• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Poll: What was the worst performance under Mauricio Pochettino?

What was the worst performance under Mauricio Pochettino?

• 1-2 vs Burnley Feb 2019

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1-4 vs Emirates Marketing Project Dec 2017

• 2-3 vs West Ham Oct 2017 (League Cup)

• 0-1 vs West Ham May 2017

• 0-3 vs Stoke May 2015

• 0-1 Vs Aston Villa April 2015

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As a pure performance Brighton.

Worst performance because of Poch, numerous cup games we played decently but lost due to bad decisions by Poch e.g. Son at left full in semi final

Biggest game in our history and the players apart from 2 decided to not turn up
Pathetic
It was a tight match. And if you take away the penalty we were actually slightly better than Pool. Of course it didn't feel that way, but that doesn't change the fact that we were and they scored from a ridiculous penalty and a low percentage shot at the endupload_2020-10-11_6-44-7.png

Just thought of another dog display. Bournemouth away. 0-1. Son sent off for retaliating. Foyth bought on at half time was dismissed only a few minutes later for a stupidly rash challenge leaving us to play virtually the whole of the second half with nine men. We defended valiantly only to concede to a Nathan Age header from a corner in the dying seconds. brick all round.

I was happy when they got relegated last season because of that match and I developed an instant dislike for Lerma. That dude is a grade B+ clam IMHO.

It was a tight match. And if you take away the penalty we were actually slightly better than Pool. Of course it didn't feel that way, but that doesn't change the fact that we were and they scored from a ridiculous penalty and a low percentage shot at the endView attachment 9629

of course we were better them, they were brick and managed by a simpleton

yet we still fudged it up

origi scored FFS

It was a tight match. And if you take away the penalty we were actually slightly better than Pool. Of course it didn't feel that way, but that doesn't change the fact that we were and they scored from a ridiculous penalty and a low percentage shot at the endView attachment 9629
We were slightly better than a Victim side that played terribly.

If we'd even half-arsed it we could have won easily.

By the way, the 2-7 against Bayern was not a bad performance. They just had ridiculous finishing that day. If you simulated that game 10,000 times us winning 7-2 would have been more likely than them winning 7-2. One of those fluke games.

By the way, the 2-7 against Bayern was not a bad performance. They just had ridiculous finishing that day. If you simulated that game 10,000 times us winning 7-2 would have been more likely than them winning 7-2. One of those fluke games.

Yeah, we should have been out in front at half time iirc and then second half everything they hit seemed to go in

Yeah, I said in the match thread at HT that I expected us to win it.

If we cant have the CL Final. Then I will plump for Saudi Sportswashing Machine away 5-1 on the final day 5. How we never even finished 2nd that season I will never know. To get pumped by them with 10 men as well, shocking

If we cant have the CL Final. Then I will plump for Saudi Sportswashing Machine away 5-1 on the final day 5. How we never even finished 2nd that season I will never know. To get pumped by them with 10 men as well, shocking
So bad we made Sissoko look good.

origi scored FFS

They finished 26 points above us for a reason though. You won’t like hearing this but they were and are still a better team than us with a better manager. Not to mention it was our first final and Liverpool’s ninth so they have plenty of experience of being in the CL as a club. Don’t forget they reached the final 12 months earlier too so they even had recent experience to draw from there too. I realise Klopp’s record in finals overall isn’t great but he’s won them against Bayern Munich and he’s won league titles so he does at least have some experience of winning things.

They finished 26 points above us for a reason though. You won’t like hearing this but they were and are still a better team than us with a better manager. Not to mention it was our first final and Liverpool’s ninth so they have plenty of experience of being in the CL as a club. Don’t forget they reached the final 12 months earlier too so they even had recent experience to draw from there too. I realise Klopp’s record in finals overall isn’t great but he’s won them against Bayern Munich and he’s won league titles so he does at least have some experience of winning things.

I used to think your username was related to Klinsmann, now I know better fanboy ;)

Also, yes they lost the final before, they got absolutely battered by a team who we had absolutely battered in the group stage.

I used to think your username was related to Klinsmann, now I know better fanboy ;)

Also, yes they lost the final before, they got absolutely battered by a team who we had absolutely battered in the group stage.
One-off games can happen like that

It wasn't our first XI, I'll give him that. Still, the cup exit to League 2 Colchester wasn't exactly the highlight of his managerial career.

origi scored FFS

:D:D

The 2018 final was decided by two massive howlers from Karius from memory. And Sergio Ramos being Sergio Ramos and breaking an opponent’s arm. They had a proper keeper when we played them unfortunately. They identified two problem areas in their team and upgraded them. Everyone laughed at the amount of money they spent at the time IIRC.

:D:D

The 2018 final was decided by two massive howlers from Karius from memory. And Sergio Ramos being Sergio Ramos and breaking an opponent’s arm. They had a proper keeper when we played them unfortunately. They identified two problem areas in their team and upgraded them. Everyone laughed at the amount of money they spent at the time IIRC.

Nah, it was decided by the best player in the world, I wonder who he plays for now.

Back