• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

Bit rich this coming from this taco really

Jeremy Corbyn has said he will not attend the state banquet at Buckingham Palace in honour of Donald Trump.

The Labour leader argued it would be wrong to "roll out the red carpet" for the US president, whom he accused of using "racist and misogynist rhetoric".

The US-UK relationship did not need "the pomp and ceremony" of June's state visit, he added.

Prime Minister Theresa May promised Mr Trump the honour after he was elected in 2016.

Commons Speaker John Bercow and Liberal Democrat leader Sir Vince Cable have already declined to attend the dinner.

In a statement, Mr Corbyn said: "Theresa May should not be rolling out the red carpet for a state visit to honour a president who rips up vital international treaties, backs climate change denial and uses racist and misogynist rhetoric

He said he'd be happy to meet with Trump, he just doesn't want to go to the state banquet. I can't say I'd want to sit there and watch Trump put tomato ketchup on his steak, why would anyone ruin a nice steak with tomato ketchup?

I understand where corbyn is coming from, but it's a state visit fir the president, its not trump per se its the office of POTUS.
Sometimes as a politician you need to see by the personality to the bigger picture.
Surely it's actually a visit of the Politics, not just the person or the office.
I'm not against him visiting, he won't be the most vile politician we've entertained. And we are now in an age when people are happy to protest and make their voices heard, it's great.

As far as addressing the Commons goes. Let him. And let MPs choose if they want to show up and what stance they want to take.
(Make Bercow be speaker for it too - I'd love to see him enforce Commons etiquette on Trump.)

Why separate the man from the office? His twitter account doesn’t. Nor do his hotel procurement preferences nor his nepotistic appointments, nor his thin-skinned reactions to perceived slights.

Fully behind grubby Steptoe on this, if on nothing else. And, as ever, thank goodness for Bercow.

I understand where corbyn is coming from, but it's a state visit fir the president, its not trump per se its the office of POTUS.
Sometimes as a politician you need to see by the personality to the bigger picture.
You'd still wipe your arse without loo roll just before you had to meet him though. Even the queen must be tempted

The polls for the European elections don't seem to show a great deal of appetite for a 2nd referendum or just revoking article 50, as all the completely pro-remain parties are polling at around 20% combined. It might be time for the most ardent remainers to start entertaining the idea of a soft-brexit/Norway+/whatever you want to call it as the least-worst option.

The polls for the European elections don't seem to show a great deal of appetite for a 2nd referendum or just revoking article 50, as all the completely pro-remain parties are polling at around 20% combined. It might be time for the most ardent remainers to start entertaining the idea of a soft-brexit/Norway+/whatever you want to call it as the least-worst option.
Or move somewhere.....sigh

So Gavin Williamson - undisputed a roosterroach of the highest order.

However, should he be receiving some credit for whistleblowing that the government was planning to undermine national security and damage relations with our key intelligence partners, for the sake of a few brown envelopes of yuan?

EU elections are no indication of anything

EU elections are no indication of anything

Normally, perhaps. In the midst of Brexit, I think they will show the strength of feeling of aggrieved leavers and remainers alike. It's why the Brexit party is polling high despite forming about 20 minutes ago.

Normally, perhaps. In the midst of Brexit, I think they will show the strength of feeling of aggrieved leavers and remainers alike. It's why the Brexit party is polling high despite forming about 20 minutes ago.
I am politically engaged, I am not fussed on the EU elections, I would think this is the majority

The brexit party is just UKIP and they have always had a protest vote for EU parliament.

I won't place any weight on the EU elections myself .

I am politically engaged, I am not fussed on the EU elections, I would think this is the majority

The brexit party is just UKIP and they have always had a protest vote for EU parliament.

I won't place any weight on the EU elections myself .

You could well be right. No doubt the results will get spun to all phuck whatever happens.

Back