• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics

...and therein lies the limits of our current education system. The moment you allow people to personalise learning, their learning improve. One size fits a few people only. We have the technology now to tailor all learning and do it efficiently. But I think it will take a few decades before people shake education up - from a victorian system that hasn't really been updated.
On a side topic, the Finns start school at 7 .
Why is that and does starting later help?

On a side topic, the Finns start school at 7 .
Why is that and does starting later help?

Generally Scandinavian countries have some of the best education systems. They often have cross-party cooperation on education - it’s too import to play politics with they believe. And maybe as a result they develop and innovate more successfully. They also possibly believe in people’s autonomy, that people need room to play make mistakes as that’s how learning takes place.

Starting formal education later makes sense to a lot countries. Let people play as a means of developing, before institutions squash creativity!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

...and therein lies the limits of our current education system. The moment you allow people to personalise learning, their learning improve. One size fits a few people only. We have the technology now to tailor all learning and do it efficiently. But I think it will take a few decades before people shake education up - from a victorian system that hasn't really been updated.
We had that with grammar schools.

They became a method of political point scoring for the left and were all but abolished.

Why would Lenin describe someone who damages his cause as useful and why would he describe someone supporting a method that proved his ideologies to be destined for failure an idiot?

Sounds like a bit of a fudgewit to me.

"Useful idiot" appears to be a term that you throw about the place when you want somebody to be mildly insulted without any real understanding of the meaning or context in which it was used. Neither, it appears, do you have any wish to analyse and/or assess the relevance to the discussion at hand. It makes you sound like one of those not very bright people who quote Confucius in an attempt to sound intelligent.

Lenin was referring to people who helped the Bolsheviks, even though it was clearly against their class interests to do so. Gutter Boy performs the same useful role for the Tories.

Stage set for no deal then

I'm still confused by what went on today. Now it's something where the speaker can decide if Parliament can have a say if there is a 'no deal' scenario? (Think I've more than likely got that wrong.)

Good job the speaker is safe in his job then...

But the bigger context is they are a medium-sized French company that a large British company have been trying quite aggressively to takeover for a number of years.

My thoughts and feelings with the 3,000 who lost their jobs with house of fraser due to the racist scum doing the Brexit negotiations, If they had done the right thing and given the EU everything they ever asked for then those 3,000 people would still be in jobs tonight. Not that I care about shop workers stupid scum who are to thick to get proper jobs haha they kind of deserve it.

Looking at their annual report, it appears that 1.7bn (euros, not pounds) is the amount that the group paid in tax, worldwide, for 2017.

The comparable figure for 2016 is 291 million.

Back