• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

No it is not about ego and i never said it was ( you did). You obviously are thinking to much mate.

Anyway i am doing what i have accused others of doing and that is no being able to move on and let it go. So that is the last post about this from me.

I'm glad you agree! They used the power they have to achieve what they wanted.

That'll be the UK "weak idiots" that you mandated to carry out Brexit.....just saying.

The EU will be fine. They are very adept at changing to make sure they don't fail. The think the Brits don't get is it is the very structure of the EU that makes that possible. Thoughts of a large scale collapse are fanciful.

I agree Italy is likely to be next. Economies go up and down;, it was the UK in the late 70s.
There are significant parallels between Greece and Italy - and not pretty ones. But being in the bloc makes it less likely that any huge downturn creates a catastrophic outcome with conflict and/or humanitarian crises spilling over borders.

I never mandated anything, I did not vote Conservative. Last time was the election when the pension thief was in charge of Labour. I have voted Conservative once in the last 20 years and I would not vote Boris into anything.

Had he not backtracked on the EU I would have voted Corbyn. It turns out that despite a healthy disdain of northerners my whole life, I actually vote the same way as them.

I won't vote Conservative next time either, I either sit it out or vote Labour. Liberals are not for me and living on the outskirts of brighton I could never vote green. Lucas has destroyed this town.

There is so much to work on across borders. Whether on refugees, climate change, crime, free trade...cooperation makes perfect sense. And that is all the EU is - a mechanism for nations on one continent to work together.

I wish that is all it was, I really do. Because that and a trade club and most people would vote for it. But most can see it for what it is.

I never mandated anything, I did not vote Conservative. Last time was the election when the pension thief was in charge of Labour. I have voted Conservative once in the last 20 years and I would not vote Boris into anything.

Had he not backtracked on the EU I would have voted Corbyn. It turns out that despite a healthy disdain of northerners my whole life, I actually vote the same way as them.

I won't vote Conservative next time either, I either sit it out or vote Labour. Liberals are not for me and living on the outskirts of brighton I could never vote green. Lucas has destroyed this town.
You voted Brexit with a Tory Government in charge - you literally instructed the Government to leave the EU. So yes, you did mandate for I. Whatever Brexit does and II. The Tories to do it.

Anyway i am doing what i have accused others of doing and that is no being able to move on and let it go. So that is the last post about this from me.

Mate that's really not good enough, you are a strong advocate of Brexit. So where are the benefits?

I didn't want Brexit because I thought it would be bad for the uk. So far it has proved to be, although not in a massive way (thank gód)

So tell us about the benefits and the winners in this scenario.

It's not about being bitter about "losing" the vote, because now we are out. I want my previous apprehension to be wrong and want Brexit to be a massive success, I truly do. But I don't see it so far... so enlighten me. That goes for @Danishfurniturelover too

Last edited:
This is a crazy mindset from Leavers, that Remainers are sore losers. I would love for this to be the success that was claimed it was going to become. It has not. It isn't soreness that you see, it is genuine frustration that people were sold a lie and now it has been proven to be a lie they won't dig themselves out of the weird hole they are in.

Let's be realistic, the only thing promised that has been delivered is ending free movement and that has not been great has it?
Wasn’t it ironic hardline brexiteers were celebrating “freedom day” on 31st Jan 2020, then when we had the opportunity to limit free movement as covid cases in China and then Italy were rising at the start of the pandemic we didn’t take it.

Reactions: DTA
You voted Brexit with a Tory Government in charge - you literally instructed the Government to leave the EU. So yes, you did mandate for I. Whatever Brexit does and II. The Tories to do it.

Your hatred of the conservatives is showing through there, you are also wrong. The referendum was not party political and many have voted out that would never vote Conservative. You party political bias is showing itself and this is not an opinion but you are wrong. Labour had it in the last election manifesto that they would leave(corban was flapping on the issue though)

Wasn’t it ironic hardline brexiteers were celebrating “freedom day” on 31st Jan 2020, then when we had the opportunity to limit free movement as covid cases in China and then Italy were rising at the start of the pandemic we didn’t take it.

Again this is down to the lack of capability in our Government.

But it is a bit rich of you mentioning it when I'm pretty sure you were one of the ones calling Trump a racist when he tried to do that very same thing.

It is like you guys on the far left saying we'll they have not stopped illegal and dangerous crossings of the Channel. If the government ever got serious and tried to stop them or towed the boats straight back, then I am pretty sure all you guys would be having kittens.

The government are to afraid of what the far left who have control of so much of public conversation through the BBC, Mirror, Guardian and Independent and all the oh so woke phalanx on teletext think that they won't take any actions needed in any sphere of government policy.

I never once said ALL remainers are sore losers, but you know as well as i do they are a couple on here can not let it go and move on.

But there’s no real way to be able to move on as the effect of the vote is enduring.

And it’s compounded by the fact that much of the current situation is predicated on the lies of the Leave campaign. So those lies are still in play, they are current and active.

And until leavers - whether those in power or the voters - come to terms with that then it will be very difficult to move on because their arguments are disingenuous. We won’t be able to get to the root of the problems because there’s widespread denial about the causes.

Take haulage drivers as the example: the tories are denying it’s *anything* to do with brexit. They blame it all on Covid.

So rather than addressing the EU worker situation, they would rather lower driver standards, make the driving test easier and increase driver hours, putting people at risk, than accept the reality that it was their decision that has directly led to the problem.

But they can’t accept the real reason for the problem as that would mean they would have to admit to lying. And around we go.

Mate that's really not good enough, you are a strong advocate of Brexit. So where are the benefits?

I didn't want Brexit because I thought it would be bad for the uk. So far it has proved to be, although not in a massive way (thank gód)

So tell us about the benefits and the winners in this scenario.

It's not about being bitter about "losing" the vote, because now we are out. I want my previous apprehension to be wrong and want Brexit to be a massive success, I truly do. But I don't see it so far... so enlighten me. That goes for @Danishfurniturelover too

Do you have any idea how many times me and others have had to say over the years the reason for leaving?

We did it so many times. You guys never listened, instead just went off going on about your own fears or reasons we should not leave. That is why the red wall collapsed at the last election.

I have done it so many times it is literally hair pulling out time to go through it again. Which though I like you as a poster I can only assume you are trolling on this particular issue. Because I know you have been on this site and this topic for years.

You guys have the right to disagree with our reasons for voting out, but to say you don't know is just trolling. I had hoped we would not have to go through all this again, not because I care that much what a bunch of people on the Internet that I will never meet think. But because I want a labour government next time and I fear people still can't bring them to associate themselves with people who belittle them and their views.

Your hatred of the conservatives is showing through there, you are also wrong. The referendum was not party political and many have voted out that would never vote Conservative. You party political bias is showing itself and this is not an opinion but you are wrong. Labour had it in the last election manifesto that they would leave(corban was flapping on the issue though)

I think it’s naive to suggest that party politics played no part in the referendum, especially when the “winners” of the Leave campaign ended up at the head and heart (if that exists) of government.

And then, the tories had “getting brexit done” as the main pillar of their GE campaign and continue to try to use it to score points - wrongly claiming it was the reason we could start the vaccination programme and for stopping the ESL farce.

But it is a bit rich of you mentioning it when I'm pretty sure you were one of the ones calling Trump a racist when he tried to do that very same thing.

It is like you guys on the far left saying we'll they have not stopped illegal and dangerous crossings of the Channel. If the government ever got serious and tried to stop them or towed the boats straight back, then I am pretty sure all you guys would be having kittens.

The government are to afraid of what the far left who have control of so much of public conversation through the BBC, Mirror, Guardian and Independent and all the oh so woke phalanx on teletext think that they won't take any actions needed in any sphere of government policy.

You’re kidding right?

The tories have their tentacles reaching throughout the BBC.

The current BBC chairman has donated £400k to the tories.

The checks at the border with Ireland which is about 70% of the checks they do with non EU countries despite having borders with several non EU countries shows vindictiveness.

Are you making this up or do you know this for real? As far as I am aware all countries not forming part of the EU are classed as “third countries” and unless there are specific derogations additional checks on their imports are required. Nonetheless it is interesting that we signed a deal hoping that the other side wouldn’t expect us to follow its terms.

Last edited:

You keep using the term “far left” in a perjoritive sense while claiming you would have voted for Corbyn.

This idea that the BBC is a bastion of leftism is one of the most laughable Tory memes of the last twenty years. Also, I want to hear all the Leave success stories. What are the great things that have happened in Britain as a consequence of leaving Europe. Come on tell me? Put up a list.

Woke just means civil, tolerant, accepting, pro-equality.

The fact that it’s a term that’s passed from the right-wing commentators into the vernacular and is used as a pejorative is a worrying and depressing sign that the propaganda has worked.

Woke just means civil, tolerant, accepting, pro-equality.

The fact that it’s a term that’s passed from the right-wing commentators into the vernacular and is used as a pejorative is a worrying and depressing sign that the propaganda has worked.

If you think the way people have tried to shut down debate because of woke issues. I am no fan of the Harry Potter books or the author but the way she was treated for her views on transgender was disgusting.

Woke is being used as a tool to shut down views of people you do not agree with. It is a tool the far left used for years on the immigration debate, even mentioning the I word you were branded racist.

You keep using the term “far left” in a perjoritive sense while claiming you would have voted for Corbyn.

Because apart from being an arsenal fan and hating the Jews when he should hate all religions his views were closer to mine then Johnson. I did not like some of the momentum lot at all. But I did not like some of the UKIP members when I voted for them.

You go to which party you think will do more good or less harm to the country. Well that is how I vote anyway.

That was in relation to your post about why didn't the government shut down the flights with China when covid kicked off.

When Trump did that a month or so later people were calling him racist. Our government were to scared to be called racist, this is what is also stopping them combat the awful cruel people smuggling trade.

Back