• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics

The short political declaration already said the foundation would be the customs union, which is BINO. The deal is basically EEA without FoM

Tariffs aren't everything. Single market participation is what counts, and without FoM we don't get to an acceptable BRINO. All the customs union piece does is make Fox redundant - and take away all the trade-based justifications for the exercise.

John McDonnell believes his party could form the next government without an election if Theresa May fails to get her Brexit withdrawal agreement through the Commons vote next month.

Speaking at a Reuters event in London, he admitted it was "difficult to see" how Labour could secure a general election - despite it being his party's line over Brexit for some time - as it would require two-thirds of MPs to back it under the Fixed Term Parliament Act.

But he said: "My own view is we haven't explored sufficiently, neither has the media, these concepts, the constitution, our custom and practice.

"If it's a minority government and they can't obtain a majority in parliament, usually it's then the right, the duty of the Monarch to offer to the Opposition the opportunity to form a government and that would be a minority government and see if they can secure a majority in parliament.

"I think we can secure a majority in parliament for some of the proposals we're putting forward."

He added: "Failing that I think a general election is the route we need, and obviously, if we can't secure that then a further referendum."

Senior Conservative backbencher Sir Bernard Jenkin has confirmed he will vote against Theresa May's deal.

Speaking to the Institute for Government, the Brexiteer said he would "vote against the deal as it is", adding that no-deal is "absolutely" a better outcome for the UK.

"Actually, the effects on trade would be pretty marginal," he added.

"The idea that a customs union is somehow an optimal trading relationship is a myth we have to bust."

Leaves lit paper bag full of brick and runs...

Tariffs aren't everything. Single market participation is what counts, and without FoM we don't get to an acceptable BRINO. All the customs union piece does is make Fox redundant - and take away all the trade-based justifications for the exercise.

A customs union also kills off renationalisation, cancelling PFIs, innovative use of VAT, a planned economy. It basically kills off economic sovereignty too.

It's not about apportioning blame.

I agree the cycle needs to be broken, but I don't think the answer is to cut people out.

Carrot and stick.

The stick is we stop them having kids and wasting more of tax payers money.

Want to clarify the sterilisation programme should just be for the dossers.

Euthanasia should be made legal for people to end their life's humanely, with proper checks to be made to make sure vulnerable people are not taken advantage of.

The only checks you need on the dossers is did their parents work, do they have criminal records, do they watch ITV. We did it to Columbo our bassest hound and after a couple of days he could not have been happier, licks us now instead of trying to lick his balls.

"Hello there, would you like to work for a living, while we cut your benefits? We will of course offer you the chance to better yourself, take a course or whatever you need....

...what do you mean fudge off? You cant call me that! Help!..."

As I said in an earlier post, expand adult learning opportunities as we mature at different levels in life. They go out in the work place see how tough the world is and it brings them up.

Ive also mentioned before, but education needs to change as well. It needs to be recognised that not everybody is academically minded.

I think the test them, test them and then test them again system is fudged. The age of testing needs looking at too, kids need to be kids to a certain age and enjoy life which is the same for adults, I think alot of illness and pressure comes from the feeling that you are tested which comes from a young age and links to when you are older.

You have to be able to sit back and take in life rather than feel ground down by it which is the same as kids being allowed to be kids, unhelpful and testing which is unrelated to the world or life at that age is silly.

I think the test them, test them and then test them again system is fudged. The age of testing needs looking at too, kids need to be kids to a certain age and enjoy life which is the same for adults, I think alot of illness and pressure comes from the feeling that you are tested which comes from a young age and links to when you are older.

You have to be able to sit back and take in life rather than feel ground down by it which is the same as kids being allowed to be kids, unhelpful and testing which is unrelated to the world or life at that age is silly.

Theres a balance to be struck, IMO.

Tests are essential to understand ones progress and ultimately level of performance, so they cant be done away with.

That said, there needed be such relentless testing and there is indeed more to life.

Theres a balance to be struck, IMO.

Tests are essential to understand ones progress and ultimately level of performance, so they cant be done away with.

That said, there needed be such relentless testing and there is indeed more to life.

Of course there is a balance to be had. At the minute its a situation that adds pressure and then provides results that create ridicule rather than support development.

When you look at where life has gone in the last 20 years the School system abit like the British political system has stood still.

The world is nowhere near the place it was when I was at School but the way the school test, educate and move is stuck int he dark ages.

Of course there is a balance to be had. At the minute its a situation that adds pressure and then provides results that create ridicule rather than support development.

When you look at where life has gone in the last 20 years the School system abit like the British political system has stood still.

The world is nowhere near the place it was when I was at School but the way the school test, educate and move is stuck int he dark ages.

I don't know - I think it has changed a lot. The education system has become much more East Asian - it's about intensively cramming information, rather than critical thinking and innovation. University students in the last decade or so have become the most dull bean-counters this country has seen since the Restoration

I cant vouch for your experience, of course, but I can say the education my kids are getting is so far superior to that which I received its not even funny.

There is a tendency to test, and add pressure, but the facilities my kids have, the level of education - it is so much better than anything I ever had.

I cant vouch for your experience, of course, but I can say the education my kids are getting is so far superior to that which I received its not even funny.

There is a tendency to test, and add pressure, but the facilities my kids have, the level of education - it is so much better than anything I ever had.

My experience is the opposite, my kids classes are oversubscribed and under resourced compared to my school years, the teaching appears to be an exercise in box ticking and the kids are overwhelmed with tests and homework from the age of 6.

I didn’t get homework until I was 12, class sizes were never more than 20 and the first “test” I did was the eleven plus.

It does good and makes you feel better. But let me tell you guys them politicians they don't want to hear it.

Might need to take this over to PMs but kind of wondering if some of us boys should not try sorting a few of them out ourselves, we get to feel good about ourselves and save the tax payer some money.

It does good and makes you feel better. But let me tell you guys them politicians they don't want to hear it.

Might need to take this over to PMs but kind of wondering if some of us boys should not try sorting a few of them out ourselves, we get to feel good about ourselves and save the tax payer some money.

The share price of Ambrosia just went through the roof following this post.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Back