.

The singing was not good today. And the stand up song is neanderthal.

But I go rarely so I don't know what the regulars like to sing about.

Hudd can pick a pass, now and then. But he's being sold. Carroll can pick a pass too, but he's been demoted to the u14s.

My GHod Rossi, cheer up! I know for a fact, Carroll ASKED to play in the U21's last night. And I was also there to watch him run the game.

do some of you actually think AVB thinks to himself.. "oh, we're not very creative are we, oh well. I'm sure it'll tinkle off the Spurs fans"

My GHod Rossi, cheer up! I know for a fact, Carroll ASKED to play in the U21's last night. And I was also there to watch him run the game.

Cheers for the info rich.

Shows a pretty good attitude from Carroll, preferring to play a full game of fairly competitive football to getting 15-20 minutes at most towards the end of a friendly that would be a lot higher profile, but perhaps not do much for his development.

I hope he gets more game time this season, he has something about him.

What annoyed me the most was the singing, why do we always sign stand up if you ate arse, it sound bad when we don't play them and worst in a friendly game.

There was one attempt of Stand up if you love Tottenham from the 1882 lot, but it died on its arse. A real shame.

that some people tend to think AVB wouldnt see the same weaknesses in our side that the fans do.

It's one thing seeing but it's another thing to actually address it. He can see our weaknesses all he wants but if he doesn't do something to actually address it...well there's no point seeing it then.

BRVVO6MCAAEKFnh.jpg:large

Cheers for the info rich.

Shows a pretty good attitude from Carroll, preferring to play a full game of fairly competitive football to getting 15-20 minutes at most towards the end of a friendly that would be a lot higher profile, but perhaps not do much for his development.

I hope he gets more game time this season, he has something about him.

Yeah, really great attitude from the kid. I guess his chances this season will depend on what happens with Huddlestone. I think a loan move to Southampton or maybe Palace would be good for him.

Just saying what I see. I think this is a potentially disastrous window and I'm not convinced that any of the four new signings were the right players to bring in. I'd like to see Carroll and Townsend in the team but I doubt they'll get a fair chance. Would liked to have kept Caulker too - Spurs youth represent :cool:

It's one thing seeing but it's another thing to actually address it. He can see our weaknesses all he wants but if he doesn't do something to actually address it...well there's no point seeing it then.

You don't think our signings this summer have addressed at least some of our most obvious weaknesses?

A mixed bag today in terms of the football; some strong positives and some sloppiness as well. The importance of our keeping Bale hung heavy in the air for me. If we sell him now (even more so in a Levy time deadline day autoasphyxiation special), it'll be like falling asleep to words of love, then waking up to find someone bricking in your mouth.

I don't, bar perhaps Soldado, but then we shouldn't be spending £26m on a 28yr old, especially if Bale's going. Considering we seem intent on filling the team with 6ft5 monsters I'm surprised we didn't just put down the £25m for Benteke, at least he's got a decade ahead of him.

Yes i think they've addressed some.

As do I.

I also think that both the new signings and the transfer team that brought them in deserve a bit more than 60 minutes in a friendly to prove themselves before people start judging if our problem areas remain unimproved.

I think both Paulinho and Chadli seem quite creative actually.

I am concerned that we defend set pieces little better than a pub team & and I worry that Walker & rose will give away lots of needless free kicks..... Rose in particular needs to stay on his feet more and Walker as we know can have brainfarts.

aside from this I saw a lot of positives, Soldado's movement was perhaps the pick for me, Chadli showed some nice touches & auny Pauline looks like he will be an amazing all rounder...... Siggy was important today...some of his decision making worried me....im sure that if VDV was just behind the striker today then we would have had 3 goals in some of the situations we were in.

so:

need to work on set piece defending (bit shambolic)
Defo need a centre back - big presence
Siggy needs to make better decisions - (worried though as this is something you cant teach....footie intelligence)

Hope Palace are a little out of sorts as we have some way to go ....Kabs & Sandro need easing in for a good month or so and peoples comments of the clever AMF are starting to look justified.

Great the season has not yet started and the moaning has begun, I really don't know why these people bother supporting such a tinkle poor team run by a bunch of idiots, I'm sure there are much better teams they could follow. I know Stop! Hammer time but it's the usual suspects every time, just so negative. I'll now sit back and wait for the abuse (sorry informed debate).

Better at getting around the outside than Ekotto and probably a better crosser. Not a patch on Ekotto when on the ball under a bit of pressure or when passing the ball though.

This one of the reasons AVB doesnt fancy BAE. We are not gonna be playing a left footed left winger very often, so we need our left back to overlap better than BAE is able to.

Back