• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics

Funny how this lot who have resigned will all call for a 'People's Vote' because the facts have changed -- yet they won't give another vote to their constituents (by calling a by-election) now that the facts have changed for them (i.e. they were voted in on a Labour platform and now no longer stand on one).

That's not why they are leaving though. There could be the same number of anti-semitic cranks in the Labour Party but if the leadership was politically aligned with these politicians, they (as in the politicians who have resigned) would still be there. Why is Jon Lansman supported by the left but Berger not? They are both Jewish. The chair of Berger's CLP is Jewish, but he was against her. Is it because he, as a Jewish man, hates Jews?

It can be acknowledged that there is a problem with a number of cranks (small in the context of an organisation with over 500k members) that hasn't been dealt with properly, whilst at the same time acknowledging that said problem has been amplified and used by those with a different political agenda for political purposes. No amount of pearl clutching will change that simple fact.
The problem is clearly endemic in the party - that was clear from their attempts to rewrite what is considered anti-semitic speech. They failed, repeatedly, to properly deal with anti-semitism within the party because there's clearly no will to do so.

It's clearly far more important to push the communist and anti-Israel agenda than it is to promote equality.

The problem is clearly endemic in the party - that was clear from their attempts to rewrite what is considered anti-semitic speech. They failed, repeatedly, to properly deal with anti-semitism within the party because there's clearly no will to do so.

It's clearly far more important to push the communist and anti-Israel agenda than it is to promote equality.

Not true. It doesn't matter how many times you say it. It's disingenuous to pretend that it is, the same as it's disingenuous of others to pretend that there is no problem at all. Clearly there have been a number of cranks who have not been dealt with as they should have been, and that's a legitimate concern. To pretend that Labour is now some big anti-Jewish parade is just nonsense -- you laughably complain of others who treat politics like supporting a football team and fail to see that in yourself.

Surely not on day 1 of the new, great, anti-racist party?!

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...abour-mps-set-to-quit-the-party-politics-live

Angela Smith has apologised for comments she made during a TV debate about racism.

Appearing on the BBC’s Politics Live programme today, Smith appeared to talk about people being a “funny tinge”. “The recent history of the party I’ve just left suggested it’s not just about being black or a funny tin ... you know, a different... from the BAME community,” she said.

In a video statement, Smith said: “I’ve seen the clip from Politics Live. I’m very sorry about any offence caused and I’m very upset that I misspoke so badly. It’s not what I am. I am committed to fighting racism wherever I find it in our society.”

So people who aren't white are a "funny tinge"? Surely a party where 14% of the sitting MPs make such remarks can no longer continue (etc.)

Good to see the famous centrist competence shining through on day 1.

Not true. It doesn't matter how many times you say it. It's disingenuous to pretend that it is, the same as it's disingenuous of others to pretend that there is no problem at all. Clearly there have been a number of cranks who have not been dealt with as they should have been, and that's a legitimate concern. To pretend that Labour is now some big anti-Jewish parade is just nonsense -- you laughably complain of others who treat politics like supporting a football team and fail to see that in yourself.
If it weren't an endemic problem there would not have been a failure to deal with it. If the communist/anti-Israeli cause were less important than equality then they would all have been removed from the party quickly and without fuss.

I really think MPs that resign or are fired from their party should automatically be made to fight a by-election. My MP was disgraced and sacked from his party, and has basically gone AWOL for the past 2 years, yet there's no right of recall.
That would be a very simple method by which extremists like Corbyn could force control of their party. I don't see that having a good outcome.

Funny how this lot who have resigned will all call for a 'People's Vote' because the facts have changed -- yet they won't give another vote to their constituents (by calling a by-election) now that the facts have changed for them (i.e. they were voted in on a Labour platform and now no longer stand on one).

And as a grouping, rather than a political party, they don't have to declare their financial backers. So potentially funded by dodgy offshore Illuminati money

Surely not on day 1 of the new, great, anti-racist party?!

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...abour-mps-set-to-quit-the-party-politics-live

Angela Smith has apologised for comments she made during a TV debate about racism.

Appearing on the BBC’s Politics Live programme today, Smith appeared to talk about people being a “funny tinge”. “The recent history of the party I’ve just left suggested it’s not just about being black or a funny tin ... you know, a different... from the BAME community,” she said.

In a video statement, Smith said: “I’ve seen the clip from Politics Live. I’m very sorry about any offence caused and I’m very upset that I misspoke so badly. It’s not what I am. I am committed to fighting racism wherever I find it in our society.”

So people who aren't white are a "funny tinge"? Surely a party where 14% of the sitting MPs make such remarks can no longer continue (etc.)

Good to see the famous centrist competence shining through on day 1.

THIS IS FUKKING HILARIOUS!!!!

And as a grouping, rather than a political party, they don't have to declare their financial backers. So potentially funded by dodgy offshore Illuminati money
They don't have to. But they have committed to. Doing otherwise would undermine their credibility.

To note; Gavin Shuker has just said anti semitism was a big driver and cited Corbyn sitting in a meeting and seeing an extreme anti Semitic incident, but did nothing

Or fired for conduct reasons specifically (rather than lack of ideological purity). My MP was actually sacked for being misogynistic and homophobic

Your MP was/is O'Mara, right? (I think I have his name right). Clearly unfit to be an MP, I don't see why constituents should be lumbered with someone once the MP has changed the platform they stood on or has showed themselves to be unfit. This lot are all for a 2nd referendum, but don't want to burden their own electorate with any by-elections. How nice of them.

IIRC, yougov polled labour voters and just 6% of them voted with the MP as the primary concern for their vote (mostly, Labour voters voted for the manifesto). I will have to dig out that link.

Or fired for conduct reasons specifically (rather than lack of ideological purity). My MP was actually sacked for being misogynistic and homophobic
I don't think we should trust the word of extremists when they tell us their reasoning for culling moderates from the party.

Your MP was/is O'Mara, right? (I think I have his name right). Clearly unfit to be an MP, I don't see why constituents should be lumbered with someone once the MP has changed the platform they stood on or has showed themselves to be unfit. This lot are all for a 2nd referendum, but don't want to burden their own electorate with any by-elections. How nice of them.

IIRC, yougov polled labour voters and just 6% of them voted with the MP as the primary concern for their vote (mostly, Labour voters voted for the manifesto). I will have to dig out that link.

Yes - O'Mara unfortunately.

Just some general right of recall, if say 30% (a level high enough that it would need not just partisan support) of those on the electoral register sign a petition, would be good.

I don't think that London constituency can even get rid of their MP who is in prison at the moment

I know Honda have moved other production back to their Japanese plants. The HRV for Europe was made in Mexico, for example, but is now made in Japan.

Not having a fudging clue what Brexit will actually be won't help anyone of course, but I think they're probably trying to use home capacity too.

I know Honda have moved other production back to their Japanese plants. The HRV for Europe was made in Mexico, for example, but is now made in Japan.

Not having a fudging clue what Brexit will actually be won't help anyone of course, but I think they're probably trying to use home capacity too.

Been 6 years in the making really

Back