• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

Johnson is a bit free and easy when it comes to doling out taxpayer's money to his fudge on the side. Don't they constantly go on about how they manage tax pounds so well? Corrupt as fudge and don't care because they know that nobody has ever lost an election by underestimating the stupidity of the British electorate.

Last edited:
unreal that Tories on course to win the Hartlepool by election.

Honestly don't know why i bother. If people in the lower socio-economic rungs want to fudge themselves further into oblivion, be my guest. The Tories in power doesn't affect me financially, if anything it's probably better for me.
People have been telling them to get fudged for decades, centuries even - now they are.
Can't really blame them sadly.

Public school and non public school officials both do it. The difference is that the public school lot carry on as normal even when found out.
Slightly different scenario, but I never give large contracts to people I haven't met and regularly give them to people I know well. Knowing who you're working with gives a purchaser far more confidence.

That's not corrupt, it's how business works.

Johnson is a bit free and easy when it comes to doling out taxpayer's money to his fudge on the side. Don't they constantly go on about how they manage tax pounds so well? Corrupt as fudge and don't care because they know that nobody has ever lost an election by underestimating the stupidity of the British electorate.

The problem i have with it all is that when Bliar came to power the were no big court cases against the tory sleaze guys of the 90s well Hamilton and Archer went to prison.

But I wondered why more did not, then over the years it was clear new Labour were the same. Politicians don't go after other Politicians because they are all in the same club.

unreal that Tories on course to win the Hartlepool by election.

Honestly don't know why i bother. If people in the lower socio-economic rungs want to fudge themselves further into oblivion, be my guest. The Tories in power doesn't affect me financially, if anything it's probably better for me.

I could have written this very post, after the way they have behaved in this pandemic I can not even begin to understand them even standing a chance it is mental.

Know you were remain and I am leaver but I honestly thought people were just lending their votes for a one off to get brexit done. I thought I had my finger on the pulse of the nation, I do not. But then my reasons for voting out had nothing to do with immigration so maybe I am just different to most leavers.

Will be voting Labour in an election for the first time in 12 years.

Slightly different scenario, but I never give large contracts to people I haven't met and regularly give them to people I know well. Knowing who you're working with gives a purchaser far more confidence.

That's not corrupt, it's how business works.
Fine for business. We are talking about procurement using public funds. There are rules to ensure transparency and fairness. If you don’t like the rules don’t take the job.

Fine for business. We are talking about procurement using public funds. There are rules to ensure transparency and fairness. If you don’t like the rules don’t take the job.
I would expect my government to behave the same way as successful businesses - that's better than the alternative.

Trade between the UK and EU partially recovered in February, after a steep drop in January following Brexit.

Official figures show exports to the EU jumped by 46.6%, £3.7bn, to £11.6bn, following January's 42% slump when firms struggled with new trade rules.

However, the Office for National Statistics said exports were still below last year's levels and imports from the EU had seen a weaker recovery.

Other figures from the ONS showed the UK economy grew by 0.4% in February.

The UK's statistics body said the economy was still 7.8% smaller than a year earlier, before the impact of the pandemic.

Last month's trade figures were the first since new trading rules came into force as a result of Brexit trade rule changes.

Both the ONS and business analysts said the drop in trade flows was partly caused by stockpiling in December 2020, as businesses tried to get ahead of the introduction of the new rules, depressing trade in January.

In addition, the end of the temporary trading arrangement between the UK and the EU coincided with the discovery of a new strain of Covid-19 in the UK, which caused further complications and delays, after lorry drivers were required to take tests before crossing the border at the English Channel.

An ONS spokesperson said: "Exports to the EU recovered significantly from their January fall, though still remain below 2020 levels. However, imports from the EU are yet to significantly rebound, with a number of issues hampering trade."

The Federation of Small Businesses said overall sales had dropped by £2.5bn and its members needed more help.

Chairman Mike Cherry said: "UK exports have tumbled since the end of the [Brexit] transition period.

"International sales are way down on where they were at this time last year. A fifth of small exporters have halted sales to the EU temporarily and some have already given up on selling into the bloc on a permanent basis."

_118009631_gdp.png

UK imports from the EU rose by 7.3%, or £1.2bn in February to £17.1bn, after dropping 29.7% the month before.

The ONS said the export increases were driven by machinery, transport equipment and chemicals.

The ONS said it was too early to make any conclusions about the impact of the new trading arrangements with Europe.

Total imports of goods from non-EU countries rose by 10.2% to £17.9bn in February, while exports fell by 10.5% to £12.7bn.

Covid restrictions remained in place to varying degrees across all four nations of the UK during January and February.

"The economy showed some improvement in February after the large falls seen at the start of the year but remains around 8% below its pre-pandemic level," an ONS spokesperson said.

Sarah Hewin, from Standard Chartered Bank, told the BBC's Today programme the outlook for the UK economy was improving.

"Confidence does seem to be picking up as vaccinations are spreading. We know households have built up their savings in many cases during lockdown. As lockdown restrictions are eased people are going to be able to go out and spend those savings and that will be a big boost to the economy.

"As we saw from the scenes yesterday people are keen to get out and spend when they can. There will be more opportunities for travelling and going on holiday and spending in restaurants and pubs will see people spending to go out and enjoy themselves."

The latest ONS data also indicated that the economy did not shrink by as much as initially estimated in January. The statistics body said gross domestic product (GDP) fell by 2.2% in January, an upward revision from its original estimate of a 2.9% drop.

"A slightly improved January data could mark the final contraction in the current crisis, with the economy beginning to gather strength even before the end of the lockdown," said Yael Selfin, chief economist at KPMG UK.

Rory Macqueen, principal economist at the National Institute of Economic and Social Research, said: "Clearly much of the economy has adapted to cope with Covid-19 restrictions... if the vaccine programme and lifting of restrictions continue on schedule this provides a firm basis for continuing growth in the second quarter and 2021 overall."

Our local tip you have to book a time slot for now because it is on a busy road and causing traffic issues.

In the 3 weeks since you needed a timed slot the amount of fly tipping in our little village has gone up so much.

People are utter scum.

Now David Cameron is up to his eye brows in corruption. The most corrupt government in British history, this one is and by some distance too.

Back