• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics

He is on a mission and will not listen.

Rather than sidways condescension, here's a straight question for you. Would you favour a Soft or Hard Brexit? Does either offer us anything we can look forward to? Don't get me wrong there are things you can point to as postives. End to freedom of movement, the UK to discern its own regulations...anything else?

Rather than sidways condescension, here's a straight question for you. Would you favour a Soft or Hard Brexit? Does either offer us anything we can look forward to? Don't get me wrong there are things you can point to as postives. End to freedom of movement, the UK to discern its own regulations...anything else?

We have had this conversation many times on here mate and unlike you i have far better things to do then repeat the same mantra over and over again.

We disagree ( no big deal) and probably always will over this, i will wait and see what REALLY happens not what those who have always been against ( did you vote remain) and are just repeating what they have been saying since. To be honest i usually stay out of this thread as all it is is the same stuff over and over again.

We have had this conversation many times on here mate and unlike you i have far better things to do then repeat the same mantra over and over again.

We disagree ( no big deal) and probably always will over this, i will wait and see what REALLY happens not what those who have always been against ( did you vote remain) and are just repeating what they have been saying since. To be honest i usually stay out of this thread as all it is is the same stuff over and over again.

We're 7 months away. Waiting to see what REALLY happens sounds interesting. Do you have an idea of what will happen or just a desire to shake things up. A closet anarchist?

To be fair to you, I get all the scaremongering is OTT - all the stories etc. and you just think well okay whatever, lets see what happens. A lot of it is over exagerated. Fine. But shouldn't there at least be a vision for what you want to see post exit?

If a hard Brexit means families lose jobs, prices go up in the shops, and the government can't fund the NHS as well as it could, then please please have a reason for voting for it. Pain to attain something is acceptable. Pain for no gain is ludicrous. If you believe in something, stand up for it.

Last edited:
I say it again but your pathway is the least likely of outcomes - the most likely of outcomes is we lurch right towards a mini US (less protection, more exploitation, more globalization).

I don't know if you believe what you write or you express what you want to happen but its really so unlikely that its practically an impossibility. No one (of any consequence) is offering what you want to buy.

It depends on what people vote for in general elections. The is talk of a new centrist party forming. I think people get the country they deserve.

I say it again but your pathway is the least likely of outcomes - the most likely of outcomes is we lurch right towards a mini US (less protection, more exploitation, more globalization).

I don't know if you believe what you write or you express what you want to happen but its really so unlikely that its practically an impossibility. No one (of any consequence) is offering what you want to buy.

Anti-globalisation is what people voted for at Brexit. It's what unified both left and right, the cities and the shires. The genie is out of the bottle, however hard neo-lib politicians try to contain it. The next step will be a landslide vote for a renationalisation manifesto.

Anti-globalisation is what people voted for at Brexit. It's what unified both left and right, the cities and the shires. The genie is out of the bottle, however hard neo-lib politicians try to contain it. The next step will be a landslide vote for a renationalisation manifesto.
They did not vote anti globalisation they voted anti immigration, there has been an election since and the nationalisation party did not win.

Your future although warm has no basis in reality.

The sooner the better.

They did not vote anti globalisation they voted anti immigration, there has been an election since and the nationalisation party did not win.

Your future although warm has no basis in reality.

The type of immigration they voted against (uncontrolled unskilled economic migration to undercut wages) is one strand of gloablisation. But so are other Brexit grievances like erosion of sovereignty and wealth inequality.

The nationalisation party didn't win in 2017 because people were nervous Corbyn couldn't contain his Europhiles, so the Tories seemed a safer bet for delivering Brexit. That won't hold people back next time after when we are out

I am genuinely conflicted about who to vote for at the next election.

The is so much of Corbyn I really like and admire, he has radical ideas that I would love to see implemented. I am just concerned that he is well a bit of a racist.

Cant the Labour party find a younger Corbyn type who does not hate the Jews, then I would be much happier voting for them.

I am genuinely conflicted about who to vote for at the next election.

The is so much of Corbyn I really like and admire, he has radical ideas that I would love to see implemented. I am just concerned that he is well a bit of a racist.

Cant the Labour party find a younger Corbyn type who does not hate the Jews, then I would be much happier voting for them.

He don’t hate Jews. Just doesn’t like some of the strokes Israel pull in the name of self defence.
I’m with him 100%. Sadly he’s a dipstick of political leaders! Unelectable!

I strongly support a Palestine state based on 1967 borders. But Corbyn is absolutely anti-Semitic

I would agree that Israel needs to recognise and support a Palestine state. But Corbyn has allowed some absolutely disgusting people to follow and become members of his labour party. It would be the same as if the BNP got into the tory party.

Not sure what it says about me because I am sort of thinking of turning a blind eye to it and voting for him anyway, but then I think I dont want to be the sort of person who turns a blind eye to that sort of thing. I expect my politicians to be liars and cheats, but I am not keen on full on extremism.

I strongly detest all things Israel during the Netanyahu premiership.

All Israeli governments since Six-Day War have generally done bad things, particularly the settlements. It's long past time they got off war footing and started normalising relations. I think maybe they could be offered NATO membership in exchange for fully surrendering Gaza, West Bank and Golan

Back