• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

I am surprised that there are folks who still think politicions are honest.

This false equivalence is largely to blame for the corruption and incompetence and is the very last refuge of the right wing media as well. You know the drill, "they're all at it, they're all corrupt so why bother voting Labour/vote at all." It's self fulfilling, because guess what, when that happens, nothing changes. Funny that.

This false equivalence is largely to blame for the corruption and incompetence and is the very last refuge of the right wing media as well. You know the drill, "they're all at it, they're all corrupt so why bother voting Labour/vote at all." It's self fulfilling, because guess what, when that happens, nothing changes. Funny that.

no matter who I vote for man, the government always get in

Every party has bent bastards/liars in them, Labour are as bad as any of them. Blair is the perfect example. Up their with the milk snatcher.

There is levels of lying bustards though surely? I hate Blair as much as you. But he is long gone.

Of course, but taking the Country to war on a lie is up there with the worse. I think back to all those arseholes in Parliment during the Brexit debates and how many of them wasted the time instead of doing their job. Lying tacos everyone of them no matter what party they are in.

Every party has bent bastards/liars in them, Labour are as bad as any of them. Blair is the perfect example. Up their with the milk snatcher.

You can say what you like about Blair, but he certainly wasn't incompetent. Corrupt, what evidence is there for that? He was guilty of what Thatcher was guilty of, an overweening sense of self and that he was right and others were wrong.

Of course, but taking the Country to war on a lie is up there with the worse. I think back to all those arseholes in Parliment during the Brexit debates and how many of them wasted the time instead of doing their job. Lying tacos everyone of them no matter what party they are in.

Oddly it's not all of them - but it is the ones that get the big jobs.
The ones with integrity tend to work the committee's.
Breaking the link at the top of the chain is the key - getting a PM that forms a cabinet of do-ers rather than presenters.

3% pay rise offered to NHS workers

Then you see ridiculous roles within the NHS like this and you wonder why it's up the chute

upload_2021-7-21_18-24-34.png

Then you see ridiculous roles within the NHS like this and you wonder why it's up the chute

View attachment 12303

Imagine you posted a full description for one of the roles that offends you so much

Associate Director for Inclusion 8D

Barts Health is one of the largest, most diverse NHS trusts in the country. As the NHS enters a recovery phase from COVID-19, Barts Health will not only restore services, but create a system that serves our community and staff better than ever before. A key part of this aspiration is ensuring that Barts Health is an inclusive, safe place to work for everyone. Read further if you are a dynamic leader that will help see #TeamsBarts trailblaze a path towards inclusion and make a real difference for over 20,000 staff that serve 2.6 million patients.

To achieve these aspirations, Barts Health has expanded its Inclusion team significantly as committed to in our initial Inclusion Strategy #WeBelong. After a robust cycle of co-design, a set of priorities for 2021-22 have been agreed to create a greater pace of change and continue our journey set out in WeBelong. To help steer the Trust into this ambitious phase, Barts Health is recruiting an Associate Director of Inclusion.

The successful-post holder will help inspire and lead the Inclusion Centre team, continue to ensure the Trust maintains a clear action focused strategy, act as a role model for other senior leaders, and drive the delivery of the staff inclusion vision for the Trust. This will include developing a culturally intelligent, representative leadership community and nurturing a fair and just culture across the group.

Extensive experience at senior level in the implementation of equality, diversity and inclusion strategies within a complex organisational structure is required along with evidence of demonstrable outcomes and behaviours that champion Barts Health’s WeCare values. The post-holder will be expected to ensure the Trust and senior team deliver on our public facing commitments and that the impact of the work “feels” different to staff on the ground.

The ability to effectively network and manage stakeholders from multiple-sites will be critical to the role success. The role will involve working closely with other senior leaders accountable for Barts Health’s Inclusion Observatory (data and insight) and Community Connectivity (Health equity and engagement in the community). The post holder will be expected to develop a seamless link between these elements to help establish Barts as an anchor hub for the local area.

The role holder will also act as subject matter expert in equality, diversity and inclusion for the group of Barts Health hospitals and provide support and training at a strategic level to the Trust’s leadership team.

An outline set of immediate priorities and workstreams have already been developed. The incoming Associate Director for Inclusion will be expected to continue to help shape and deliver the Inclusion work programme as it evolves, bringing in and implementing best practice across the group of hospitals and support the Trust in achieving its ambition to become an outstanding place to work . This is a permanent position.

Also what bothers you so much about inclusion roles? Does your employer frown on them too and do you moan at the insurance big boys or do you reserve your ire for the NHS and via this forum....

Imagine you posted a full description for one of the roles that offends you so much

Also what bothers you so much about inclusion roles? Does your employer frown on them too and do you moan at the insurance big boys or do you reserve your ire for the NHS and via this forum....

That's £320k a year spent on those frankly laughable roles
I have seen other crazy roles like Director of Art paying over 6 figures, simply not needed, pay the key workers who get literally nothing a decent fudging wage

My company has gone big on it recently but not to the effect of actually employing people to do it as a full time job, it's rolled into normal HR
In fact my company does so much on D & I it's almost becoming exclusive for the majority of the workforce who doesn't identify themselves as a non-binary cucumber these days

My company has gone big on it recently but not to the effect of actually employing people to do it as a full time job, it's rolled into normal HR
In fact my company does so much on D & I it's almost becoming exclusive for the majority of the workforce who doesn't identify themselves as a non-binary cucumber these days

So you dont like inclusivity roles. As a fair workplace is bad. Especially one that manages our health.

I have seen other crazy roles like Director of Art paying over 6 figures, simply not needed, pay the key workers who get literally nothing a decent fudging wage

So they are fudging it up then?

View attachment 12303

Any organisation of a reasonable size will have people in charge of D&I. I’d say it’s extremely important that the nation’s largest employer does. Depending on the size of the organisation it should be a separate role, not just tagged on to someone’s day job.
Rubbish pay though.

Any organisation of a reasonable size will have people in charge of D&I. I’d say it’s extremely important that the nation’s largest employer does. Depending on the size of the organisation it should be a separate role, not just tagged on to someone’s day job.
Rubbish pay though.
Are those roles low pay then ??
fudge I know where my next career move should be then
Making up brick so that everybody is "happy" for a load of cash amazing

Are those roles low pay then ??
fudge I know where my next career move should be then
Making up brick so that everybody is "happy" for a load of cash amazing

Only skimmed the job descriptions but for a permanent managerial role in London (not all of them are admittedly) it looked low, but then I’m viewing it from a private sector perspective of course.

And it’s really not ‘making brick up’. It’s to help companies/organisations ensure their processes are fair and transparent and give equal opportunity and equitable outcome to all employees. As well as raising awareness/educating of issues facing minorities, whether that be ethnicity, gender, (dis)ability, etc. , in the workplace.
I think it’s a good thing that more organisations are going down this route. The cynic might argue that from an ESG perspective they need to, but whatever the driver, it’s good to see.

Back