• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Poll: Which of the following was your best win Best win under Juande Ramos?

Vote for your favourite win under Juande Ramos (the last Tottenham coach to win a trophy...)

• Chelsea League Cup Final Feb 2008

Votes: 48 78.7%
  • Home League cup semi-final 2nd leg vs Arsenal 5-1, Jan 2008

Votes: 13 21.3%
  • Away League cup vs Emirates Marketing Project 2-0 Dec 2007

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Home EL vs Aalborg 3-2, Nov 2007

• Home PL vs Wigan 4-0, Nov 2007 (first official home PL game)

• Home PL vs Fulham 5-1, Boxing day 2007

• Home PL vs Reading 6-4, Dec 2007

• Away PL vs Derby 3-0, Jan 2008

• Home PL vs West Ham 4-0, March 2008

• Away league cup vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine 2-1, September 2008

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Can only be the Carling Cup Final, the semi was great but as in 2002, if you go on and lose the final it somewhat diminishes it and makes you feel like what was it for.

That Chelsea game is one of my favourite ever victories, we beat a rival team we had a poor record against in a cup final, when they must have been huge favourites. Was a shame we pretty much phoned it in after that and then lost our stiike partnership domestically. Yet apparently winning something is the be all and end all for players happiness and for judging a managers effectiveness.

He wasn’t all bad was he? A way better list than Jol’s.
The Martin Jol era was about making the club feel good about itself again. It's why he is remembered with so much affection. Ramos, for a while at least, built on Jol's success and made us fitter and more steely which is why we won the trophy. Then for reasons I am still unclear it went wrong. Poch in many ways combines the best elements of both. He will win a trophy eventually.

The Martin Jol era was about making the club feel good about itself again. It's why he is remembered with so much affection. Ramos, for a while at least, built on Jol's success and made us fitter and more steely which is why we won the trophy. Then for reasons I am still unclear it went wrong. Poch in many ways combines the best elements of both. He will win a trophy eventually.
I have it on good authority that he really only cared about Europe, he would go home (spain) and only be in one day before the game. He had no interest in learning better English.

I have it on good authority that he really only cared about Europe, he would go home (spain) and only be in one day before the game. He had no interest in learning better English.
Didn't Ledley say they were only briefed on tactics for cup games (i.e. took these games seriously), and nothing for league games, or something like that.

Didn't Ledley say they were only briefed on tactics for cup games (i.e. took these games seriously), and nothing for league games, or something like that.
Think he rested Ledley for Prem to save him for UEFA cup in the following season too? Think he was always going to struggle without Berbatov and Kane regardless of how he prioritised games. Seem to remember him pulling a few surprises tactically - Zokora at centre back??!

Think he rested Ledley for Prem to save him for UEFA cup in the following season too? Think he was always going to struggle without Berbatov and Kane regardless of how he prioritised games. Seem to remember him pulling a few surprises tactically - Zokora at centre back??!
Yes in a few games if I remember, alongside Michael Dawson.

Back