• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

Parrot Analytics has found that the audience demand for The Mash Report is 1.7 times the demand of the average TV series in the United Kingdom in the last 30 days.

Anyway, aside from trolling, the fact this raked in over 100m views on some of its social media vidoes from official BBC links (i.e. not including copy and paste jobs of the video), it's quite clearly got some appeal.

And clearly, Tim Davie wants to ensure such shows don't exist as they go against his Tory chums.

https://tv.parrotanalytics.com/UK/the-mash-report-bbc-two

The next sentence from that link where you took your quote emphasises that the show is merely 'average' and in the same grouping as 64.1% of shows in the market.
One of the news reports I read on this story said that their viewing figures last season sometimes dropped below one million.

I've no doubt that one or two of their little clips have been linked to a lot of times due to their easily consumable nature and their agreeable outlook regarding hot-button issues for certain demographics.

Have you been for a test?

It's quite the opposite of a failed system, it's probably the most efficient govt system I've ever seen. Certainly puts the standard NHS service to shame.
Not surprising when you spend the equivalent of the department of Transport Budget on a system that is essentially a bean count. Nothing like the complexity of the NHS. Problem is, there is little point testing if you don’t then get positive cases to isolate. That’s where it has failed and as for value for money? Also a failure.

Not surprising when you spend the equivalent of the department of Transport Budget on a system that is essentially a bean count. Nothing like the complexity of the NHS. Problem is, there is little point testing if you don’t then get positive cases to isolate. That’s where it has failed and as for value for money? Also a failure.
Not much the govt can do if people don't answer their calls. I don't answer unknown numbers either - I have far better things to do with my time.

This is sad and worrying. The government-appointed head of the BBC strikes!

The Mash Report Axed By The BBC: 'We Sometimes Have To Make Difficult Decisions'
The satirical comedy show – fronted by Nish Kumar – has been responsible for numerous viral moments in the last four years.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/the-mash-report-nish-kumar-axed_uk_604b2803c5b65bed87d998f4
The person who should be axed is the one who told Nish Kumar he's even remotely funny.

This isn't about Nish and Mash being funny. It's about them being shut down as they were critical of the govt to a point that the shut down seems to be political. Its a successful show. Nish and Rachel are hilarious. And the free speech shouty c*nts seem to be the most vocal supporters of this seemingly Orwellian act from the BBC.

Also the other point, on the 37bn spent on test and trace. You can't deny that our testing infrastructure is excellent. Tracing is down to compliance. Thars an ideological challenge that is down to the govt and Cummins saga but it doesn't equate to saying the money was wasted.

The holding to account has to be on thinking herd immunity without a vaccine would work. Locking down late. Opening up early. And PPE in early days. And sick pay being the lowest in OECD countries. The govt are knobs but testing is good and tracing exists but we suffer from compliance issues.

This isn't about Nish and Mash being funny. It's about them being shut down as they were critical of the govt to a point that the shut down seems to be political. Its a successful show. Nish and Rachel are hilarious. And the free speech shouty c*nts seem to be the most vocal supporters of this seemingly Orwellian act from the BBC
:)

This isn't about Nish and Mash being funny. It's about them being shut down as they were critical of the govt to a point that the shut down seems to be political. Its a successful show. Nish and Rachel are hilarious. And the free speech shouty c*nts seem to be the most vocal supporters of this seemingly Orwellian act from the BBC.

The BBC is Orwellian, it is it's remit. The BBC was created by the government.

Easy answer get rid of the BBC.

The government need to answer questions with regard the cost of track and trace and not Iraq war cover up style questions. Proper questions.

giphy.gif

George Orwell says hello.

This isn't about Nish and Mash being funny. It's about them being shut down as they were critical of the govt to a point that the shut down seems to be political. Its a successful show. Nish and Rachel are hilarious. And the free speech shouty c*nts seem to be the most vocal supporters of this seemingly Orwellian act from the BBC

Yep, the fragile snowflakes that shout ‘cancel culture waaaah’ suddenly don’t have a problem with this.

Yep, the fragile snowflakes that shout ‘cancel culture waaaah’ suddenly don’t have a problem with this.
I'm not sure anyone complaining about cancel culture has suggested that all content should be shown regardless of quality, just regardless of politics.

To claim it as a political move is more than far fetched. Newsnight, the entire BBC News website, etc. are clearly better choices as targets. It's a bit like being accused of kicking the talent off the park for sliding in on Mark Noble.

I'm not sure anyone complaining about cancel culture has suggested that all content should be shown regardless of quality, just regardless of politics.

To claim it as a political move is more than far fetched. Newsnight, the entire BBC News website, etc. are clearly better choices as targets. It's a bit like being accused of kicking the talent off the park for sliding in on Mark Noble.

You haven’t been paying attention then.

The hatred of the BBC is hilarious and nonsensical too. The left think it’s right wing, the right think it’s left wing. Neither side realise that maybe it’s their politics that are ridiculous rather than ‘unfairly reported on’

You haven’t been paying attention then.

The hatred of the BBC is hilarious and nonsensical too. The left think it’s right wing, the right think it’s left wing. Neither side realise that maybe it’s their politics that are ridiculous rather than ‘unfairly reported on’

So the BBC should just be disbanded then people would not have to pay to own a TV and could get the news from whatever source they wanted.

I resent paying for the beeb it is not good enough, I watch news night and gardeners world. Even worse is the poor sports output, then the is drama I can not remember the last drama I watched.

The news has always had a left wing dint to it but honestly that is not the worst thing. Value for money is.

It should either be disbanded or adverts allowed so I don't have to pay for it.

Also the other point, on the 37bn spent on test and trace. You can't deny that our testing infrastructure is excellent. Tracing is down to compliance. Thars an ideological challenge that is down to the govt and Cummins saga but it doesn't equate to saying the money was wasted.

It shouldn’t take the cost of an entire government department to make the testing system efficient. To what end is this great efficiency of the testing system? The point of community testing is to identify the community hotspots so you can home in on the virus and suppress it and thereby avoid damaging lockdowns. No point in testing without tracing! If it failed to do that then what was the point in spending that money and how much extra would be needed to make it fit for purpose? Which company celebrates producing a million widgets which then don’t go on to make the company any money? £37 Billion? That is a staggering amount of taxpayers money. And the context is that there is now not enough money to give a 2% pay rise to nurses or any form of pay rise to other public servants who put themselves in harms way to keep society going. But it is ok, because this government never seems to own any of its mess ups, there is literally no accountability.

Last edited:
The BBC is far too vulnerable to the control any government can bring to bear financially.
Not so fare away from the Russian system.

The BBC is respected across the globe. One of the few broadcasters that are not beholden to an owner (think Murdoch) or profit hungry shareholders.

No doubt they have to reinvent themselves to be relevant to the YouTube generation. But shows like the night manager or recent one on the Thai serial killer have to be a way forward - shows that are sold throughout the world. So many of the shows wouldn’t be made by commercial broadcasters, the BBC has pioneered so many things that are respected globally.

Why is there a wish to diminish British institutions that both enrich and define us?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

The BBC is respected across the globe. One of the few broadcasters that are not beholden to an owner (think Murdoch) or profit hungry shareholders.

No doubt they have to reinvent themselves to be relevant to the YouTube generation. But shows like the night manager or recent one on the Thai serial killer have to be a way forward - shows that are sold throughout the world. So many of the shows wouldn’t be made by commercial broadcasters, the BBC has pioneered so many things that are respected globally.

Why is there a wish to diminish British institutions that both enrich and define us?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
For power! By silencing detractors.

Back