• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

Leader of the opposition Sir Keir Starmer opens his questioning on testing.

He reads out a quote from the prime minister from three months ago that "test and trace can be a real game changer for us".

He adds that yesterday the PM said the "complete opposite" - that testing and tracing "has very little to do with the spread and transmission of the disease".

Which one is right, he asks.

Boris Johnson replies it is an "obvious fact that the disease is transmitted by human or aerosol contact.

*sigh*

Doing a brilliant job so far. As long as he keeps his word on europe then I know a few including myself who will vote for him at the next election.

Doesn't feel like much of a story, GSK are world leaders in vaccine development and production so it's pretty obvious they're going to want to develop something for covid and as a British business I'm glad they are.

Did Vallance declare it though? If not, it is not a good look, particulary at that amount (which is not small change...)

Absolutely nothing story if he declared it. Zero. I hold shares in various companies, and my firm has to be notified, as i am sure most government ministers or senior roles would need to also. I regret not buying pharma at the early start back when this was an epidemic.

But lastly:

A former Tory cabinet minister said - "If he [Vallance] is making decisions on vaccines & advising the Gov on them, then he either needs to divest himself of them [shares] or make a declaration every time he touches on the subject"

Pot. Kettle. Black. Govt are literally handing out contracts without tender to their mates and everyone's ok with it? Cool.

He was president or something at GSK no? The government knew that, you could not work in his field without being in someway in bed with GSK or Sanofi.

Fact is he announced it and secondly he has no involvement in commercial contracts so its abit of a non story.

With his past in GSK I am shocked its taken the press so long to rake up such a storm over nothing

How have we managed to spend £12B on test and trace, that's an obscene amount.

I do have some sympathy with the call rate - surely you know if you've tested positive you're going to get a call and you get a combination of 10 calls and text messages asking for you to contact them or enter your close contacts online and yet people just blatantly disregard them.

How have we managed to spend £12B on test and trace, that's an obscene amount.

I do have some sympathy with the call rate - surely you know if you've tested positive you're going to get a call and you get a combination of 10 calls and text messages asking for you to contact them or enter your close contacts online and yet people just blatantly disregard them.

Tories handing out contracts to their mates

tenor.gif

Tories handing out contracts to their mates

tenor.gif

That's the main motivation behind privatization. Their spiv mates make a fortune and then down the track they get put on the board... all very quietly, you understand. The Tories have made an art form of this. The Tories...as corupt as they want to be.

Like everything this government do, half arsed confused leadership that tries to satisfy everyone instead of having a clear plan, leaves people not taking government seriously. Who can blame them?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Like the adviser in Sweden said, if you get too strict people hit fatigue and frustration rates and break the rules, if you give people a level of freedoms they are likely to behave.

I have doubts that would work for UK in same way, but cant be worse than now

Its only one poll and it doesnt really mean that much, but its a good indication of what the public think of Johnson

I think the next 6 months will be critical for Boris and the Tories. Also some of the new MPs in the party who won on the Brexit slogan are so effin average it is scary.

Also Labour now have some obvious strategy in there messaging. They are carefully non committal on issues where they could get hurt. I liked Corbyn but he was an idealist and hence got wrecked by the media. Its different now.

I think the next 6 months will be critical for Boris and the Tories. Also some of the new MPs in the party who won on the Brexit slogan are so effin average it is scary.

Also Labour now have some obvious strategy in there messaging. They are carefully non committal on issues where they could get hurt. I liked Corbyn but he was an idealist and hence got wrecked by the media. Its different now.
They're non-committal on everything and then use hindsight to attack at PMQs.

The obvious tactic really when nobody knows the right answer until after the event.

They're non-committal on everything and then use hindsight to attack at PMQs.

The obvious tactic really when nobody knows the right answer until after the event.

It is obvious and it seems to be working as they avoid bad press and get the soundbites from PMQs. I still personally feel that this govt getting 39% even though they are clearly incompetent shows the genius of the Brexit campaign managed by Cummings. I may dislike him but he is brilliant at what he does.

Back