• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Poll: What was the best performance under Mauricio Pochettino?

What was the best performance under Mauricio Pochettino?

• 3-4 vs Emirates Marketing Project, brave shambles April 2019 (champs League, 2nd leg)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3-1 vs Chelsea April 2018

• 2-0 vs Emirates Marketing Project Oct 2016

• 2-1 vs Emirates Marketing Project Feb 2016

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Someone suggested the Watford away 2-1 when sonny scored very late with a goal they thought shouldn’t have stood
I was at that game with 7 other mates (I used a box holder I knew to get tickets) and it was quality
The game was tighter than it should have been but the result was great

I was also at Swansea when We came back win. That was brilliant game but letting them take the lead meant not a brilliant performance I guess

Jesus, that Swansea one was something else. The frustration at being 1-0 down heading to injury time while we were chasing the league was unreal. Then the sort of comeback that we don't usually do. Magical.

Jesus, that Swansea one was something else. The frustration at being 1-0 down heading to injury time while we were chasing the league was unreal. Then the sort of comeback that we don't usually do. Magical.
Yeah I ruined a good suit that night
I was the only guy in the ground dressed smart (came from an work meeting in Swansea)
I have a video of me going mental with a LOT of swearing

The 4-1 battering of Liverpool at Wembley.

This was my personal favourite too. We really tore them one. And I was there to witness it.

Another memorable game for me was the 5-1 win at Bournemouth. I had started the OMT after a dodgy run of results for us and we went 0-1 early doors. However, our subsequent fightback and excellent result set us on a successful run of games. I also recall it was on the 15th of the month and my brother (who is a keen Cherries fan) often bets on the date as the score. Luckily for him he does it both ways - so he at least picked up a fair amount of dosh that day!

Last edited:
I went with the Real Madrid game, to see us doing that to the reigning CL champions with a side that included arguably the best player of all time in front of a full Wembley.

However, there were a few performances in the last season at The Lane, which we were completely unplayable. West Brom really sticks out, I was sitting in the West Lower very near the front near the away bench. I remember Tony Pulis speaking to crowd and complementing the team and calling their captain over and both agreeing it didn’t matter what they did they couldn’t stop us.

Watford at home that season too, sticks out as another where scoring 4 was disappointing!

I went with the Real Madrid game, to see us doing that to the reigning CL champions with a side that included arguably the best player of all time in front of a full Wembley.

However, there were a few performances in the last season at The Lane, which we were completely unplayable. West Brom really sticks out, I was sitting in the West Lower very near the front near the away bench. I remember Tony Pulis speaking to crowd and complementing the team and calling their captain over and both agreeing it didn’t matter what they did they couldn’t stop us.

Watford at home that season too, sticks out as another where scoring 4 was disappointing!

I was at the Madrid game too, I’m pretty sure Bale didn’t actually play.

This is a much happier and much more difficult poll.
There was a glorious period of games where we seemed to coast on an air of confidence and it felt that we were going to play well and probably win each game by more than a single goal.

A couple of games I loved - though not the very top options - are the ones against Hull and Leicester at the end of the 16/17 season and we just battered them. Proper party feel.

There was a glorious period of games where we seemed to coast on an air of confidence and it felt that we were going to play well and probably win each game by more than a single goal.

A couple of games I loved - though not the very top options - are the ones against Hull and Leicester at the end of the 16/17 season and we just battered them. Proper party feel.
I was at the Leicester one and we’re about 8 rows form the front... everything we scored some idiot in front kept on trying to put up this tatty old flag.. when we scored the 5th we just jumped into it which seemed like a great idea until we lost our mate who was kinda smothered and slightly suffocating wrapped up in it..​

The game where we beat everton 4-0 at home whilst playing at wembley sticks in my mind. Just suck good football and that flowing passing goal that ended with Eriksen scoring. Not the most important game. Not the most important opponent but some liquid football was played that day.

I picked the win over Madrid due to the opponent and competition from the poll.

I think one of the games where we really were impressive was the 2-0 win at home to City. We could've won by a much larger margin. City were flying, had only won for 10 straight games or something, and we just completely overwhelmed them in that game. High pressing at its finest, and we played the ball around the park like we were toying with them.

Hard to point out just one game though, obviously. We were excellent for most of the 16/17 season.

Those two, absolutely. But almost all of the games in the 16/17 season could have been contenders - have never been as happy or as confident before games as I was then.

I've gone with the 2-0 against Chelsea in January 2017. The most *memorable* performance under Poch was the Ajax game - of course it was, couldn't have been anything else imo. But it wasn't a great performance - in fact, it was frequently shambolic, like most of our performances from the beginning of 2019 (and probably from 2018 itself).

The 2-0 win against Chelsea, though, was absolutely a fantastic performance. We stopped Conte's steamroller of a Chelsea side cold, and absolutely whalloped them all across the field. Every Spurs player was superior to their Chelsea counterpart, and in the end Conte was lucky it was only 2-0. Really outlined that the title race that season was going to be with us and Chelsea in the box seats.

Back