• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Post transfer window, best starting XI (and bench)

Lloris
Dier Alderweireld Vertonghen Rose
Eriksen Dembele Alli Son
Janssen Llorente

442. Defenders who can defend. Knock it long to the two big lads. Two players out wide who can cross it to the two big lads. A central midfielder that can score you 10+ goals a season in the Robson mold.

Lloris
Dier Alderweireld Vertonghen Rose
Eriksen Dembele Alli Son
Janssen Llorente

442. Defenders who can defend. Knock it long to the two big lads. Two players out wide who can cross it to the two big lads. A central midfielder that can score you 10+ goals a season in the Robson mold.
You are Ossie Ardiles, and I claim my £5.

I still think the signings of Foyth and Gazziniga (instead of, say, Lopez) are very odd, given that our priority was said to have been "a pacy wing-forward type."

Janssen leaving maybe puts another slant on things and of what the plans were, but for the first time a click bait article about some random young south American player "being targeted by Spurs" actually turned out to be true!:confused:

Thought I'd go back here for a moment.

Watching us play the CL champions, Llorente, Sanchez, Aurier all played significant parts, and last year's "flop" Sissoko ran himself into the ground.

Actually think this might have been one of our better transfer windows.

Thought I'd go back here for a moment.

Watching us play the CL champions, Llorente, Sanchez, Aurier all played significant parts, and last year's "flop" Sissoko ran himself into the ground.

Actually think this might have been one of our better transfer windows.

Good point. Aurier for his faults is still a hell of a wing back. Sanchez is a beast of a defender with pace. Llorente is doing what we bought him for but will get his main chances in the league cup.

Sissoko is beginning to look the player we thought we'd bought. Excited to see how he develops further.

So, best XI then? Our players are so competitive now, and our squad so deep, that it probably depends on the game and the opponent. Still, I would reckon: Lloris; Trippier, Sanchez, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose; Dier, Dembele; Eriksen, Alli; Kane.
Bench: Vorm, Aurier, Davies, Wanyama, Winks, Lamela, Son, Sissoko, Llorente

So, best XI then? Our players are so competitive now, and our squad so deep, that it probably depends on the game and the opponent. Still, I would reckon: Lloris; Trippier, Sanchez, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose; Dier, Dembele; Eriksen, Alli; Kane.
Bench: Vorm, Aurier, Davies, Wanyama, Winks, Lamela, Son, Sissoko, Llorente
Tripps' form has been decidedly meh so far this season so despite his tendency to reckless challenges - I'm sure Poch will quickly sort that out - I'd go with Aurier at RWB.

Also, alongside Dembele I'd prefer a fit and in-form Wanyama to Dier.

Lloris
Sanchez Alderweireld Vertonghen
Wanyama Dembele
Aurier Eriksen Rose
Alli
Kane

Back