• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics

Re: European Elections, UKIP Tops British Polls

i think there is, i think generally, people are stupid

its not apathy or a considered political statement, its laziness, the general attitude amongst the british (of which sadly i am ashamed to be) is "**** that, someone else will do it, the world owes me a living"

I think there is something to it. Maybe if Labour hadn't ****ed up so spectacularly they would have more support, but goes to show they have nothing to vote for, think the reality is that they are forever tarnished by 'Tony Bliar'

I'm of the feeling that we know more about Ukip polices than we do Labour. lol I think the dumb fcuks are labour voters as apart from party line, they have no real guidance of why they are voting for labour in terms of policies because there are none.

i think there is, i think generally, people are stupid

its not apathy or a considered political statement, its laziness, the general attitude amongst the british (of which sadly i am ashamed to be) is "**** that, someone else will do it, the world owes me a living"

"**** that, someone else will do it, the world owes me a living" ........and when reality bites, i will just blame someone else

So what will you do about it? That was the way the electorate voted, and that is that. All this talk smacks of sore loser. Untill labour can offer something then it won't change.

That was the way about 30% of them voted and not all of them voted for anti EU candidates at that. Let's not get to carried away with mandate type hyperbolic comments.

I think there is something to it. Maybe if Labour hadn't ****ed up so spectacularly they would have more support, but goes to show they have nothing to vote for, think the reality is that they are forever tarnished by 'Tony Bliar'

I think that you're confusing your views with that of the electorate.

Blair is what made Labour electable - what's making them unelectable is their lurch back to the left - this country is centre-right on the whole, that's where the votes are.

Yes that was in essence what I said, they have ****ed up spectaculalry

Blair is what made Labour electable - what's making them unelectable is their lurch back to the left - this country is centre-right on the whole, that's where the votes are.

Hold on a minute,the Tories have not won an election since 1992,not sure your blinkered centre right perspective is correct.

Taken dispassionately it's hard to argue, those appear to be the facts to me too. Stephanopolous changed the face of the Labour Party when he designed Bliar's campaign for election. Again, dispassionately-speaking, you have to admire the skill in the work done.

What is absolutely tragic is that we now have a situation where there really aren't different parties per se. In effect, we have the same in varying degrees of concentrate. This is why Farage is getting some traction, well, that and the fact he is playing the 'blame this!' card with regards to immigration. Which in times of struggle for some always gets some ear-space until the dust settles and people actually see there's nothing there…

By the way, am I the only one who thinks Farage is like dingdong Emery? More often than not without the Emery, but you get what I'm driving at, right?

Taken dispassionately it's hard to argue, those appear to be the facts to me too. Stephanopolous changed the face of the Labour Party when he designed Bliar's campaign for election. Again, dispassionately-speaking, you have to admire the skill in the work done.

What is absolutely tragic is that we now have a situation where there really aren't different parties per se. In effect, we have the same in varying degrees of concentrate. This is why Farage is getting some traction, well, that and the fact he is playing the 'blame this!' card with regards to immigration. Which in times of struggle for some always gets some ear-space until the dust settles and people actually see there's nothing there…

By the way, am I the only one who thinks Farage is like dingdong Emery? More often than not without the Emery, but you get what I'm driving at, right?

Any Labour leader was going to win in 1997,the Major government was falling apart.

Hold on a minute,the Tories have not won an election since 1992,not sure your blinkered centre right perspective is correct.

I think you've misunderstood my post or our electoral system - I think probably both.

Labour won a few elections because Blair moved the party in line with the thinking of the electorate - everyone wanted the economy Labour were offering. There are only a small handful of your trots left and fortunately they're a dying breed. They still populate holes like Liverpool, Glasgow and Birmingham, but here in the first world the UK electorate is very clearly a centre-right one.

The conservatives clearly have won an election - they chose the PM, remember? We don't have a proportional electoral system, so the party that manages to get a big pile of votes and form a coalition wins.

I know that hit a sore spot Roy, but I am yet to find more than a handful of ukip supporters than can put together a rational analysis or their policies or a defense of the holes therein.

It's never anything other than that immigration being at fault for everything.

To be fair, you are one of the most articulate.

But I genuinely don't believe, based on experience, ukip supporters know more than one policy that isn't "stop immigration"

I'm gonna quote this reply of yours first. I'm not a UKIP supporter firstly in fact I don't know who I'm going to vote for next year just now. What I object to is people who call people who vote for them childish names. Stupid, uneducated or 'an idiot'. Racist is probably my pet peeve. You say UKIP and people automatically think racist.

Now I'm a realist. I'm aware that a % of ukip supporters will vote them simply because they want immigration stopped, reduced, reversed or all three. I realise this. However, immigration is the political hot potato right now and whoever is elected must control it.

Personally, I don't think UKIP are the answer. I will read the manifestos of labour, conservative and ukip before deciding. There are bad apples in every party lest we forget.

Further to the above, and I know many won't like this, but of the many immigrants I have met and worked with (Americans, Aussies, Canadians, Europeans, etc etc) - I have found them all to be hard working and to make a large contribution and effort to be part of the UK.
Something I think many Brits may want to consider instead

I just wanted to add something to my above reply to you. I take exception with what you've wrote on one point. Whenever I watch question time and the question on immigration comes up the usual left wing reply is 'Where would we be without immigration? Take hospitals as an example without then migrant cleaners we wouldn't have any'.

It grates on me for a couple of reasons the main one being that the majority of people who are concerned, and rightly so, about immigration aren't worried about migrants coming here to work. Are they? I'm certainly not. If someone comes here from India to become a doctor or nurse or from Africa to do the same or to simply be a hospital porter then they are very welcome here no matter skin colour or nationality.

What we are concerned about, and I admit it is a small percentage, is migrants who are here without work and who are Able to take out of our benefit system. That, for me, is the crux of the problem.

Whoever does end up in power must address this and the benefits system as a whole. Yes some do blame it all on foreigners which is completely the wrong way to go about it as I'm sure the majority of people living off the benefit system are our own people but lets address ALL the issues at hand here.

That was the way about 30% of them voted and not all of them voted for anti EU candidates at that. Let's not get to carried away with mandate type hyperbolic comments.

That is how elections are won though aren't they, by getting more votes than the other person?

I just wanted to add something to my above reply to you. I take exception with what you've wrote on one point. Whenever I watch question time and the question on immigration comes up the usual left wing reply is 'Where would we be without immigration? Take hospitals as an example without then migrant cleaners we wouldn't have any'.

It grates on me for a couple of reasons the main one being that the majority of people who are concerned, and rightly so, about immigration aren't worried about migrants coming here to work. Are they? I'm certainly not. If someone comes here from India to become a doctor or nurse or from Africa to do the same or to simply be a hospital porter then they are very welcome here no matter skin colour or nationality.

What we are concerned about, and I admit it is a small percentage, is migrants who are here without work and who are Able to take out of our benefit system. That, for me, is the crux of the problem.

Whoever does end up in power must address this and the benefits system as a whole. Yes some do blame it all on foreigners which is completely the wrong way to go about it as I'm sure the majority of people living off the benefit system are our own people but lets address ALL the issues at hand here.

I'd like to see our government take the measures that have the greatest effect on our quality of lives first and the least last.

On that basis, I'm far more concerned about the bone idle British people stealing my child's money from my pockets than I am any immigrants. In fact, if we were to give our own residents a passport and a one-way ticket instead of endless handouts, we might not be seen as such a soft touch and may be less of a target for benefit tourism anyway.

Labour's last three election wins were three of the four smallest turnouts in a general election since WWII. Does that make their mandate irrelevant?

They did a lot of damage for an irrelevance.

Vote The Green Party!

treehugger-going-green.jpg

I'd like to see our government take the measures that have the greatest effect on our quality of lives first and the least last.

On that basis, I'm far more concerned about the bone idle British people stealing my child's money from my pockets than I am any immigrants. In fact, if we were to give our own residents a passport and a one-way ticket instead of endless handouts, we might not be seen as such a soft touch and may be less of a target for benefit tourism anyway.

=D>

That's just heavy petting. I wouldn't complain if I was that tree.

By the way, your post about bone idleness etc; spot on.

Don't think flattery will get you out of this.

No means no, and I've not heard any kind of clear consent from that tree. You and your tree-hugging ilk are monsters.

Back