• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Poll: What was the best performance under Mauricio Pochettino?

What was the best performance under Mauricio Pochettino?

• 3-4 vs Emirates Marketing Project, brave shambles April 2019 (champs League, 2nd leg)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3-1 vs Chelsea April 2018

• 2-0 vs Emirates Marketing Project Oct 2016

• 2-1 vs Emirates Marketing Project Feb 2016

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That 2-1 against Watford in 2017 comes to mind where we were just relentless in pursuing the victory.

6fe.jpg

Madrid (believe they were CL champions at the time), PL games would never be at that level, and while the Ajax game was more memorable in the end, it really was only the end of the game.

To me, that is the game we should have found our belief ...

Never forget our last game at the Lane, beating Utd is always a big day for me but this was special with all than went on during the game and after. The singing and cheering was immense.
Towards the end of that season, there were about five games that I thought would be my last at the Lane, each time taking it all in and standing looking at the place long after the stands were empty. They all seemed pretty special and we looked unbeatable (which we were at home).

Towards the end of that season, there were about five games that I thought would be my last at the Lane, each time taking it all in and standing looking at the place long after the stands were empty. They all seemed pretty special and we looked unbeatable (which we were at home).

I understand why you did that, i love the new ground but it will never take the place in my heart that the Lane had. From my first time as a kid back in the early 60's there have been so many great memories of trips/games that will never leave me. I am not ashamed to admit there were tears in my eyes after the last game.

Madrid for me. We truly arrived during that game. When the third went in I honestly had flashbacks to the previous 25 years of where we'd been and back to where we were in that moment.

Also this:

Emirates Marketing Project at home 2016 2-0 gets my vote. Dominant performance against a strong team.

WBA at home 4-0 in 2017 also deserves a shout given how many problems WBA have given us since forever.

I'm gone for 2-0 v Chelsea in Jan 17. Thought we were outstanding that evening given how well they were playing at the time. Hadn't they won some crazy amount of games on the bounce? Normally watching Spurs, I'm a wreck no matter the score. Even last Sunday, at 4-1 up against 10 men, I was imagining all sorts.

I remember watching that evening and knowing at 2-0 up with 15 or 20 to go that we weren't going to concede. We were so well organised. They just weren't getting past a peak Toby and Jan particularly when we had Dembele and Wanyama in front of them. Big game, big performance.

Same here, I got to Liverpool, Hull, Burnley, West Brom, Stoke. I remember hedging my bets as to which of the last two games at the Lane I should try for in the members ballot. I opted for the NL derby as I thought Utd on the last day would be well over subscribed. So my last one was 2-0 against the Goons, who we steam rollered that day. I stayed in the ground until the Stewards chucked me out!

There are a lot TBF
I could argue that some of the less glamourous ones were great performances
Poch never lost to a newly promoted side I believe until wolves at home. That alone was kinda unique for us
He also had an amazing record over Christmas and the Chelsea 5-3 was a New Years game wasn’t it
Some tough choices but it has to be a game at our own ground

I’ll add that Dortmund away in the CL, even their fans were saying how good we were

There are a lot TBF
I could argue that some of the less glamourous ones were great performances
Poch never lost to a newly promoted side I believe until wolves at home. That alone was kinda unique for us
He also had an amazing record over Christmas and the Chelsea 5-3 was a New Years game wasn’t it
Some tough choices but it has to be a game at our own ground

I’ll add that Dortmund away in the CL, even their fans were saying how good we were

I remember a 4-0 v Bournemouth at home in 2017. And at the time I remember thinking beforehand, I can't wait to enjoy us hammering Bournemouth. We were just invincible at home. Had the same feeling watching us batter Milwall in the Cup that year in Warsaw with my mates. Against any team that wasn't as good as us, we were just steamrollering them. And we were steamrollering some of the top sides too. It felt like it would go on forever, that Poch had changed us and he'd be our Fergie or Wenger. Great times. Great manager and great man.

The Dortmund away game I remember Hugo pulling off some incredible saves. It's a game with strong memories for me. I watched it on my own that evening after being told my mother only had days to live. The scream I let out when Harry scored contained a lot more than joy that we were going through. It's amazing how football becomes more than just a game and this club becomes more than just a club,

I remember a 4-0 v Bournemouth at home in 2017. And at the time I remember thinking beforehand, I can't wait to enjoy us hammering Bournemouth. We were just invincible at home. Had the same feeling watching us batter Milwall in the Cup that year in Warsaw with my mates. Against any team that wasn't as good as us, we were just steamrollering them. And we were steamrollering some of the top sides too. It felt like it would go on forever, that Poch had changed us and he'd be our Fergie or Wenger. Great times. Great manager and great man.

The Dortmund away game I remember Hugo pulling off some incredible saves. It's a game with strong memories for me. I watched it on my own that evening after being told my mother only had days to live. The scream I let out when Harry scored contained a lot more than joy that we were going through. It's amazing how football becomes more than just a game and this club becomes more than just a club,
Someone suggested the Watford away 2-1 when sonny scored very late with a goal they thought shouldn’t have stood
I was at that game with 7 other mates (I used a box holder I knew to get tickets) and it was quality
The game was tighter than it should have been but the result was great

I was also at Swansea when We came back win. That was brilliant game but letting them take the lead meant not a brilliant performance I guess

Back