• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

jeez seems like Labour on course for a whopping come Thurs eve.

It's amazing how well supported the Tories are. In my area, the council have closed the police station and street lights are off from 1-5am.

Let's vote them in again then look forward to the Facebook comments complaining "why aren't there enough police" etc. Fun times.

It's amazing how well supported the Tories are. In my area, the council have closed the police station and street lights are off from 1-5am.

Let's vote them in again then look forward to the Facebook comments complaining "why aren't there enough police" etc. Fun times.

How the Tory grandees must be laughing over their gin and tonics in the Carlton Club when discussing working class support for their party.

Labour don't help themselves sometimes (and I'm Labour voter at national level, but not always so at local level). I've been waiting for some election material from our local labour candidate, there's been plenty from the Tory and Lib Dems. Nothing, so I sent off my postal vote yesterday. Then yesterday evening a leaflet came through the letterbox. When I looked at it, it was all about the candidate...in a different ward. I appreciate it's akin to a wasted vote in this area, but I think there's more chance of making a breakthrough in council elections than a general election but they don't come across as particularly interested.

I do share your sentiment. The amount of times I hear people complaining about the council or government etc. and I just shake my head and say 'well stop voting Tory then!" But they don't.

How the Tory grandees must be laughing over their gin and tonics in the Carlton Club when discussing working class support for their party.
Would probably be better to look inward as to why Labour have become seemingly unelectable rather than blaming everyone else all the time?

Would probably be better to look inward as to why Labour have become seemingly unelectable rather than blaming everyone else all the time?

Labour have definitely made mistakes. But as i've said a thousand times, the right wing media pushing the Tories down the throats in the biggest news outlets, Sun, Mail, Express, Telegraph, Times, makes a huge impact on the electorate.

Instead of actually researching, they're told Tories are saving the country and actually believing it.

Tories can literally get away saying they're hiring 20,000 police officers without any hint of irony they've overseen a cut of 20,000 officers in their years in power, and people think "look, they're being tough on crime. yay."

Labour have definitely made mistakes. But as i've said a thousand times, the right wing media pushing the Tories down the throats in the biggest news outlets, Sun, Mail, Express, Telegraph, Times, makes a huge impact on the electorate.

Instead of actually researching, they're told Tories are saving the country and actually believing it.

Tories can non-figuratively get away saying they're hiring 20,000 police officers without any hint of irony they've overseen a cut of 20,000 officers in their years in power, and people think "look, they're being tough on crime. yay."

and they built 60 new hospitals, and delivered Brexit, and made all of the fish happier

Where did I blame anybody else? The critics have a go, whatever Labour do. Corbyn... too far to the left...Starmer a man who stands for nothing. But over here we have Boris Johnson. Oh my lord!

and they built 60 new hospitals, and delivered Brexit, and made all of the fish happier

Just saw a twitter post from some ignorant Tory cabinet member where she said that the Tories have provided two high paying jobs in Hartlepool for every man, woman and child who lives there. Maths is beyond her, as 92,000 people live there but the Tories have provide 180,000 jobs apparently. All well paying too. And people are going to vote for these fudge wits!

Just saw a twitter post from some ignorant Tory cabinet member where she said that the Tories have provided two high paying jobs in Hartlepool for every man, woman and child who lives there. Maths is beyond her, as 92,000 people live there but the Tories have provide 180,000 jobs apparently. All well paying too. And people are going to vote for these fudge wits!

We are in the age of misinformation and cultural wars unfortunately. Unless MPs of any shade lose their jobs for lying, I don't see how this changes.

Labour is in effect too many organisations pulling in different directions
I used to work at their head office site and even then it was full of bell ends who didn’t know floor to get off at
Shame as we need a solid competitor to boris and the bad boys

I will be going down the road in a minute and will be voting and voting Labour.

My reasons are that is where my politics are best suited once the EU question is out the way. I can not also go anywhere near the government after their abysmal covid response.

I was in a cafe yesterday I no your not meant to eat in but it is a quiet cafe out the way and the were a few of us in there. I go once a month for a dirty fry up. Three different people told me they thought Boris had done well with everything thrown at him.

Some builders came in as I was leaving they also thought he had done well. The are a few in the pub garden where I go said similar.

I'm afraid for whatever reason I can't understand but people like the guy. The guy who did not turn up for meetings, the guy who did not take this serious the guy who told us not to wear masks.

I thought this would be the end of Johnson but some how it has been the making of him.

I'm glad for brexit, but on everything else he has been useless. Sadly I am now of the opinion that he is going to win even the next election and that the tw*ts in this country only change governments when the is an economic shock.

Morning all.

don't forget to wake up this morning and vote for the Tories to make further cuts to your day to day lives and requirements whilst charging you more money to give to their buddies.

thanks, I'd forgotten, I was considering Reform UK but you are right, it's the Tories for me

Last edited:
Back