• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

Andrew yangs proposal when he ran for president was universal income. Which i think is a bad idea (at least the way he wanted to implement it). But it is something we have to think about going forward. In manufacturing the uk will be less effected than most countries, but the advance of ai means a lot of white collar jobs will also be effected.

The last 3 industrial revolutions saw a lot of jobs become obsolete, but these were replaced with new ones. Typists were replaced by photocopiers but needed engineers and it experts. Saddlemakers for horses started making leather seats for cars.
Universal income is a terrible idea.

The creative destruction you describe will sort the jobs out. With every industrial change, people assume that there will be fewer jobs available. That's because it's almost impossible to conceive of what those new jobs will be until the changes have happened.

Nobody foresaw motorway services when they complained about the car putting blacksmiths and whatever horse growers are called out of work. Nobody foresaw the IT industry when computers made typing pools redundant.

Universal income is a terrible idea.

The creative destruction you describe will sort the jobs out. With every industrial change, people assume that there will be fewer jobs available. That's because it's almost impossible to conceive of what those new jobs will be until the changes have happened.

Nobody foresaw motorway services when they complained about the car putting blacksmiths and whatever horse growers are called out of work. Nobody foresaw the IT industry when computers made typing pools redundant.

A lot of them are gonad*s though. Producing work for the sake of it. Contractors and agency that have to have their own execs, hr, fm etc...

One example, used to be in charge of security at a multi tenanted building in mayfair. We'd get a call from one of the tennants a light bulb was out. I'd send a guard to check. Confirmed. I'd report it to fm helpdesk. They'd contact me helpdesk. That would send an engineer to check. Confirmed. They'd then contact their company to order new light bulb. They'd order from another company. Who would courier the lightbulb over. Light bulb delivered. Post room contact me. Me collect lightbulb and fit. Me helpdesk contacts fm helpdesk and informs. Fm helpdesk asks security to check. Confirmed. We tell helpdesk and then inform the client. Everyone fills out reports.

Ffs. Have an engineer go round and check once a week and replace. Order more if needed.

Last edited:
Andrew yangs proposal when he ran for president was universal income. Which i think is a bad idea (at least the way he wanted to implement it). But it is something we have to think about going forward. In manufacturing the uk will be less effected than most countries, but the advance of ai means a lot of white collar jobs will also be effected.

The last 3 industrial revolutions saw a lot of jobs become obsolete, but these were replaced with new ones. Typists were replaced by photocopiers but needed engineers and it experts. Saddlemakers for horses started making leather seats for cars.
Monkeybarry.
@Danishfurniturelover
@Rorschach
@scaramanga
All liked the same post.

What the fudge just happened.
Did we just cross the streams?

Could we do more to outlaw radical islam? I know its ethically difficult ground. Would you do the same for other radical movements etc. Freedom of beliefs etc. However, other radical movements don't seem to have the same frequency for innocent people being murdered. Joe Cox, however, was murdered by a radical non-muslim, so we have to be careful.

Is there any reason to allow movements that promote serious violence? Rather than just monitor individuals with links to extremism, are there any other ways we can act? Deportation. Tagging. even the Chinese re-education programmes applied with more subtly shouldn't be ruled out.

For the general population, we must make a distinction between Islam - a doctrine that for 99% of people is about kinship, love, support and kindness - and Radical Islam which promotes violence and is really a death cult. The two share a common term and etymology but not much more.

Could we do more to outlaw radical islam? I know its ethically difficult ground. Would you do the same for other radical movements etc. Freedom of beliefs etc. However, other radical movements don't seem to have the same frequency for innocent people being murdered. Joe Cox, however, was murdered by a radical non-muslim, so we have to be careful.

Is there any reason to allow movements that promote serious violence? Rather than just monitor individuals with links to extremism, are there any other ways we can act? Deportation. Tagging. even the Chinese re-education programmes applied with more subtly shouldn't be ruled out.

For the general population, we must make a distinction between Islam - a doctrine that for 99% of people is about kinship, love, support and kindness - and Radical Islam which promotes violence and is really a death cult. The two share a common term and etymology but not much more.

Kinship, love support and kindness if you are muslim. If you are a woman who falls in love with someone outside the religion then express that you no longer believe in GHod. Another woman. How much love, support and kindness would you expect from your community?
It's these basics that need to change if we are to integrate properly.

We'll always get random nutters that hate themselves and hate the world. That want to lash out. But if we can integrate more it will reduce the excuses for doing so.

A lot of them are gonad*s though. Producing work for the sake of it. Contractors and agency that have to have their own execs, hr, fm etc...

One example, used to be in charge of security at a multi tenanted building in mayfair. We'd get a call from one of the tennants a light bulb was out. I'd send a guard to check. Confirmed. I'd report it to fm helpdesk. They'd contact me helpdesk. That would send an engineer to check. Confirmed. They'd then contact their company to order new light bulb. They'd order from another company. Who would courier the lightbulb over. Light bulb delivered. Post room contact me. Me collect lightbulb and fit. Me helpdesk contacts fm helpdesk and informs. Fm helpdesk asks security to check. Confirmed. We tell helpdesk and then inform the client. Everyone fills out reports.

Ffs. Have an engineer go round and check once a week and replace. Order more if needed.
That may be, but they are important to those who spend the money on them and they're even more important to the people who can feed their families because of them.

Just ban the teaching of religion. It's the best answer all round.

It's a form of abuse to take impressionable kids and brainwash the logic from their minds anyway.

Just ban the teaching of religion. It's the best answer all round.

It's a form of abuse to take impressionable kids and brainwash the logic from their minds anyway.

Not sure I would ban it, but maybe wait until people are in their early teens/adults before introducing it. I don’t have kids, but if someone gave one of my children a copy of the bible, I’d rather they waited until they were adults before they read it. So they can’t be indoctrinated and can make up their own minds.

.....there are many facets of 'life' we need to be looking at.
All of those sources come with personal choice - nobody has to watch or use any of them.

Religion doesn't work that way. Religion comes with in-built viral code asserting that impenetrable belief is a virtue, as is continuing the spread of their mental illness.

Kinship, love support and kindness if you are muslim. If you are a woman who falls in love with someone outside the religion then express that you no longer believe in GHod. Another woman. How much love, support and kindness would you expect from your community?
It's these basics that need to change if we are to integrate properly.

We'll always get random nutters that hate themselves and hate the world. That want to lash out. But if we can integrate more it will reduce the excuses for doing so.

no not just toward Muslims, where do you get that from? What are you basing that on?

All of those sources come with personal choice - nobody has to watch or use any of them.

Religion doesn't work that way. Religion comes with in-built viral code asserting that impenetrable belief is a virtue, as is continuing the spread of their mental illness.

There is personal choice within religion as well, absolute belief in the dogma is not universal in any religion that I know of, there is always a scale from yeah all the stories are metaphorical or have been corrupted to they 100% happened exactly as is written in said book.

I believe that even in the Quran it say something like it is your duty to question everything even if it is written here.

the Chinese concentration camps? Are you being fûcking serious?

One of the things we could do is stop trading and in fact supporting the states that practice and promote radicalisation.

we do this for monetary and short term geo political gain and it blows up in our face continuously.

even today the Americans are supporting the YPG basically the Syrian offshoot of the PKK terrorist organisation.

And Turkey is supporting various dubious groups rebranded as the free Syrian Army.

Another thing we can do is actually be intolerant of intolerance in all shapes and forms but that’s complicated and infringes on free speech, so I’m not sure how that works.

There is personal choice within religion as well, absolute belief in the dogma is not universal in any religion that I know of, there is always a scale from yeah all the stories are metaphorical or have been corrupted to they 100% happened exactly as is written in said book.

I believe that even in the Quran it say something like it is your duty to question everything even if it is written here.
....as long as the answer to those questions is more belief. Otherwise you'll burn for eternity.

no not just toward Muslims, where do you get that from? What are you basing that on?

I thought it was a well known fact that homosexuality is not accepted in muslim countries? Or being athiest? Even in democratic countries they vote for parties that share these beliefs. Pakistan homosexuality is punishable by death.

Pritti upset at her mate getting murdered by a Somalian

I thought he was a British National as per the police, with added commentary that he’s of Somalian heritage. (Am away at the moment and have only read some of what’s on the BBC website so I may not be up to date). Is it confirmed that he is a Somalian migrant who came here illegally via the Channel? And even if that transpires to be the case, it’s wrong to make that assumption now until the facts are known - it kind of implies that all Somalian migrants are potential terrorist murderers.

Back