1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

Discussion in 'Randomination' started by SpurMeUp, 19 Feb 2019.

1. Grays_1890

Grays_1890 John Lacy

Did you vote for Blairs Labour even though its widely considered a right wing Labour?? I would say no based on your ideology you seem to bang on

2. Gilzeantoscore

Gilzeantoscore Dean Austin

Oh well, seems Grays is nor fan of Wilde then.

3. Gilzeantoscore

rated

4. Gilzeantoscore

I don't vote for a PM, nobody does, I vote for a local MP.

5. Grays_1890

Grays_1890 John Lacy

Thats why said Blair's Labour and not Blair, with such staunch left views you would be at pains to contribute towards the election of a right sided leader though? Or does that not count now?

6. Gilzeantoscore

To paraphrase LBJ, "I think it's better to stay inside the tent tinkling out, than to be outside the tent, tinkling in."

7. Gilzeantoscore

You my friend are well and truly on the 'outside of the tent.'

8. Grays_1890

Grays_1890 John Lacy

If that's your thing I always found his work self indulging

9. Gilzeantoscore

I'll tell you what I didn't do, in response to Blair. i didn't go off supporting Tory Party talking points every day.

10. Grays_1890

Grays_1890 John Lacy

As were 3m voters. You are like those life long presidents of golf clubs that see the membership dwindle but it's still run the way you and your mates like it. Well it was under Corbyn.

The party lost wholesale support it's why they championed the younger voters because they knew those of any sensible age knew Corbyn is a nut job

Parklaner81 likes this.
  11. Gilzeantoscore

Oh no, Wilde like Shakespeare had a profound understanding of the human condition.

thfcsteff likes this.
  12. Grays_1890

Grays_1890 John Lacy

Hahaha but you supported a rightist party and an unholy war on Iraq....it's ok I did too I loved Blair the war stuck in my throat though.

There we go we find some middle ground, welcome to the tent

SpurMeUp and Gilzeantoscore like this.
  13. Gilzeantoscore

Yeah cause the best way to attract new members is to say, "well the greens are crap, the club rooms are decrepit, I'm the president and I'm a clam... sign here." Which appears to be your strategy for resurrecting Labour. Ha, ha.

14. Gilzeantoscore

No, I resented Blair and thought he was a war criminal, but unlike you I can distinguish between a mass organization form a single member. British Labour is bigger than Blair, or Corbyn or any individual. But again there are different standards applied to labour, as some think Johnson is a perfectly respectable chap.

15. Grays_1890

Grays_1890 John Lacy

It's leader yeh???

16. Gilzeantoscore

Look what I wrote about Johnson. People have no qualms about voting for his party and he's Prime Minister for gods sake.

17. Parklaner81

Parklaner81 Steve Hodge

Have you ever thought of becoming a football supporter? You'd be brilliant at it ;)

18. Grays_1890

Grays_1890 John Lacy

No mine is don't anti of what Corbyn was doing, clean the party from it's clear issues, something Kier is doing and at pace. Another is to engage and not abuse or label people, this was a clear issue and TBH you follow that typically Corbyn baby in that you get personal and abusive, that doesn't breed party progression, it's proved globally to stop it.

In seriousness you attrbute my name to a post about Bullying which I have never been, you disagree with me that's fine, the personal nature you chose earlier was not and ironically you are showing the signs of bullying and belittling because you don't agree.

Personally that side of engagement where your wrongfully attributing me to certain things without proof namely the bully side I would ask you to stop a it's become an issue for me. I ask that these posts stop as you are wrong with your tone and also the your not Labour side, you don't have to believe it but I'm telling you wholeheartedly I have been Labour all my life, there is no reason in my mind to dig me out weekly un provoked like today.

19. Gilzeantoscore

Where in this conversation did I abuse you? I defended you at the outset. You took umbrage at me describing you as a life long Labour voter. Never once did I associate you with bullying either. You are just making stuff up. I said "I hope nobody accuses you of being a bully." But if you are having issues I will go easy on you from now on. I don't want to be the bane of some poor sod's existence and I would hate to think that anyone is taking things really to heart. I'm sorry if that is the case.. :)

Last edited: 13 Aug 2020
  20. Gilzeantoscore

Yeah, I know. which side I'm on and no pretending otherwise. How are those dinghys going for yer?

thfcsteff likes this.