• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

It seems that Gray's report will NOT be tabled in parliament, only her 'findings'. So how do we know that she has considered all the evidence? How will we know if other key Tories have been involved? Oh silly me, we will just have to take Boris' word for it. What a fudging joke.

The word is, that Bozo is being supported because other cabinet members will also be forced to resign if he goes. This is why the report is being suppressed and only the findings being tabled.

The word is, that Bozo is being supported because other cabinet members will also be forced to resign if he goes. This is why the report is being suppressed and only the findings being tabled.

they should be forced to resign. Why should they hold their posts if they’re not fit for duty?

It was signing the EU Association Agreement in 2013 that kicked the whole thing off the whole Crimea thing. But even the joint hosting of Euro 2012 with Poland was a statement that Europe was their direction of travel.

Ukraine is kind of the one caught in the a middle (Serbia maybe too). The Baltics and Soviet Bloc are permanently gone, while Belarus is still/will always be very pro-Russian.
It might have been before that. The NATO summit in '08 was possibly the first domino. NATO (Bush) announced Georgia and Ukraine would at some future point join NATO, and 4 months after that Russia invaded Georgia.

I'm not sure it'll be about the report, more about the next leader's broom. No chance Raab or Patel will get another cabinet job under anyone else. Some of the other lightweight loyalists like Dorries too. Gove is also too toxic for anyone else to touch.

The vaguely competents like Javid, Wallace and Zahawi though are probably confident that when they shift loyalty, their careers will still have prospects.

I make no qualms about my political stance, but the whole country is now suffering because all the Cabinet can do is come out to defend Boris and not get on with important jobs. Time for him to go and fudging move on. Christ, we all lose out yet conservative voters keep defending him.

"Didn't know it was a birthday party whilst i blew out my candles to 30 people singing happy birthday. No one told me."

Oh, and the day before the Sue Gray report comes out, the Met FINALLY announce an investigation, effectively blocking the report... hmmm.

Sounds a bit... timely given the Met have been asked for months to look into any one of the FIFTEEN parties now known to have been held against the rules.

Oh, and the day before the Sue Gray report comes out, the Met FINALLY announce an investigation, effectively blocking the report... hmmm.

Sounds a bit... timely given the Met have been asked for months to look into any one of the FIFTEEN parties now known to have been held against the rules.

The risk now is that the Met issue a number of retrospective fines, and the Tories can say that things have now been dealt with by the Met and the matter is closed. Any action the Met take will conveniently trump whatever the Sue Gray report says. It allows the party to keep Boris in situ until it's more convenient for them to move him on.
Of course there will still be the matter of misleading parliament, but he's brazen enough to ride that one out.

I'm not sure it helps the Tories to keep Boris around that much longer. He is an albatross around their necks at this point. This certainly gives them a little breathing room with respect to the parties but he absolutely won't recover popularity-wise from this.

I’m amazed that Boris hasn’t been suspended from duty. Imagine if any of you had such investigations taking place. What do you think would happen?

I’m amazed that Boris hasn’t been suspended from duty. Imagine if any of you had such investigations taking place. What do you think would happen?

in that analogy, like Boris, I would have loaded the entire company with people beholden to me, so I'd also be fine

once again, a national crisis plays out because of internal politics in the conservative work event

I'm not sure it helps the Tories to keep Boris around that much longer. He is an albatross around their necks at this point. This certainly gives them a little breathing room with respect to the parties but he absolutely won't recover popularity-wise from this.

so the cost of living crisis is coming up, what a lot of MPs are thinking (not all) is that, let him take the hit, local elections they'll lose lots of Conservative seats (but who cares about local councillors, they're sacrificial lambs) and then they'll sack him off post election to say "we heard you and we're changing".

so the cost of living crisis is coming up, what a lot of MPs are thinking (not all) is that, let him take the hit, local elections they'll lose lots of Conservative seats (but who cares about local councillors, they're sacrificial lambs) and then they'll sack him off post election to say "we heard you and we're changing".
That's a fair point on him being a lightning rod for the upcoming bad news. I've made a similar point before about the recently introduced import checks, which is another debacle.

yes i cant claim that, this is from Political commentators on various podcasts i listen to, so trust them as they work in Westminster!

But the issue is, the continued haemorraging of bad news may mean they pull the plug sooner.

Back