• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

listened to some podcasts last week, really fascinating and worrying what's happening in Ukraine. Experts think they may start small incursions in the next 4-8 weeks. If they miss that timeslot, they think they'll keep troops close by, maybe smaller in scale and try again later in the year.

If you're not currently aware of just how close we are to another 'cold war' issue with Russia, you should definitely read up now.
The episode of Arthur Snell's podcast on Putin is good if you have not heard it. The whole podcast is good imo.

"nobody told me it was against the rules".

Seriously, he is literally laughing at you. He literally mugs you off and people still back him. Wow.

Seriously, he is literally laughing at you. He literally mugs you off and people still back him. Wow.

Not long now. You do know that his successor will be worse, right? Less floridly venal and self-serving, less of a brick, but with an agenda that will fudge over more people in less time than Johnson would ever have managed.

Not long now. You do know that his successor will be worse, right? Less floridly venal and self-serving, less of a brick, but with an agenda that will fudge over more people in less time than Johnson would ever have managed.
Who do you reckon it will be, Sunak or Gove maybe ??

Always choose the incompetent fascist over the competent one. Johnson is the rail replacement bus to Treblinka type

Who do you reckon it will be, Sunak or Gove maybe ??

Sunak is the bookies favourite and Gove is very unlikely, Penny Mordaunt seems to be coming up on the inside as a very slightly less risible version of Liz Truss. But, fudge knows. If anyone did, Brady would have his letters by now.

It's an interesting one. Can't see how it'll be Sunak, a brown man leading the country? A day i've waited to see for years but can't see it happening myself. All of them are arseholes.

Not long now. You do know that his successor will be worse, right?

Not so sure of that myself. What i will say, is at least under Cameron there was a plan that was executed, a vision if you will. With Boris, it's just flip flop to whatever seems to take his fancy on a whim. It does the country no favours this way. About time we had a grown up in charge.

It's an interesting one. Can't see how it'll be Sunak, a brown man leading the country? A day i've waited to see for years but can't see it happening myself. All of them are arseholes.

Not so sure of that myself. What i will say, is at least under Cameron there was a plan that was executed, a vision if you will. With Boris, it's just flip flop to whatever seems to take his fancy on a whim. It does the country no favours this way. About time we had a grown up in charge.

The Tories have had 2 female PMs, plus South Asians in all the #2 and #4 jobs (chancellor x2 and home sec). So long as they have enough basic evil in them, their grass roots seem ok with that.

Hunt might pitch himself as the grown up, but he actually has a record of incompetence at DoH. Javid's record is ok, but he comes across a bit too wet. Tugendhat might be this time's Rory Stewart - the one who will come across as a decent person and will win the general public backing (but not the Tory members/voters).

“I’m sorry about robbing the bank. No one told me it was against the rules. I humbly apologise, and will now go about my business, if you don’t mind.”

That honestly hadn't occurred to me until you said it.

IMO Boris is a malignant narcissist whose true nature is hidden by a mask of bonhomie, his first line of defence. His 2nd line of defense is the perception is that he is a self-serving political chameleon, which he is of course, but even this serves to deflect from the streak of authoritarianism in his policies. I don't know who will replace Boris but I hope it is someone who can break from the hard right of the party.

It's exactly the reason he is likely - it's the perfect PR for them.

Sunak is the bookies favourite and Gove is very unlikely, Penny Mordaunt seems to be coming up on the inside as a very slightly less risible version of Liz Truss. But, fudge knows. If anyone did, Brady would have his letters by now.
Mordaunt's very competent but her seat isn't nearly safe enough.

It really has to be Sunak.

That honestly hadn't occurred to me until you said it.

IMO Boris is a malignant narcissist whose true nature is hidden by a mask of bonhomie, his first line of defence. His 2nd line of defense is the perception is that he is a self-serving political chameleon, which he is of course, but even this serves to deflect from the streak of authoritarianism in his policies. I don't know who will replace Boris but I hope it is someone who can break from the hard right of the party.
Boris couldn't be further from the right of any sensible party - you should be happy with him.

He spaffs our money up the wall and spends his days telling us what to do with our lives. That's leftist 101.

Back